Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your Study Space

munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:06 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:06 PM #26 of 41
My computer is in my mum and dads room. I've got the problem of not being able to pull an all nighter on essays because they simply won't let me use the computer while their asleep, they also go to bed around 10 so it's not like I'd even have a chance. The workspace round the pc is so small and full of my dads printouts and crap, I've got no space to put down my books or anything. and if I leave something in there then all hell breaks loose because I've messed up the workspace lol. When it comes to reading I have to do it on my bedroom floor cos theres no surface in the house where i can go and pull up a chair and sit and read at. It sucks. I find it easier to study at college but this year for my january exams i did it at home, my results which I'm getting tomorrow will probably reflect the shoddiness of my study area.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:13 PM #27 of 41
Unfortunately, I can only study in my main room, which is a desk surrounded by shelves of games and memorabillia as well as my TV. So I'm always screwed to procrastinate and play.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:15 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 10:15 PM #28 of 41
Rocca: I know that one

I hate how I always have my computer on when doing homework in form of normal papers/books with pencils. I always do my "just one visit at Gamingforce" and such, but it turns out as more than one visit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:09 PM #29 of 41
Am I the only one annoyed at this "study space" crap?
I need a flat, clean desk suface, a writing stick, paper and books and everything else can be as variable as it pleases. I can study with or without music, and I've found I perform a lot better if either lots of people are talking around me, or if I'm alone and I talk to myself through the problem.

I was speaking idiomatically.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:30 PM #30 of 41
I find that I can't study around a peaceful area. There has to be something in the background like the TV so I used to study in between commericals. Since I don't watch much TV anymore, I usually head to the school library or a book cafe with a friend who is studying the same subject. It's so much better when you have someone accompanying you to work out whatever you don't understand together.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Qube
Banninated

Member 23

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:08 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 05:08 PM #31 of 41
Back in the day, when I bothered to bring my work home to do, or bothered to study, it was generally in my room, lounging on my bed or something. I did better when I did lots of my homework on the computer, and at the time I didn't have internet, so not a whole lot of distractions there.

In college, the year I was there at least, I had a laptop, and basically could work wherever I needed to or wanted to. Basically I can work with a very dynamic workspace, but plenty of tablespace always made things a bit easier to manage.

FELIPE NO
Hatred on the fact that I lost my old sig, maybe I'll get it back someday. Or not!
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:00 AM #32 of 41
Originally Posted by munchkin13
My computer is in my mum and dads room. I've got the problem of not being able to pull an all nighter on essays because they simply won't let me use the computer while their asleep, they also go to bed around 10 so it's not like I'd even have a chance. The workspace round the pc is so small and full of my dads printouts and crap, I've got no space to put down my books or anything. and if I leave something in there then all hell breaks loose because I've messed up the workspace lol. When it comes to reading I have to do it on my bedroom floor cos theres no surface in the house where i can go and pull up a chair and sit and read at. It sucks. I find it easier to study at college but this year for my january exams i did it at home, my results which I'm getting tomorrow will probably reflect the shoddiness of my study area.
I feel ya. Sounds a lot like my situation, except my parents don't mind me pulling all-nighters writing essays in their room. They're always very encouraging: "Oh you do what you gotta do. Don't worry about it. Schoolwork comes first."

But considering how cramped and uncomfortable, and how little desk space I got, it's no wonder my productivity has plunged over the years.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
TheRiceCooker
Fiat iustitia ruat coelum

Member 1772

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 04:41 PM #33 of 41
Well true, the computer has always been in an environment thats subject to being watched over, my computer being located in the living room. But hey when it comes to reading over the old textbook, I just shut myself in the room, but with no desk. I have to sit on the bed, crouched over, with a light in the corner. Yeah it's easy to fall asleep but hey, I manage!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:07 AM #34 of 41
Study space? Does not exist.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
schneider
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2900

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 04:13 AM #35 of 41
haha lol
well think about it -.-" if it were any large semi-like mine there are so many distractions 0_o i find it hard to concentrate so i study outside on a good day =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
iokcs
Deity Debunker

Member 2977

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:12 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 02:12 AM #36 of 41
im lucky i live with 1 other person and have my whole room to myself... study is quite easy... well now it is... but i dont like studying at home, i get too distracted with tv... computer... etc... instead i prefer to go to a cafe... like The living Room or Rebecca's <.<;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

quest2368
Hitman

Member 2540

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 12:19 AM #37 of 41
Timberwolf - Perhaps you can move the computer to another location in the house? I can't focus at home until late at night when everyone's asleep. If I need to, I would stay at the University and study. I don't mind studying with or without the computer next to me. Music can be a distraction sometimes, but it depends what i'm studying on.

Most amazing jew boots
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:06 AM #38 of 41
Originally Posted by quest2368
Timberwolf - Perhaps you can move the computer to another location in the house?
Unfortunately, that is not an option at this time, given our cramped living condition. It's a two-bedroom apartment, with stuff all over the place.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yunnie
Mizzou Tiger

Member 728

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 01:20 AM #39 of 41
If I'm studying at home during night time, then I'll have to either shutting down my computer or just not logged on to either messengers.
But I usually try to study in student center while I'm still at school during the day. Usually sitting in the coffee shop area for at least 3-4 hours unless I feel like bored outta my mind.

FELIPE NO
quest2368
Hitman

Member 2540

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:07 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 11:07 AM #40 of 41
Timberwolf- Situations are tough for u at the moment. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll get better once you graduate. Do you study at the library or at school sometimes? Would it help to do it at school?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:49 AM #41 of 41
Originally Posted by quest2368
Timberwolf- Situations are tough for u at the moment. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll get better once you graduate. Do you study at the library or at school sometimes? Would it help to do it at school?
Thanks quest2368, I'm okay. I've gotten used to it. It's only just recently I realized how lame my set-up is. Sometimes I just need to vent, especially during a time crunch.

Studying at the libraries on campus definitely allows me to focus a lot better, and puts my mind at ease. But since I don't live on campus, and need to commute by subway, sometimes staying at (or going to) the library isn't always practical.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Your Study Space