Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your favorite asian foods?

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:03 PM #26 of 62
Kalbi. OMG. So awesome.

Ramen is a given - I eat it all the time. Kimbap or Sushi is a given as well.

Bulgogi, Kimchi and Rice. Just give me that and I'm set for dinner. Or better yet, Bibimbap.

I've had Lumpia before. Very very good, though I haven't had it in years.

How ya doing, buddy?
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 06:14 PM #27 of 62
Fave Asian foods: Cheese wontons, sushi, wasabi and obviously, ramen. And I am indeed non-asian and I eat rice religiously.:biggrin:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Internet: for the win!
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 06:37 PM #28 of 62
This question is so broad for me, it's like what's you favorite food PERIOD?

Well last week my Korean friend's mom gave me a giant platter of kimchi and pork, which was so delicious I put it on all foods for 3 straight days before I ran out (pizza, salads, hot dogs and the like). Chinese food I'm currently craving are crab meat shanghai wontons, which are fabulous at this one little store in LA and Taiwanese beef tendon noodle soup. OH, and scallion green onion fried flat biscuit, and cold chicken noodles. Japanese, I love salmon sashimi and Aijisen cha-shu ramen, that shit is orgasmic.

I'm hungry now. I think I'll get some beef Vietnamese pho.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:46 PM #29 of 62
Originally Posted by Demon Arashi
Fave Asian foods: Cheese wontons, sushi, wasabi and obviously, ramen. And I am indeed non-asian and I eat rice religiously.:biggrin:
And also, I've been eating General Tso's chicken like it's going out of style...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Internet: for the win!
sleipner
Rival

Member 2539

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:55 PM #30 of 62
For me....Filipino foods all the way...nothing else can compare (But that's because I'm biased)

Sinigang and Adobo...WITH LOTS OF RICE. Ma sarap! hahah

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Melee
Good Chocobo

Member 1586

Level 16.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 02:46 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 09:46 PM #31 of 62
Oh Asia Mix are very well! *yum*

FELIPE NO
I'm so sorry for my english! :/
Lurker
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9475

Level 1.60

Jul 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:42 PM #32 of 62
Since "Asian" is a pretty wide category, I'll break it into smaller parts:
- INDONESIAN: Nasi Timbel

- INDIAN: Poori

- JAPANESE: A bit hard to choose ... but I'll stick with Tenzaru Soba (cold soba with ebi tempura)

- KOREAN: BULGOGI

- CHINESE: Another difficult one to choose. I'll stick with Ma Po Tofu and Xiao Long Bao

... this is making me hungry ...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 06:18 PM #33 of 62
I love tempura shrimp and fried vegitables . Granted they're probably the least helthy choice of all but I still can't get enough of them. Also, I love won ton soup iof it's made properly. I can't say exactly for sure what's the "right way" but I ve had won ton's from a couple places and they tasted terrible.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Baaah~
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:10 PM #34 of 62
Oh so many choices....

Filipino
---
sinigang- it's all about the broth, screw that up and it sucks
adobo- mmm beef
palabok - noodles are always tasty for me, I only like certain peoples' preparations since the supplementary ingredients vary from person to person
Chippy - brand of chips, but infinitely more addicting than Lays or any other NA brand by far

Chinese
---
Orange Beef - all about the sauce which gives it that faux trademark "orange" taste. Orange Chicken is just as delicious for me.

Japanese
---
I would say sushi too, but I don't mind it. It's not something I actively want to eat, but I enjoy eating it when possible. Just not filling enough for me to fall under my favourite asian food.

As a side note, I dislike Pad Thai because I'm not too keen on peanuts+noodles.

How ya doing, buddy?
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:55 PM #35 of 62
I didn't start eating at Asian resturants until I was 18, but I do consider Sesame Seed Chicken with a side of rice to be my favorite Asian dish. Sweet-N-Sour Chicken comes in at a close second. Oddly enough, none of the Asian restaurants I have attended had sushi.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 11:09 PM #36 of 62
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
Vietnamese:: Well, this is really generic, but I really like Pho beef noodle soup. So good!
Damn straight it's good! It works the most amazing miracles for hangovers too.

As for other Asian foods, I really like sushi. Tuna is my favorite, although around here the only good sushi place is astromically expensive. As for Chinese food I've always been a big fan of the orange chicken and egg rolls.

Goddamnit I'm really hungry now. :/

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 01:45 AM #37 of 62
Originally Posted by Encephalon
Tuna is my favorite, although around here the only good sushi place is astromically expensive. As for Chinese food I've always been a big fan of the orange chicken and egg rolls.
There are sushi restaurants that aren't astronomically expensive?

I'm adding that I loooooove Japanese candy, especially Meiji's 'Gummy Choco' and Blueberry marshmallows. I just got back from an asian grocery-store binge, and I've eaten way more sugar than I'm supposed to consume in the span of 5 hours .

BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:07 AM #38 of 62
lol...I'm suprised to see no: "Chicken Balls! Spring Rolls!" jks
Japan: Udon
Chinese: "Yuk Bang" (Meat pie in literal translation, kinda like chinese meat loaf, homestyle dish), Salted duck egg, soy sauce...but most of all chinese white rice!

Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:12 AM #39 of 62
Ramen. I'm a lazy cook when it comes to myself. It's quick, easy, and relatively tasty for what's essentially water, noddles, and powder.

FELIPE NO
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:29 AM #40 of 62
Originally Posted by Vampiro
Ramen. I'm a lazy cook when it comes to myself. It's quick, easy, and relatively tasty for what's essentially water, noddles, and powder.
If you ever go to Hong Kong, well I guess any oriental country, try fresh ramen...its really good. Like the stuff they stretch right in front of you from raw dough.

Most amazing jew boots
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:32 AM #41 of 62
Originally Posted by BlueEdge
If you ever go to Hong Kong, well I guess any oriental country, try fresh ramen...its really good. Like the stuff they stretch right in front of you from raw dough.

I actually have, and it's rather not so surprising how much better it tastes. But eh, it's either going to my stove or drive over an hour away to the only restaurant I know of that serves it... and well, it just doesn't taste THAT good.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 01:41 AM #42 of 62
I just recently found out sushi (well I knew it existed and what it was but never tasted it before)

and now I'm in love with this XD there's a sushi restaurant like 3 street away of my house god it's so good, I would eat that everyday XD

the other asian food I like is the general tao chicken, the aunt of my firend does a so good general tao chiken (yep she's asian XD) I'm not sur if it's chinese I think I read it's Vietnamese food

there's one think I see often in anime or asian show, is that big white donut like thing (well it look like a donot without hole XD) I think it look good but I have no idea what it is XD

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 04:16 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 09:16 PM #43 of 62
Mee goreng rojak from Melaka Malaysia. Spicy, tasty, cheap, lots, omg!

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 04:54 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 04:54 PM #44 of 62
Originally Posted by Demon Arashi
Oh god, wasabi? seriously, it's one of japanese food I always avoid. The taste could make me shout @#%@$#!! @_@;

Rice = <3
If you love rice, you must eat indonesian nasi goreng (fried rice). Here I'm staying in country which blessed with wide variety of exotic local cuisines.

You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 06:59 AM #45 of 62
Sadly, ive not eaten any asian foods except japanese and chinese. but my favories are:
Wonton soup, sushi, orange chicken, udon, yaki soba, and white rice! (not in that order)
and wasabi makes me cry. not really.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:55 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 03:55 PM #46 of 62
Japanese stuff: Miso soup, plain salmon sashimi, california rolls, chicken teriaki, anything with wasabi... Hell, most sushi out there
Thai stuff: Pad Thai, anything with duck
Chinese stuff: Spring rolls, wonton soup, anything with duck

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 01:18 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 01:18 PM #47 of 62
I'm a bit surprised nobody mentioned kim-chi. I love fresh Korean kim-chi, smothered in hot sauce. When it comes to Siam cooking, I love tom yum soup. I'm allergic to onions and hot peppers, so I break out in to hives everytime I have a bowl, but it makes me feel super happy, like I just smoked a dubie. I'm really not a big fan of fish, but I do like fatty tuna once in a while too.

FELIPE NO
electric_eye
PIMPLE

Member 7372

Level 18.98

May 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:19 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 08:19 PM #48 of 62
Kung Po chicken counts doesn't it? I like that. There's a chow mein dish that I like it's simple with a veg I'm not sure what though.

Tried some Japanese beef curry or something like that, the beef was bacon-like, twas nice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 02:08 PM #49 of 62
Originally Posted by Vampiro
I actually have, and it's rather not so surprising how much better it tastes. But eh, it's either going to my stove or drive over an hour away to the only restaurant I know of that serves it... and well, it just doesn't taste THAT good.
lol if you're in ontario, move to Markham or Mississauga, plently of chinese places (though the noodles are adequate, Markham's much better)

I hear Richmond is good in BC.

Kotone
The Magna Carta

Member 10214

Level 7.83

Jul 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:56 PM #50 of 62
There are so many Asian foods that I like, but to name a few...
I really enjoy chicken and rice curry, especially the kind my mom makes. I also love ramen, mostly the chicken flavored kind, but I also like the shrimp flavored. Anything with teriyaki on it is good (within reason, of course). Wonton soup is nice, as well as chicken or beef dumplings.
And, of course, we have the Asian snack foods, which I love (i.e. pocky, hi-chew, yan-yan, etc.).

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Your favorite asian foods?