Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Amusing] Pay 90, get 9010 back. Oh yeah, no game for one kid too.
Closed Thread

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:12 AM 3 #1 of 17
Pay 90, get 9010 back. Oh yeah, no game for one kid too.

Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game online for more than 9000 - Yahoo! News

Haha, wow. I remember hearing rumors about people doing this to punish their kids, but neve with the parent doing so getting so much back for it.

And just the price for the game is shocking. I am almost sure that whomever bid that amount won't pay THAT amount for the game. Sure, it's good and all (I guess, not into that genre), but 100 times the price (or more)?!

Haha, and the kid must be beside himself. Not only does he NOT get the gift he so wants, his father gets enough money to buy probably half the entire library of Wii games at this point.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:04 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 11:34 AM 2 #2 of 17
You know I'm glad you posted this Mortis and I give you props for doing it.

I give the father all the admiration in the world for doing what he did. If I was a dad I would probably do the same thing. I just have zero tolerance for drugs and I wouldn't really care if my kids did drugs when they decided to get out on their own. As long as a child lives in my house and under my roof I expect him to obey the rules of the house.

Personally I've never touched any drugs in my life but I have plenty of friends that do but I've never really held it against them because its their own life and they're more than welcome to live their own life how they see fit.

I know if my dad ever caught me with drugs or under the influence of them he'd probably put me in jail. I wouldn't be surprised, because he struck fear into me to let me know that he did not have any sort of tolerance for drugs.

I don't think the dad would get the Guitar Hero III for over $9000. I checked ebay and the highest I've seen Guitar Hero III go for is $3000, but I surely won't be surprised if thats the actual price the australian man paid for it.

Remember the Tickle Me Elmo's I've seen them going for over $10,000 the first year they were out.

Do I really think this punishment is going to stop this kid from doing drugs?

Probably not, but I still think this is a great punishment: for any negative action all depending on the person's point of view there should always be a negative consequence.

The kid is probably going to be angry at his dad, but maybe he'll learn to stop doing drugs around his house, or better yet not do them at all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:09 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2007, 01:39 AM 3 #3 of 17
Why someone would pay $9000 for a piece of shit game like Guitar Hero is far beyond me. Props to the Dad though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:48 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 09:48 AM #4 of 17
Why the fuck would someone pay that much? This pisses me off so fucking much.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:10 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2007, 06:10 AM 1 1 #5 of 17
"The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard."

GAMEBOARD

This article surely has to be a joke, for a few reasons. First of all, most sane parents would just punish their kids but not sell their christmas presents. Second of all, why would anyone in their right mind pay so much money for a copy of Guitar Hero?

Don't answer that, it was rhetorical. I'm calling fake on this entire article, there's practically zero games worth $9000 out there. A few thousand yeah, not OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:12 PM #6 of 17
I'm leaning more like a wrong imput. The buyer must have enter one or two zero more than what he really wanted to imput.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 02:15 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 12:15 PM #7 of 17
Quote:
"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.
Maybe he should throw in a Ninjabread Man game in there to seal the deal come Christmas morning.

FELIPE NO
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 02:45 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 12:45 PM #8 of 17
Ha. It was all the son bidding on it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:19 PM 1 #9 of 17
"The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard."

GAMEBOARD

This article surely has to be a joke, for a few reasons. First of all, most sane parents would just punish their kids but not sell their christmas presents. Second of all, why would anyone in their right mind pay so much money for a copy of Guitar Hero?

Don't answer that, it was rhetorical. I'm calling fake on this entire article, there's practically zero games worth $9000 out there. A few thousand yeah, not OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND.
For the love of god, will you stop acting like New zealand's pricing and surplus of a game is relevent to the situation in America. So much for you supposedly changing.

Guitar hero 3 is sold out in every retail store in the U.S and impossible to find online as well. Only way to get a copy before christmas is to either use Ebay or constantly visit a store every morning, everyday or waste money on the PC version.Add the fact that America is filled to the brim with moral crusaders who swim in money. This story is very believable.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:10 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2007, 03:10 PM 1 #10 of 17
For the love of god, will you stop acting like New zealand's pricing and surplus of a game is relevent to the situation in America. So much for you supposedly changing.

Guitar hero 3 is sold out in every retail store in the U.S and impossible to find online as well. Only way to get a copy before christmas is to either use Ebay or constantly visit a store every morning, everyday or waste money on the PC version.Add the fact that America is filled to the brim with moral crusaders who swim in money. This story is very believable.
"The sale was a boon for the family's bank account, since the game the father purchased for 90 dollars (US) was finally sold to an Australian who plunked down 9,100 dollars for it."

Australian. Aussies pay the same price for games as New Zealanders (hence the link, thus cutting your latter sentence to shreds). Guitar Hero III isn't worth 9000 dollars, nor are most games. It isn't rare or hard to find in Aus/NZ at all, so there's no reason why someone would pay that.

So, why would you?

Nice try though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:12 PM #11 of 17

Its in Montereal.

IDK what's cooking in Quebec but in Nova Scotia GHIII isn't rare, I guess its due to very low population. I can find almost GHIII for WII and 360 in walmart, ebgames, best buy, futureshop, almost any electronic store here in Canada.

Most amazing jew boots
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:01 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2007, 06:01 PM 1 #12 of 17
Yeah seriously, I find it seriously unlikely that Guitar Hero III is that popular that it's sold out COMPLETELY around America and Canada.

Originally Posted by Iwata
Guitar hero 3 is sold out in every retail store in the U.S and impossible to find online as well.
Actually, to prove you wrong on this (yikes), it's available from different American/Canadian online stores, and Play-Asia gets them in all the time. So really, going out of your way just to make me look bad has not only failed, but backfired. Not only was the "buyer" Australian (but, hey, way to needlessly diss Americans), not only is the game not rare, not omega popular, and not worth $9000, but you can purchase it anywhere fucking else with or without the controller for a helluva lot cheaper.

But, hey, I find it funny that someone is actually dumb enough to think that someone legitimately purchased a Wii game for $9000US. All those ebayed PS3 consoles that sold for $3000+ were legit purchases too, hey, right?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:45 AM 1 1 #13 of 17
Yeah seriously, I find it seriously unlikely that Guitar Hero III is that popular that it's sold out COMPLETELY around America and Canada.

Actually, to prove you wrong on this (yikes), it's available from different American/Canadian online stores, and Play-Asia gets them in all the time. So really, going out of your way just to make me look bad has not only failed, but backfired. Not only was the "buyer" Australian (but, hey, way to needlessly diss Americans), not only is the game not rare, not omega popular, and not worth $9000, but you can purchase it anywhere fucking else with or without the controller for a helluva lot cheaper.

But, hey, I find it funny that someone is actually dumb enough to think that someone legitimately purchased a Wii game for $9000US. All those ebayed PS3 consoles that sold for $3000+ were legit purchases too, hey, right?
Listen up Dumbass. Your responses in this thread are a clear indication as to why you've been banned numerous times from this site and why most of the userbase puts away their grudges against each other to unite and hate on you. You constantly promise to change your ways, but you constantly fall back into this bullshit. I can't wait till your banned again and it isn't a matter of if it will happen; Only a matter of when it will happen.

Also who the fuck would buy a rhythm game without the special controller? Fuckin terrible idea. Only people i could think of doing such things are the same fags who buy games they can't understand. Oops, I guess you're the only one to fall into that category.

For your information as well jackass, if you know so much then why is...

Playasia

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Bundle
Back ordered, ships once restocked

This applies to the 360 and Wii versions

Gamestop

Guitar Hero 3 Bundle

every bundle of the game on the site says backorder until 1/2/2008

Best Buy

Guitar Hero 3 bundle

Sold out both online and at stores

Amazon.com

Guitar hero 3 bundle

Sold out and the cheapest version available is 159.99

The list could go on jackass, but i think i've proved my point.

To say that Guitar Hero 3 is not omega popular is you yourself proving that you are the world's biggest hikikomori known to man or your people are far too poor and far too busy fuckin sheep to play videogames. It is one of these two, but i bet it is the former.

Even if the buyer is from Australia and doesn't pay the 9k. It just means the kid will get the videogame which i think he should because noone should be penalized for smokin a little reefer. Here is a quote from the seller himself

Concerning the fate of the auction…

Well, with that being said, I intended to cancel the auction anyways. Even with the above probabilities running through my head, I was/am concerned for my family’s privacy. My son has obviously learned his lesson. This auction has been lots of fun for us. For the last couple of days, as soon as he comes in the house, the first thing he says to me is “what’s new with the auction?”. We have read many of the comments together (please keep this in mind when writing them) and I think he is enjoying this more than you might expect. As I said, my son and I are more like best friends than “Pa’ and Junior”, and this has become just one more thing we have come to enjoy sharing.

So I decided to let him make the decision concerning the fate of the auction. He thinks it would be “stupid” to cancel the auction right now. While I may not completely agree with this, he undeniably has more at stake her than I do. We talked about it over the last couple of days, especially yesterday evening, and came to a conclusion. We figure one of two things will happen.
The auction will finish at an absurdly high price due to uncontrolled bidding, and the high bidder will be a newly registered user who with no intention of paying.. Several bidders seem to have registered just to bid on this auction. I am fully expecting the bidding to skyrocket near the end of the auction. There are nearly 400 people watching the auction. Instead of canceling bids, we have decided on something else. If the seemingly LIKELY situation of a non-paying bidder winning the auction is realized, that will be the end of it. I will not beg or plea someone to pay, nor will I give out second chance offers. My son will get the guitar hero game. Just my assertion of this is almost guaranteeing that this will be the outcome. I can just see all of the “Isaac-apologists” rushing out to get an ebay account right now and putting in a bid of $10 000. Well, go for it if you want. As I mentioned in several comments, my son is a smart cookie.
Less likely. The auction will finish much higher than I had initially anticipated, and the high bidder will actually pay. We have talked about this, and my son (always one to seize an opportunity) has negotiated a plan of what to do with the money. We have struck a deal. It seems that guitar hero 3 is not the only thing he has ever wanted. The money will go to good, fair use, and depending on how much it actually is, I may use some of it in a more philanthropistic context. I made him understand that the money is NOT HIS and it is not a situation of “higher bids = better present for Isaac”.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Iwata; Dec 18, 2007 at 01:58 AM.
Frozen Memories
Mein Donnerkeil

Member 26940

Level 8.46

Dec 2007

Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:59 AM #14 of 17
Well...

I believe paying 9000 dollars for a game is insane, even if the game is sold out EVERYWHERE. I mean, even the most rare out-of-print game from earlier eras don't go for nearly that much. I mean, whoever wants the game THAT badly probably has another game in the series. I'm sure he/she could wait by playing those games to death some MORE for a month or two.

Of course, that bid was probably fake anyway, so, oh well, no problem.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Amusing] Pay 90, get 9010 back. Oh yeah, no game for one kid too.