Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your cellphone?

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:56 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2010, 12:56 PM #1 of 48
Your cellphone?

Well, if this had already been made some time ago, feel free to burn it in hell close it, mod.

Apparently, people out there use various types of cellphone instead of several (unlike my country, where people persist on Nokia AND Blackberry ). Oh well. So what's yours?

Mine's a Sony Ericksson type T650. Kind of fashion cellphone , but I like it

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 02:16 AM #2 of 48
I recently change my cellphone and I got a Sony Ericsson w705.

I got this one mainly because I was tired of using my psp as an mp3 player and now I have more space on my psp for games

and Yeah I really like the style of this phone too which was a plus

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 02:41 AM #3 of 48
I got a Samsung Glyde.

I hate it, to be honest, but I got one more month with this thing and then I could upgrade to something better.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 03:26 AM 1 #4 of 48
I've got an iphone. It's pretty sweet so far.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 03:53 AM 4 #5 of 48
Fuck you guys and your little bullshit girly phones.

Motorola i580. Big, thick, rubberized. I can drop it off a house, run it over with my car, throw a hail mary with it and have the person I'm throwing to miss the catch, and it'll keep ticking like nothing happened. This is a good thing because I have a tendency to do all of the above.

Only thing you can't do is wash it. Okay, you can, it just won't quite work like it used to. It'll still work though! It's even got one of those fancy camera things, but I'm too busy throwing the fucking thing everywhere to bother using it.

E:
YouTube Video

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Jan 2, 2010 at 03:56 AM.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:03 AM #6 of 48
I currently have the LG Rumour2:

Except I have the orange model, instead of the silver. It's pretty nice. Way better than the crappy thing I had before.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:26 AM #7 of 48

Only got the Razzle cause they didn't have the one I was looking for instock and I needed to get rid of that piece of shit Blackberry I had right then. I'll probably get a new one over the next few months, but I do have to say it's a little nifty phone. Keypad turns so I don't ass-dial people and get yelled at for calling people at work.

FELIPE NO

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:35 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2010, 04:35 AM #8 of 48

I've had the Helio [Samsung] Heat for going on three years now; my mom was sick of all the major carriers (Sprint/AT&T/Verizon) so she wanted to go with Helio, what was a little Korean-US fusion company -- which has now been absorbed by Virgin Mobile. This was their simplest phone, which was still pretty complicated for my mom thanks to the touchscreen-like control buttons >_<.

I've been trying to switch companies for half a year (and upgrade my phone in the process) except my mom wants to stay on a family plan and is chicken to change companies. And her phone hasn't been dropped 500 times... unlike mine. But it's still truckin'!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2010, 05:20 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2010, 12:20 PM #9 of 48

I've got the w910i, black one obviously, because at the time it was the smallest phone I could find with a 320x240 resolution display, and I needed that for the best version of Doom RPG.

Yes. I bought a new phone because of Doom RPG.

Turns out it's a Walkman phone with 1 GB free from the get go. Never thought I'd use the feature, but now I always carry my newest music around with me.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2010, 05:57 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2010, 03:57 AM 1 #10 of 48
I have two phones, actually. I have a white BlackBerry Pearl that's my every day phone.

It used to be black but after opening to many beer bottles and dropping it a few times, the case finally fell apart and I ordered a replacement housing on eBay that would match all my gadgets. Shit's a tank, man. I arrange my appointments, listen to music, check my email and, wouldn't you know it, I open beer bottles with it too. It has never broken down, crashed or dropped a call on me. Basically, it's been more reliable than my last 4 exes combined.

My other phone which is the one I used before my very first iPhone (which I hated) is an AT&T HTC 8125.

It's not a bad phone or anything but I just keep it mostly as a backup phone and I was using it for my school line for a while. However, recently I lent it to one of my coworkers because the mic in her Tilt fried and couldn't talk to anyone so I figured she could use this instead of having to settle for some chickenshit throwaway phone. This was a great phone up until the battery bloated and bricked it. I had to flash the phone, reinstall Windows Mobile onto it and buy a new battery for it but it works again. It's also a gargantuan brick that's a far cry from my little BlackBerry.

What I want to get when I renew my contract is the BlackBerry Bold 9700.

That's a sexy bitch, right there. Plus, I like how they removed the trackball and just put in a touch sensor. It's so much faster than my Pearl too. I'll probably get it within the next couple of months.

Additional Spam:
Fuck you guys and your little bullshit girly phones.

Motorola i580. Big, thick, rubberized. I can drop it off a house, run it over with my car, throw a hail mary with it and have the person I'm throwing to miss the catch, and it'll keep ticking like nothing happened. This is a good thing because I have a tendency to do all of the above.
HAHA! My cousin has that same phone and he actually popped me with it when we got in a drunken argument over losing in Street Fighter this summer. He threw it at my head and clocked me right behind the ear, the miserable fuck. He then picked up the phone, called his brother for a ride to pick him and then he went home. My head took more damage than that phone ever did.

Last edited by Paco; Jan 3, 2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:31 AM 2 #11 of 48
I also have an iPhone 3G

I bought it because my status as a yuppie white person with no taste in anything wasn't 100% formed yet. I wanted to make sure everyone knew that I only buy things because they are cool, not because they are functional or practical for my lifestyle. I put no thought into buying this phone, because as a fan of Apple products, my brain is automatically wired to purchase Apple products without a moment's hesitation, despite the fact that all Apple products are stupid and/or for fags.

I am very pleased with the phone. The apps are a huge plus, and I'm always impressed by the seamless interoperability between playing music and taking/making phone calls. This, however, could be a reactionary move brought upon by my blind lust for all that Steve Jobs (my hero) does. One could attribute all of my positive feelings towards the iPhone a mere byproduct of my virulent strain of hipsterfagdom, a common disease for Mac users to carry.

I would only recommend buying this phone if you're a dumb stupid fag like me.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:39 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2010, 05:39 PM #12 of 48

The LG Cookie. It's a nice enough phone and I got it on an extremely cheap contract, so it's in my care for 24 months. It was chosen mostly because I got a hueg memory card with it, so it could replace my endless stream of cheap mp3 players that tended to break just after the warranty ran out.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:41 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2010, 05:41 PM #13 of 48
Add me to the stupid-babies-who-only-own-Apple-hardware-because-it's-shiny-and-in-no-way-technologically-impressive-and-highly-useful crowd.

God I hate my iPhone 3G. It's not a nice piece of kit at all. I only own one so I can show it off at Starbucks (and use it to store the entire Coldplay discography). Here's hoping a new model comes out in the summer colours; I'd hate to be unfashionable.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Jan 4, 2010, 02:42 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2010, 02:42 PM #14 of 48
I would only recommend buying this phone if you're a dumb stupid fag like me.
Really? I think it's quite sweet. My friend got one and I think it's a very practical cellphone with lots of useful features. I always love Apple and if I could afford it, I would purchase it at the first place.

Though I hate touch screens for some reasons...

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:44 AM #15 of 48

I got mine cheap cause it was the last of the 8GB ones. I was on AT&T anyway, so meh. Why not.

I basically just use it for the music... cause carrying a Zen around with me wasn't going to happen.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:03 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2010, 04:03 PM #16 of 48
I currently have a Nokia N97.

(That's not my one by the way)

It's a pretty awesome phone. The active home screen is a joy to use and the RSS feed viewer in particular is a top thing to have on the home screen. I have the three active slots set for Facebook, an RSS feed of Edge Online and a weather website, although I change the third one every week or so.

As you'd expect from a company that's been making web-enabled phones for at least ten years now, browsing is a joy and actually, for just looking things up it works quicker than my laptop. I've not really put much of a dent in the 8gb storage it has as I carry an ipod for music and photos just aren't that big, although the camera is pretty decent. The touch screen is the first I've used that I like and although when I got it I thought I'd mainly be using the full qwerty keyboard for messaging, the touchscreen keyboard is so easy to use I rarely use the flip now.

The email integration is rubbish compared to a Blackberry but it's ok for casual use but overall, you can't really beat Nokias for ease of use and functionality. The only thing I don't like about it is the battery life is a bit poor, it needs charging every three days or so plus if you put it in your pocket, even locked it flashes up a message to unlock it every time something touches the screen which runs the battery down even faster. A small gripe though on an otherwise top phone. I honestly don't believe there is a better phone currently available.

Most amazing jew boots
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Jan 4, 2010, 01:33 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2010, 07:33 PM #17 of 48
I've got a crappy little Samsung brick that I can't really be bothered looking up the model number for. But it works fine for what I need it for which is exclusively calling people and texting.

My whole family has migrated to iPhones now but I guess I never saw the point of having, essentially, a laptop in one's phone unless you're doing a fair amount of business or travel.

Most amazing jew boots
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2010, 02:46 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2010, 09:46 PM #18 of 48
I have two phones, actually. I have a white BlackBerry Pearl that's my every day phone.

It used to be black but after opening to many beer bottles and dropping it a few times, the case finally fell apart and I ordered a replacement housing on eBay that would match all my gadgets. Shit's a tank, man. I arrange my appointments, listen to music, check my email and, wouldn't you know it, I open beer bottles with it too. It has never broken down, crashed or dropped a call on me. Basically, it's been more reliable than my last 4 exes combined.
A lady's blackberry .

Anyway, the girlfriend got me a blackberry curve when a couple of months ago, because she thought it would fit with my snobby business student attitude . I took me some time getting used to the keyboard because I'm more familiar with the touch screen typing of an Ipod touch, but I love it. Mailing is excellent, and the messenger service is just what you need during a boring class (15 people in our class have a blackberry, so we tend to lose focus quite often). The bold looks great, but I've heard some complaints about the touch sensor, so I'm glad that Ilse got me this one.

Last edited by Peter; Jan 4, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:15 PM #19 of 48
I currently have a Nokia N97.

Why do I hear Final Fantasy battle music in my head looking at the screen of that phone in that picture. Seriously it's like a FF7 theme setting or something. WHich is kind of cool I guess. Sorta wanted a phone like that but all they had at verizon was a floor model. :\

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:52 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2010, 01:52 PM #20 of 48
Ha ha, I actually have the FFVII victory theme as the ringtone for a couple of my mates.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:26 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2010, 05:26 PM #21 of 48
A lady's blackberry .
Maybe in your grog-swilling post-op country. Here in Gringoland, bitches don't own BlackBerrys because "its 2 complicatd". iPhone is the way to go for tech-illiterate bitches. (sup sprout)

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:49 PM #22 of 48
Maybe in your grog-swilling post-op country. Here in Gringoland, bitches don't own BlackBerrys because "its 2 complicatd". iPhone is the way to go for tech-illiterate bitches. (sup sprout)
I actually see women carrying nothing but Blackberries here on the east coast, even the stupid ones.

yvangkwheng
Wark!

Member 35096

Level 1.00

Jan 2010

Old Jan 6, 2010, 02:45 AM #23 of 48
oodles of cool phones. im currently using a classical phone, nokia 3110c. lolz... sounds im a lil bit outdated

FELIPE NO
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 04:08 AM #24 of 48
I have a Motorola DROID.

It's Android, so it has all of the features of the iPhone with none of the fit and finish or usability, but with more customizability and the dork cred that open source provides.

It's basically a phone for people who want to have thousands of useless little features on their cell phone but won't be caught dead outside with an Apple product.

(But I love the damn thing with all my heart!)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:22 AM #25 of 48
I have a Motorola DROID.

It's Android, so it has all of the features of the iPhone with none of the fit and finish or usability, but with more customizability and the dork cred that open source provides.

It's basically a phone for people who want to have thousands of useless little features on their cell phone but won't be caught dead outside with an Apple product.

(But I love the damn thing with all my heart!)
So I'm due for an upgrade in the next month. Should I even consider this phone at all?

I'm curious as to see if this phone has any outstanding problems as of yet.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Your cellphone?