Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2009, 07:22 PM #1826 of 1941
If the Maelstrom is the next expansion then I will start to believe that list, until then it could be purely coincidental or an outline.

In other news, they are finally going through with the "Faction Swap". You can take on your characters and basically swap them to the other faction. Detail are scarce now but they will come as it gets developed more. Everyone on the WoW forums are claiming that this is "gamebreaking" and much like everything else they bitch about...they are wrong and overreacting. I mean it certainly makes no sense, but who cares at this point.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:36 AM #1827 of 1941
Well, just to bump a thread for a game that no one else plays but me.

I'm currently still achievement gathering because I've nothing better to do. Going for 'The Exalted' and 'The Insane' titles right now. So far, I'm at the part where I'm honored with the Bloodsail Pirates. After a few weekends of casually grinding goblin rep, I'm now able to walk into Gadgetzan as a neutral person again. I'm still quite hated in every other place. But, it's only a matter of time!

Then, I have to grind all the other crap factions. Blah.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:46 PM #1828 of 1941
Non-confirmed by Blizzard, but.... here goes:
Re-editing from what MMO-Champion re-edited

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is the next expansion for World of Warcraft. Dark and forgotten threats that have long stayed out of sight have finally arrived on our shores, unleashing a cataclysmic event upon Azeroth and now preparing more nefarius plans to take it back.

Level Cap
The level cap in the next expansion will be slightly lower than expected this time around; 85.

This suggests Blizzard wants more room for expansions before hitting the level 100 cap. With less leveling to do (along with the revamped leveling listed below likely to increase the speed and ease of leveling), leveling a new race remains appealing for new and existing players alike.

Leveling from 80-85 should be a much bigger deal, the idea is to make sure that gaining a level really means something and doesn't make you feel like you just have 4 more levels to go.

New Classes
Cataclysm doesn't introduce any new classes to the game. Instead, Blizzard have offered more race and classes combinations to players. The Some of these have alreadly been datamined from the 3.2.2 Test Realms. The An Injured Colleague quest and it's new Night Elf counter-part help to introduce the lore for these new race and class combinations, so we can probably expect to see more of these for some of the less traditional ones.

* Human Hunter
* Orc Mage
* Night Elf Mage
* Dwarf Mage
* Blood Elf Warrior
* Dwarf Shaman
* Undead Hunter
* Tauren Paladin
* Tauren Priest
* Gnome Priest
* Troll Druid

New Races
The events of the cataclysm has caused two new races to seek new allies. The Goblins for the Horde and the Worgen for the Alliance.

Goblins
Deathwing once again sought the services of the goblins, as slaves. Unable to refuse such an offer, the goblins were enslaved by him. A large group have resisted however. With their previous homes devastated by the cataclysm, they escaping to an island off the coast of The Barrens. As they strive to recover, they come across an Orc captured on an Alliance ship and rescue him. The Orc turns out to be none other than Thrall himself, and in return offers the Goblins a place within the Horde. These events are carried out in a quest line, allowing players to experience first-hand the reasons behind the Goblins' shift from neutrality.

Worgen
The cataclysm has cracked open the Greymane Wall, finally revealing what has happened to the kingdom of Gilneas and its citizens. With the Worgen curse taken hold, they have found a partial cure, allowing thme to retain their Human minds even when transformed. Venturing forth from Gilneas and seeking help from the Alliance, they have decided to join them, to combat the new threats of Cataclysm.

Gilneas will make extensive use of the phasing system (much like the Death Knight starting area), to show what happened while the kingdom was cut off from the rest of the world and lead up to present day.

Worgens will have two forms, a Worgen form and a Human form. Players will be able to customise the look of both forms.

New Content
Cataclysm will be the first expansion not to introduce a new continent, instead making use of previously unreleased zones and revamping existing ones.

Classic Azeroth Revamp
A cataclysmic event caused by Deathwing and Azshara will change the face of Azeroth as we know it. Most of the new content for Cataclysm will take the form of a revamped Azeroth, taking advantage of newer additions to WoW such as phasing and daily quests. Most of the quests and mobs in the classic zones will also be redesigned to make leveling less painful. With the revamp, a greater narritive and sense progression will be offered to players. Some zones and dungeons will change drastically to fit this, e.g.,

* The Barrens will be split into two separate zones of two different level bands.
* Azshara will become a low level (~10-20) zone.
* Some of the zones like the Thousand Needles will be flooded.
* Durotar is wrecked and apparently Orgrimmar could be destroyed. A new Orc city is rebuilt over the course of the expansion.
* Gnomeregan will be part of the expansion as well and gnomes might be able to reclaim their capital. (The last part is still unconfirmed)
* Wailing Caverns will be become a lush tropical area as a result of the druid's magic.
* The Blackrock Spire will erupt and a new version of Blackrock Mountains will be available, apparently Ragnaros will be back too.

In the aftermath of the cataclysm, and the new conflicts on the horizon relief efforts can be found in many zones and new open PvP areas similar to Lake Wintergrasp.

Flying in Azeroth
Part of the redesign of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is the introduction of flying to the two continents, allowing access to many new areas and quicker travelling across the large continents.

Classic Dungeon Revamp
Redesigning Onyxia's Lair in Patch 3.2.2 was just the first step. As most of the leveling will take place in revamped areas of Azeroth, so too will the dungeons, allowing players to use them to level from 80 to 85.

Unreleased Zones & Dungeons
With the addition of flying mounts to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms and the redesign of many zones, most of the previously unreachable or incomplete zones will now be made available to players. This is where most of the new content from 80 to 85 will take place. Some of these are,

* Hyjal (present)
* Gilneas - The Worgen starting Zone.
* Uldum

It is unclear if the old Goblin locations such as Kezan and Undermine will be included in Cataclyms with the revelation of the goblins' plight, but several new islands have also been risen from the seas by the events of Cataclysm, some on the backs of giant sea turtles and whales, with the addition of several underwater zones.

Characters and Events

Deathwing
Deathwing the Destroyer / Neltharion the Earth-Warder will play a major role in Cataclysm. Having been driven mad by Old God whisperings and turning against his own kind only to be fail in his attempts, Deathwing has sunk into the shadows. While the Horde and the Alliance were busy fighting back the Burning Legion only to then be beset with the Scourge, he has been lurking and moving things into place. After Lady Sinestra's failed attempts to create a Twilight Dragonflight, he again retreated to Grim Batol and succeeded where she failed. With his results seen in the Obsidian Sanctum, he has finally created the supreme Dragonflight he sought and plans to unleash it upon the world. But what of the Old Gods' sway over him?

Azshara
Queen Azshara will also play a major part in Cataclysm. Unknown to many mortal races, long forgotten by others, and believe to be dead by her own kind, she has not been dormant in depths of the Maelstrom. Having those around her transformed by the Old Gods into Naga after her failure in the War of the Ancients, she has become far more powerful and a greater threat than she once was. Not content with just Nazjatar and the depths of the sea, Azshara seeks to reclaim power and reign once again. With the true plan behind Lady Vashj's support of Illidan remaining a mystery we do not know what hand Azshara has yet played. The big question remains, is she now serving her "saviors", the Old Gods?

The Cataclysm
I'm still not sure who is the true end boss of Cataclysm is, but the cataclysm appears to have been caused by attempts to incantation to summon extremely powerful beings using an ancient incantation by Deathwing and Azshara. They're both very powerful, but the cataclysm itself suggests something more powerful is behind it, perhaps their shared past of Old God influence?

The Guardian of Tirisfal
Malfurion Stormrage will be returning to Azeroth to aid in the creation of the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall! Med'an's role in these events is currently unknown.

The New (New) Horde
Thrall will hand over the leadership of the Horde to Garrosh Hellscream, while he serves as a coordinator for both the Horde and Alliance forces in and effort to combat the new threat of the Naga and Black Dragonflight. Without Thrall to keep Garrosh in check, he declares open war on the Alliance. In the political upheaval Cairne Bloodhoof is implicated as a traitor to the Horde and murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son Baine takes over as the new Tauren chieftan. This could explain why Baine was removed from the game in Patch 3.2.2, you can find more information about this in Ahmo Thunderhorn - replacement for Baine Bloodhoof?

Grains of salt until we find more out at Blizzcon. Just sayin'.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:30 PM #1829 of 1941
While they may decide to revamp some of the old Azeroth stuff (and long overdue as well), I'm calling bullshit on this. It sounds to me more like the wishful thinking of a bunch of creative minds.

I mean Troll Druids and Dwarf Shamans? Come on now.

I was speaking idiomatically.

I have nothing clever to put here.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:08 PM #1830 of 1941
While they may decide to revamp some of the old Azeroth stuff (and long overdue as well), I'm calling bullshit on this. It sounds to me more like the wishful thinking of a bunch of creative minds.

I mean Troll Druids and Dwarf Shamans? Come on now.
Agree. For example, Blizzard has said previously that allowing flying on the original continents is a logistical nightmare and, in my mind, would only serve to dilute the exploration achievements as well as invoke a little more griefing from rival factions on leaders and lower-level players. As far as I can tell, there's nothing to stop someone from flying into, say, Elwynn Forest.

As for adding new classes to races that don't have them, they have done it before so it's not unheard of and I expect them to do it eventually just because it's easier to keep newbs happy than veterans.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:56 PM #1831 of 1941
Damn, this expansion actually sounds pretty cool. I remember being pissed about the Greymane Wall blocking off the werewolf kingdom back when I played WoW, so I'd love to finally see what's beyond there. Unfortunately, getting back into WoW after all these years is the last thing I need right now even if it didn't require buying two (three?) expansions to do it.

FELIPE NO
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:52 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2009, 10:52 PM #1832 of 1941
Damn, this expansion actually sounds pretty cool. I remember being pissed about the Greymane Wall blocking off the werewolf kingdom back when I played WoW, so I'd love to finally see what's beyond there. Unfortunately, getting back into WoW after all these years is the last thing I need right now even if it didn't require buying two (three?) expansions to do it.
I don't know if you can still do it after newer patches (3.0 & more recent), but through careful glitches and timed jumps, you COULD get behind the Greymane wall. However, there's nothing behind it besides a few rocks and trees, which then spread out into flat featureless terrain:

YouTube Video

As for the new expansion, well the only likely thing from all that is the Worgen and Goblins becoming playable races, the rest sounds like speculation and wishful thinking (As nice as it would be). I expect more developments during/after Blizzcon.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:21 AM #1833 of 1941
Yeah, I remember seeing a video of that glitch back in the day. I meant it was disappointing that there was no way to get back there since they hadn't programmed anything into the game for it. It would've been a lot more interesting than some of the desert areas.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 03:45 AM #1834 of 1941
Unless they phased the content like they have in WLK, I think that 'expansion speculation' is the worst idea ever. I'd love to see vanilla WoW fucked up like no other, but to have it all messed up like that makes no sense.

And, those classes make no sense whatsoever. Night Elf Mages? Right.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:35 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 03:35 AM #1835 of 1941
Societal taboos don't make them impossible. Orc Warlocks anybody?

SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 08:04 AM #1836 of 1941
I keep hearing there will be no new hero classes with the expansion, and this really ticks me off. Having the one class was, for lack of a better term, a cocktease, and I'm pretty sure they kinda guaranteed they were working on more of them. The storyline of the DKs was cool, but too bad I thought their mechanics sucked too much to play one. (LAWL KEYBOARD FACEROLL!)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:17 AM #1837 of 1941
Unless they phased the content like they have in WLK, I think that 'expansion speculation' is the worst idea ever. I'd love to see vanilla WoW fucked up like no other, but to have it all messed up like that makes no sense.

They're going to use more of the phase technology for the quests. So it'll get fucked up like Dragonblight and the Death Gate and all that. Where you'll only see it if you do the quests. (provided its all true and not a huge "LOL" at everyone)

Also there's a Night Elf mage trainer in Stormwind as well as a Dwarf Shaman boss in BRD. Troll Druids are in ZG and ZA (from what I've been told. I haven't run ZG in ages and never stepped foot in ZA)

I'm more upset horde get stuck with Goblins and Alliance get a brand new class.

A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:31 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 09:31 AM #1838 of 1941
I can't imagine why though goblins are fucking sweet. Of course they should have been with the horde to begin with and last time around they just got more damn elves while the alliance got something new. So it does seem to be working towards a trend of giving crappier addons horde side. If they could give em merlocs eventually that might just make up for it though.

I'm still holding onto the hope that one day trolls will get warlocks. It would be nice to fail to avoid the voodoo.

Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:40 AM #1839 of 1941
Honestly I was hoping Pandaren or something cool like that, of course they could be biding their time with that for when (or if) they introduce a Monk-style class. Brewmaster!

How ya doing, buddy?

SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:17 AM #1840 of 1941
You know, I guess Pandaren have kinda been taken out of the game because of the significance in Chinese culture. It's illegal to even simulate killing a Panda even in a video game in China. If it ever were put into the game, it would be in a totally NPC capacity.

Although, if they did do it, it would virtually eliminate gold farmers... hmm...

And like I said dagget, I wouldn't believe this list yet. Seems very shady.

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 03:22 PM #1841 of 1941
Societal taboos don't make them impossible. Orc Warlocks anybody?
Orcs are dirty sluts and don't obey the rules.

The Alliance never does bad things, obv.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:06 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 02:06 PM #1842 of 1941
One suggestion I've heard is that the Goblins and Worgen will start off as a third 'neutral' faction, and its up to the player to decide if they want to be Horde or Alliance at the end of a starting zone quest.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:20 PM #1843 of 1941
There's an entire city of NE mages in Dire Maul. The Wildhammer clan of dwarfs practice shamanism and trolls have no problems turning into animals by worshiping primal Loa spirits. Those could be possible.

Things that really dont seem right:

Undead hunter? There's the blightcaller in EPL, he is basically an undead hunter but he has blighted hounds or something. I just dont see how undead can have a connection to animals and nature/living things. Unless they can only tame undead beasts, which would be kinda cool...maybe.
Human hunters. Blizzard said humans never had the connection and understanding of nature that is needed to be a hunter like the other races. But there are lots of human hunter NPCs.
Tauren Paladin seems a bit strange...

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:24 PM #1844 of 1941

Just about everything posted on MMO-Champion is true.

Spoiler:

New Secondary Skill: Archeology

Announcement trailer on the site too.

So talk and discuss as you will. (or QQ if you hate the changes)

How ya doing, buddy?

SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:48 PM #1845 of 1941
Wow, I'm just surprised the rumors were true. It's crazy. I honestly thought it was just too much stuff.

I DO have issue with just how much they're changing a lot of the original areas. I mean to a degree a lot of it will seem like a completely different game.

But... BUT... HEROIC SHADOWFANG KEEP BITCHES!

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:50 PM #1846 of 1941
Wow, I'm just surprised the rumors were true. It's crazy. I honestly thought it was just too much stuff.

I DO have issue with just how much they're changing a lot of the original areas. I mean to a degree a lot of it will seem like a completely different game.

But... BUT... HEROIC SHADOWFANG KEEP BITCHES!
HEROIC DEADMINES

If HEROIC VAN CLEEF is anything like he was in the ToC heroic 5-man as a mere "Memory"... man...

Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:51 PM #1847 of 1941
Tauren Paladin seems a bit strange ridiculously overpowered...
Fixed.

FELIPE NO
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:54 PM #1848 of 1941
Someone give me a server I can transfer a toon to. I'm bored as shit on Undermine. Horde obviously.

Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:21 PM #1849 of 1941
My main is on Korialstrasz, but I'm sure once I start playing again, I'll just roll a new main on whichever server you guys most play on. That being said, my Hunter, whom I love, is already on Undermine.

Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:25 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 04:25 PM #1850 of 1941
I tried out the trial of WoW recently, and actually found it to be quite amusing. Unfortunately I'm too poor to actually buy the game and even if I did I can only play it during the summer. Maybe another time, when I have a job. And time. And unhindered internet access.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft