Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[] Eminence Symphony's Project Promise: 10 Years of Makoto Shinkai and Tenmon

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:47 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 12:47 PM #1 of 4
Eminence Symphony's Project Promise: 10 Years of Makoto Shinkai and Tenmon

I just wanted to give people here who weren't aware of it a heads up: Eminence is working on Project Promise which aims to arrange some of the better known pieces from Makoto Shinkai's works ranging from Beyond the Clouds and 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Tracklist copied from here: http://xcomprandomness.co.uk/2009/10...hestral-album/

1. One More Chance, One More Time (Instrumental)
2. Omoide wa Tooku no Hibi [Memories are Distant Days]
3. Kanae no Kimochi [Kanae's Feelings]
4. The Place Promised in Our Early Days Theme
5. Futari no Keikaku / Kibou to Akogare [Their Plan / Hope and Aspiration]
6. Sayuri
7. The Place Promised in Our Early Days Theme (Piano Version)
8. Futari no Kattou [Their Differences]
9. Kimi no Koe (Instrumental) [Your Voice]
10. Through the Years and Far Away
11. Mikako kara no Tayori [News from Mikako]
12. She and Her Cat Theme
13. Bonus Track – She and Her Cat Theme (Piano Version)

Fans of Tenmon's work should get a decent amount of mileage out of this. I know I'll be looking forwards to it.

Most amazing jew boots
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:02 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 09:02 PM #2 of 4
Very interesting news, but I'd have to listen to a sample or something before I can get excited about it. Tenmon's work in Shinkai's films were more on the simplistic side, so I dunno how well they'll make the transition to an orchestrated piece.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:48 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2009, 09:48 PM #3 of 4
I think the big question, at least for me, is the length of the arrangements. Most of the original tracks clocked around 2 minutes, so it'd be nice if they were somehow able to stretch it out to maybe ~4 minutes without making it boring.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
-=SeRaPH=-
I am Fluffy

Member 11403

Level 8.89

Aug 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:18 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2009, 12:18 AM #4 of 4
Most tracks are over 3 minutes, with only one track at 2:45.

Although we had to name the album to "performed by Eminence Symphony Orchestra", more of our ensemble unit is featured in this album.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [] Eminence Symphony's Project Promise: 10 Years of Makoto Shinkai and Tenmon