Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Amusing] Videogame Marriages (lol)

Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:24 PM 1 #1 of 17
Videogame Marriages (lol)

Quote:
Every couple ties the knot in their own special way, but some hardcore gamers make a big show of their passion for fun in front of friends and family. From Halo to Guitar Hero, Mario to WoW, we found some of the best game-themed weddings. Not shown: Video Game Honeymoons, complete with “waggle”.
Videos & Pictures Show Off Video Game Weddings | ripten

Can I get a sanity check on aisle Get a Life.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Zeal; Dec 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM.
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:54 PM #2 of 17
I actually got dragged into one of these once when I was playing FFXI. While I must say the creative staff at Square actually put a lot of thought and effort into the creation of in-game weddings, it's still a f'n MMO wedding. I only 'attended' because it was the person who got me into playing the game in the first place, and was an officer of my Linkshell.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

I have nothing clever to put here.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:59 PM #3 of 17
My two friends actually got married in MapleStory... They spent about $25 just getting the process going and probably another $20 or so inviting guests. I was one of them.

Although the whole process thingy was very nice, it was only about two weeks later both of them stopped playing.

There goes $45. :|

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:02 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 10:02 PM 1 #4 of 17
Good luck getting married anywhere real for $45.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:10 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 09:10 PM #5 of 17
I thought getting married in Vegas was cheap (think about those chapels and such).

And I thought Ragnarok Online had a lot of these.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:13 PM #6 of 17
I guess the only difference between MapleStory and everything else is that stupid graphic that you have to pay for just to tell people you're married.

And the fact they even charge money for it... The wedding graphic isn't even all that nice.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:26 PM 2 #7 of 17
No but that Mario cake looks delicious.

At my wedding I want the achievement unlocked sound effect to play when we kiss. Achievement unlocked, just got married, -1000 gamerscore.

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 07:48 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 05:48 PM #8 of 17
Yeah some of those video game cakes look awesome. I'd love to have the Mario one.

Here's my ideal wedding: I'm dressed up in a tux with a hot bride and all of a sudden cybernetic ninja pirates on hover boards drop in and attack! I take them all out with a grenade and get into an epic duel with the main guy filled will duel wielding guns, slow motion and doves. In the end, my bride and I have sex. The end.

Most amazing jew boots
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:25 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:25 PM #9 of 17
It's not really a video game wedding unless you and your special Player 2 have to jump across platforms and deadly lava/spike pits, while identially colored enemy soldiers/ninjas/robots run in from the right shooting slow moving bullets at you. Then at the end the best man comes down in cyborg armor and flies back and forth in a fixed pattern raining death on the bride and groom until you can hit him in his glowing weak point enough.

After you defeat him... you start the game over again, this time with faster enemies and you also have to find the wedding ring hidden on level 3.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:26 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 08:26 PM #10 of 17
I got married in Ragnarok Online with a funny/great girl... then I realize how stupid those games are and my hatred towards the genre became truly scary.

I miss her...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 09:29 AM #11 of 17
The cakes do look awesome. I would NOT want that at my wedding. I might like that at my birthday or just for fun.

I won't say that it's stupid to get married (for real) by meeting someone/playing video games with them. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I mean, aside from the obvious game-play elements, what is the difference between this and two people meeting online, then in person, and getting married? And if it's through a common interest, and they have seriously gone through the thought process concerning marriage, then good for them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 09:54 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2007, 08:54 AM #12 of 17
The cakes do look awesome. I would NOT want that at my wedding. I might like that at my birthday or just for fun.

I won't say that it's stupid to get married (for real) by meeting someone/playing video games with them. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I mean, aside from the obvious game-play elements, what is the difference between this and two people meeting online, then in person, and getting married? And if it's through a common interest, and they have seriously gone through the thought process concerning marriage, then good for them.
And to be perfectly cynical, it's not like traditional marriages have any better chances of holding together these days.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:14 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2007, 08:14 AM #13 of 17
No but that Mario cake looks delicious.
THE CAKE IS A LIE.

Quote:
At my wedding I want the achievement unlocked sound effect to play when we kiss. Achievement unlocked, just got married, -1000 gamerscore.
Dude, don't forget, you need to press L1 and R1 at the same time when you kiss in order to unlock the secret bonus round.

Spoiler:
Protip: By L1 and R1, I really mean the left one and the right one. Very important to know where these are on your wedding night, k

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fireman Joe
Superhero Extroadinaire

Member 1518

Level 11.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 03:40 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 07:40 PM #14 of 17
Those cakes for birthday yes, wedding no. Game weddings seem silly to me... not sure why you'd bother. =S
One of my best friends made me a Wiimote birthday cake last year, it was pretty sweet.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:13 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 10:13 AM #15 of 17
Dude, don't forget, you need to press L1 and R1 at the same time when you kiss in order to unlock the secret bonus round.

Spoiler:
Protip: By L1 and R1, I really mean the left one and the right one. Very important to know where these are on your wedding night, k
Actually its Nipple Up Up, Down Down, Left Right, Squeeze Right, Squeeze Left, One finger in, two fingers in. You must do this in rapid succession or she won't accept the input.

All hail the Konami Code!

FELIPE NO
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:18 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2007, 11:18 PM #16 of 17
Dont worry, that funeral was no doubt raided and the lulz posted on youtube.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Amusing] Videogame Marriages (lol)