Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Amusing] Official Fake Famicom Thread

slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:32 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 05:32 AM #1 of 13
Official Fake Famicom Thread

Hello Famicom friends at GFF,

I've recently found .... something << Famicom-related >> in my attic:

( click here for a higher resolution )

Todays question:

Quote:
06:11:47 surasshu: what in the hell is that!

06:11:50 slayer25k: hey! it's got 2 A and B buttons!
06:12:03 slayer25k: it's ... Daiteno!
06:12:07 slayer25k: probably
06:13:29 surasshu: haha
06:13:36 surasshu: you totally need to show people on GFF this thing
06:13:39 surasshu: it's hilarious
06:13:55 slayer25k: i know - but hell .. where does it come from?!
Well - it obviously looks like copyright infringement at its best ... it probably is!

What do you think?
Should I post the content of the "a-bit-in-red-paint-tinctured-box" (which differs a bit from the outside appearance)?

Do you have one too?!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

And to every Nana its prey...
Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:02 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 12:02 AM #2 of 13
Wow, they made a Chinese clone of the...Dendy Famicom rip-off.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 02:37 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 09:37 AM #3 of 13
Is it even Chinese? Cause the text on it is definitely Japanese. Nothing about it would make me think that it's Chinese, aside from the obvious ghetto-ness of it.

Anyway, what the hell is it? Does it have its own awesome games, or is it compatible with the NES? These pirate imitation consoles sure are intriguing.

I wonder what plugs it uses, too...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:13 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 09:13 AM #4 of 13
You should rename the thread title to "[Amusing] Official Famicom Clone Thread". Anyway, nice find. I wish I could find stuff like that in my attic.

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:43 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 06:43 PM #5 of 13
Infernal demands you bust that out of its cage and hook it up for action packed action! Does it even have a cartridge slot? The box looks like it's just a slab of blue. Ten thousand years ago when all the cool kids were playing Swords and Serpents, one kid in class got a 'Spiker'.. at least, I think it was called that. Google searching 'Nintendo Spiker' only results in volleyball games. It looked nothing like a NES or Famicom, but it could take official American/PAL cartridges and it had Super Mario Bros. built in. Nothing else!

How ya doing, buddy?
Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:58 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 10:58 AM #6 of 13
Is it even Chinese? Cause the text on it is definitely Japanese. Nothing about it would make me think that it's Chinese, aside from the obvious ghetto-ness of it.
Except the Katakana for "Family Computer", all symbols are actually Chinese, since there are no Hiragana (or previously mentioned Katakana) in the descriptive texts. If it was Japanese, that'd be just a random sequence of nouns, which would make no sense at all.

Meh, it would be nice to know whether that thing had any use at all... e.g. whether it played official releases or just cheap home-made pirate games.
I've seen such pirated consoles numerous times in domestic catalogs; and I think there was something that suspiciously resembled the infamous N64 controller. You just plugged that thing into your TV and it had around 100 built-in games. Lame. Thank god I never bought that crap.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:04 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 07:04 PM #7 of 13
I think there was something that suspiciously resembled the infamous N64 controller. You just plugged that thing into your TV and it had around 100 built-in games. Lame. Thank god I never bought that crap.
I did.

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:10 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 11:10 AM #8 of 13
That's a pair of very short controller cables

Most amazing jew boots

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 05:11 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 06:11 PM #9 of 13
Except the Katakana for "Family Computer", all symbols are actually Chinese, since there are no Hiragana (or previously mentioned Katakana) in the descriptive texts. If it was Japanese, that'd be just a random sequence of nouns, which would make no sense at all.
I did a lookup of those characters and apparently it's the former name of a Chinese company now known as Shenzhen Jeja Electronics Industrial Co. Ltd.

http://www.jeja.cn/

They've come a long way...

Most amazing jew boots
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 06:16 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 06:16 AM #10 of 13
I recently saw this posted somewhere else:

The name and looks might be decieving, but inside that fancy and oh-so-colorful box is in fact a famiclone. Note that this was spotted in Mexico though, so the $299 price tag isn't even worth a tenth of that in US dollars.

The "Powerstation" next to it also looks intruiging, but alas, I have no information on what it could possibly be.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:48 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 02:48 PM #11 of 13
Apparently, 八通 (hachitsû) means "eight pieces" (where "通" is a counter for cables, copies etc.), 電子廠 (denshi shou) means "electronics factory". 大天才 (daitensai) means "great genius" and is the clone's name. But, as Bigblah mentioned, it's more likely that 八通電子廠 is the company's name, meaning that the game itself was released in Japan (this explains the usage of Japanese characters) by a Chinese company.

*PHEW*

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Sword Familiar; Aug 26, 2007 at 09:10 AM.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 09:32 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 04:32 PM #12 of 13
I had one of those. It was red. The upper A and B are turbo buttons.

It worked like a charm and it could even emulate european NES games.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:29 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2007, 12:29 AM #13 of 13
The name and looks might be decieving, but inside that fancy and oh-so-colorful box is in fact a famiclone. Note that this was spotted in Mexico though, so the $299 price tag isn't even worth a tenth of that in US dollars.

The "Powerstation" next to it also looks intruiging, but alas, I have no information on what it could possibly be.
A Famiclone? I was under the impression that South America was all about the Master System and assorted clones. Still, all it takes is a few Mexican moms with only a vague idea what game system their kids are asking for to make this thing profitable.

Despite being hellishly bootleg, the "Family Computer" is probably every bit as functional as an actual NES. Possibly even moreso - bootleg Famicoms tend not to be region locked, and some of them come pre-loaded with bunches of equally bootlegged games. The beauty of the old Famicom is that, being a relatively simple bit of electronics, there's less to screw up.

As for the text, it's entirely possible that it was just really bad Japanese. These are Chinese bootleggers we're talking about, here. Japanese is hardly immune to being horribly mangled by some guy with a Chinese-Japanese dictionary and no working knowledge of the actual language.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Amusing] Official Fake Famicom Thread