Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Youngest Sex Change in History of History. How a Tim...Became a Kim

RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:50 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 01:50 AM #1 of 49
Youngest Sex Change in History of History. How a Tim...Became a Kim

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248196,00.html

Shocking, what do you think?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:55 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 10:55 PM #2 of 49
I'd like to know why s/he gets to just skip two years.

How ya doing, buddy?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:59 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 12:59 AM #3 of 49
Wow, that's...wow. I guess if the parents are okay with it and if it was a 'clear-cut case' as determined by psychiatric professionals, that's fine. Just seems pretty weird to me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:14 AM #4 of 49
Quote:
Denial of reality is not a physical malady, it is a psychological one. This is a travesty of the grandest sort. I've begun to think the entire world has gone insane.

- Dave Thomas, Portland, Maine, US
Am I the only one who thinks this is an oasis of intelligence in a desert of self-indulgence induced stupidity?

Most amazing jew boots

Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:34 AM #5 of 49
I think that's how long the process took.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:46 AM #6 of 49
I don't believe that any 12 or 14 year old could be that sure about their sexuality. I would question a decision like that even if the child were 18 or 19.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:33 PM #7 of 49
I'm tempted to make a Sir VG joke here, but instead I'll just go with Alice. Shit, I doubt anyone really knows who they are at age 20, let alone 12.

FELIPE NO
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:58 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 01:58 PM #8 of 49
Quote:
Psychiatrists treating her say she was an ‘exceptional case – a person clearly in the wrong body’, even though the decision to grant her wishes when she was so young is still the subject of intense debate.
That in itself is exceptional about this case. From what I understand, most of these cases are treated as mental illness, and the treatment is done by the same token.

It makes me wonder by what criteria they're judging her to be different.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:04 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 02:04 PM #9 of 49
I think that if he/she feels he is a girl, then so be it. Especially when the confidence of the child is strong for such a long time. This would probably give Kim more confidence in the future and not break her spirit.

Western Society has always tried to clear cut gender. If it isn't one, it has to be the other... and I guess one of the ways they can do that is through stuff like this.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:15 PM #10 of 49
No no no. At 12 was when he first convinced his parents to make him a her. Now she's 14 - so it's been 2 years since the start of her/his change (hormone injections and whatnot).

How ya doing, buddy?
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:40 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 12:40 PM #11 of 49
I'm trying to figure out how the fuck he/she went from 12 to 14 so fast.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 03:27 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 09:27 PM #12 of 49
I don't believe that any 12 or 14 year old could be that sure about their sexuality. I would question a decision like that even if the child were 18 or 19.
I'd agree entirely with what you wrote, except that this isn't about sexuality. It's about gender. If it were about sexuality, then it would be much easier for this individual to make the change.

Let me put it to you like this. You are very much a mother. It's such an intrinsic part of you that it's hard to imagine what you'd be like without the maternal side. That's a feminine quality, of course. So wouldn't you accept that there's such a thing as masculine and feminine personalities.

Now what if you're the wrong one to match your body? I think it might be much more clear (to you at least) if you feel as though you're a girl in a boy's body at age 14. I'd agree that few people are certain of their sexuality at such an early age, but Kim still has free choice of sexuality. She seems to be hetero right now. She could easily switch.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Soluzar; Feb 7, 2007 at 03:29 PM.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 05:32 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 02:32 PM #13 of 49
Well maybe it's better for her to change at a younger age. At least she'll be able to adapt fully before she becomes an adult.

Dance party!
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 06:44 PM #14 of 49
I just finished studying transgender in my Gender class... we read a book called She's not There by Jennifer (formally James) Boylan. Great book. (S)he realized that (s)he was a woman at an even younger age (around... 6?), but didnt get the sex change until her 40s.

Anyways, this is not really different from hermaphrodites... most parents dont choose the gender of the child at birth, the doctors recommend they wait until age 13 or so, and then the child chooses for themselves. Gender isnt all horomones... it's a forced thing in society today. Girls are looked at to play with dolls and are considered tomboys if they play lots of sports or don't mind getting down and dirty. Not a bad thing by society's standard. Boys, on the other hand, are told to be tough, play sports and get into trouble, but looked at as 'sissies' if they play with dolls. Automatically, we're seeing being masculine as a better thing than being feminine. So if the boy honestly felt he was a girl (which is totally possible at that age), why face the cruelities of being looked at as a wimp/sissy or going through school being considered a 'freak' or being called a 'fag', when he can become what he naturally feels?

After the insight this one book has provided me, I totally think this is reasonable.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:10 PM #15 of 49
I thought that sexual identity could sometimes develop differently than one's physical sex. As in, while in the uterus. I also thought that the ability of pyschologists to "treat" misaligned gender identities was so pathetic that the moral question was raised that if you couldn't make the mind match the body, shouldn't you at least match the body to the mind? I suppose the underlying argument is that the duty of health-care is to quality of life.

Most amazing jew boots
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:20 PM 1 #16 of 49
I thought that sexual identity could sometimes develop differently than one's physical sex. As in, while in the uterus.
Ya, I was taught something along those lines in my Neuroendocrinology class at McGill. Well, it's theorized at least.

I'd like to know what causes homosexuals/bisexuals. It's probably something genetic or in-utero hormone related.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:26 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 06:26 PM #17 of 49
I don't think it's really a matter of sexuality as it is gender. I met a guy who was born as a girl, but was undergoing gender reassignment to become a male. Yet sexually, he's still attracted to males. Basically he argued that he was a gay man trapped in a girl's body. It sounds totally ridiculous, but maybe he thought that he could hook up with cuter guys as a gay guy instead of a girl.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:27 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 07:27 PM #18 of 49
Quote:
Kim has no boyfriends at present but her parents say she is interested in what, now, is the opposite sex.
NO BOYFRIENDS WONDER WHY >_> Guh. This whole procedure grosses me out. So I'm confused. Kim likes boys? Is that what it's saying? After undergoing a sex change operation, I refer to the person as their previous gender. Or "it" depending upon how poorly it went =p Bigoted? Yes. But this whole thing disgusts me.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 09:34 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 09:34 PM #19 of 49
Let me put it to you like this. You are very much a mother. It's such an intrinsic part of you that it's hard to imagine what you'd be like without the maternal side. That's a feminine quality, of course. So wouldn't you accept that there's such a thing as masculine and feminine personalities.
There's an interesting side to this argument that I hadn't considered until now. Most modern feminists would open a dialogue by trying to dissuade you of the notion that there is an internal, intrinsic quality of motherhood in any woman.

It makes me question whether this child is considering her options in the same way you do. (Ergo, I feel sentimental or maternal in some way, therefore I must be a girl.)

And that just brings me back to the psychiatrists she saw and their "grading criteria," so to speak.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:25 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 09:25 PM #20 of 49
Well maybe it's better for her to change at a younger age. At least she'll be able to adapt fully before she becomes an adult.
Then wish s/he had never chopped off h/her/is dick?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:38 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 03:38 PM #21 of 49
A little disturbing. I agree with Alice that a person that young is mentally capable of making such a drastic decision. The parent's must be a bit weirded out, for sure. I think that 21+ is the age to even begin considering about sex-change.

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:03 AM #22 of 49
Now that I have more time to think about this...

Children learn behavior by imitation. Especially 2-year-olds.
To say that someone is born to think like a woman or a man, especially in the early stages of life, is patently absurd. Females aren't born to like Barbie or dress-up. Nor are men born to like sports and math(or whatever are the popular stereotypes). Especially at such an early age. Many of the very things which identify men and women as they are, in our world, are due to social development which characterizes either gender this way. However, kids have no conception of this, and so they may very likely just dabble in the activities that they are exposed to the most.

The fact that this boy's parents were so negligent as to let him get away with thinking that he was meant to be a girl, rather than directly addressing him with the reality of who he is, when they had a chance, is practically abuse.
Now, unfortunately, irreparable damage has probably been done to him, and perhaps the only option that will grant him any emotional satisfaction is self-mutilation.

Just wait for the artificial-hormone induced cancer to kick in. >_>

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by packrat; Feb 8, 2007 at 01:08 AM.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 08:17 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 02:17 PM #23 of 49
There's an interesting side to this argument that I hadn't considered until now. Most modern feminists would open a dialogue by trying to dissuade you of the notion that there is an internal, intrinsic quality of motherhood in any woman.
Possibly. I might respond to them by saying that I don't believe it affects the way that said woman should be treated, or the other things that she's capable of.

Quote:
It makes me question whether this child is considering her options in the same way you do. (Ergo, I feel sentimental or maternal in some way, therefore I must be a girl.)
I'd have to at least suggest that it's been my observation that paternal feelings are normally a different (if similar) expression of parental love. I don't discount the notion that men can be sentimental, but I do believe they do so in a different way than women.

FELIPE NO
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 08:47 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 11:47 PM 1 #24 of 49
I used to think Polly Pocket toys were kinda cool as a kid. I mean the whole fold up clamshell design of the house with the tiny little hot tubs, so cute, you could put one leg of a GI Joe in there then close it to cause a medical emergency. They had the boys version, the Mighty Max command center things, but a shitty fold up clam cave is no match for a clam house. You can't fold a fucking cave, what is this. And the hot tub was replaced with a kung fu gun rack training area or something.

It was a sign. For sure. I should have had a sex change right there and then. Infernal Monkey into Infernal Gertrude McDress Face.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 08:55 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 02:55 PM #25 of 49
The real question is not whether you liked "girly things" but whether or not that made you feel like a girl. Did you feel closer kinship to other girls than to boys? Did you desire to occupy what society designates as female gender roles?

I'm guessing not.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Youngest Sex Change in History of History. How a Tim...Became a Kim