Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] GFF Anime Club

Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:22 AM #201 of 369
Alright I haven't seen any ideas here (besides Tails =I) and the people in the stream seemed to be up for the idea of watching Guu Deluxe and R.O.D TV so I guess we can do that. Any objections?

Also I still need a weekend show. Any ideas there?

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 4, 2010, 07:21 PM #202 of 369
Tonight's show is cancelled due to work.

I might make it up tomorrow. Man...

Additional Spam:
Oh... shit worked itself out. The show must go on then!

although pack says to wait a bit and I still have to drive home

yeah we gonna start this shit real late tonight - sorry for the inconvenience

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Nov 4, 2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Nov 4, 2010, 07:47 PM #203 of 369
This just means West-coasters have no excuse.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2010, 08:06 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2010, 06:06 PM #204 of 369
aww, the one day i come home early because i have an excuse to.

oh well. Time to catch up on what I missed WAW yesterday!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:20 AM #205 of 369
Haha yeah you still showed up after the first episode even though I started super late. =')

Anyway sorry for passing out again (long day) but it's alright cuz I need rebroadcast last night after the episode order screw up for Guu Deluxe.

Additional Spam:
Current lineup is R.O.D The TV and Guu Deluxe. I have not quite decided what I want to do for the weekend. Really looking for people to throw out suggestions here and not me talking to myself all the time. =I

Otherwise I guess we could go back to Tylor and show the OVAs or perhaps some Gunbuster and then Diebuster (or whatever it's called~ GROOOOOOOVIN MAGIC).

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Nov 5, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:57 AM Local time: Nov 5, 2010, 09:57 AM #206 of 369
I'm putting in my vote for Haibane Renmei and Hanada.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 04:03 PM #207 of 369
Hi Shorty~ tnx for postin~

I'm not necessarily against running either of those two shows on the weekend but both of those were suggestions for slot 1 which is meant more for interesting/alternative shows. That said R.O.D The TV has been picked for slot 1 and it will be running for 26 episodes.

Here's my post again:
Hi folks! It's come to that time again where we must choose the line-up again. Two shows will be ending tonight and we still haven't a replacement for the weekend slot.

If people are enjoying Guu then the second slot can continue with the Guu OVAs which up the ante even more.

If people are enjoying the Read or Die OVA then we can watch the TV show which follows after the events of the OVA for the first slot. I must express that while good the TV show is not nearly as good as the OVA in my opinion.

Other possible shows for the first slot include:

Fantastic Children
Haibane Renmei
Hanada
Zettai Shounen
Freedom
Stellvia of the Universe

Running a blank here for what I want to put in slot 3 - the weekend show.

I'm open for suggestions. Typically I go with the first slot being for interesting or alternative shows, the second for light-hearted and/or comedies, and the third for awesome but usually it's been sci-fi. If you have suggestions for any of these slots please let me know. If you have any other suggestions for the show in general I'm all ears too.
Again slot 3 doesn't strictly have to be an awesome epic or space junk but generally it has been something of an awesome nature to that effect. I only mention this to keep things balanced. That said R.O.D The TV has an action adventure feel to it kind of like Cowboy Bebop which was in slot 3. Not that we have an excessive line-up of all comedy shows or all super serious or all woah wacky i'm trippin balls man but I'm just putting it out there that I like to have variety.

But I aim to please and if you guys want to watch a little boy help dead people or hang out with angels on the weekend instead of blasting holes through space and romping on an adventure with a crew of varied misfits then that's cool. Since R.O.D The TV fills that requirement to an extent I'd be fine with any of the shows from that list. Any other suggestions that I haven't listed that might be good?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FatsDomino; Nov 5, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2010, 05:49 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2010, 03:49 PM #208 of 369
Oh yeah, I didn't mean those two shows together necissarily. Those two are just the ones that pulled my interest at the time. =P I'm happy with either or.

I'm really liking the R.O.D series so far. I went to my local library and got a library card. (LOL)

All the anime shows I want to watch are from the 90's so I doubt it'll be easy getting them.

I'm anxiously waiting for Naoki Urasawa's PLUTO (adaptation of Astro Boy) to come out on animated screen. <333

If you guys are interested, Mizuki Shigeru series are available for bittorrent download (<3). It's a little old fashioned 80's animu about Japanese ghosts/spirits/goblins, but it might fit the "wierd/funny" category for sure. I have no idea if it's subbed or not, which would likely be the challenge.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 06:30 PM #209 of 369
Gegege no Kitarou has been remade a gazillion times. Not sure where to even start. Doesn't look like much has been subbed and lots of dropped projects.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...creatorid=4341

Also shorty I know you didn't mean them together. My point is I'm not sure either of those two shows fit slot 3 (the weekend slot) all that well. Slot 1 is already taken by R.O.D The TV which is the slot I think they'd work better in. Not saying I can't mix things up if people want that.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 6, 2010, 06:19 PM #210 of 369
Since noone decided to really discuss this besides Shorty and myself I've decided to turn the weekend show into movie night for the time being.

Tonight we will be watching Yoshitaka Amano's 1001 Nights and Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis. It shall be a night for the arts! Don't miss it!

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:02 PM #211 of 369
Alright I'm running a little late. I should start the show in like 30 min to an hour depending on traffic. More R.O.D TV and ending Guu Deluxe. See ya then~

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:10 PM #212 of 369
Starting very shortly. I'm actually almost punctual tonight! How about that~

Right! So more R.O.D The TV and starting Guu Final. You didn't think Guu was over yet did you? =E

Hope to see you in the stream~

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:02 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2010, 07:02 PM #213 of 369
Bleh, going over to mom's tonight and doing laundry. I'll catch you guys on the archives~.

Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:38 PM #214 of 369
I need to catch up on doing archives. Sorry about that, Shorty.

In the meantime I'm totally hating myself right now so we're going to watch Melody of Oblivion which is in my opinion quite possibly the worst anime ever made. Be sure to tune in and suffer with me! I should be starting in 20 minutes. Be there~

Additional Spam:
Starting very soon now. This will truely be terrible. I am so sorry. So sorry that I will only be showing 4 episodes. Perhaps more tomorrow if you feel up the challenge.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Nov 13, 2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Xardion
CAT JUMP

Member 67

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:00 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2010, 11:00 AM #215 of 369
Those 4 episodes were so terrible, it felt like 13 episodes.

I'd say that I don't know what to think about this, but I've decided that the best option is to not think about it.

Seriously, busbull.

FELIPE NO

[ Patrick James "PJ" Beckett ]
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:41 AM #216 of 369
A bus will never be the same. Ever.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:56 AM #217 of 369
I'm not going to be able to do anime club tonight. I could however do it this afternoon. I know it's not the usual time and a lot of folks might not be able to make it. I can either just not have it today at all or do it sometime this afternoon. What would you guys like me to do?

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:00 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2010, 12:00 AM #218 of 369
I was able to make it and this is what I get, no Guu or sister-trio ;_;

Since I'm here, I might as well recommend some stuff for you to watch.
Photon, AIKa, Rocket Girls, and Votoms OVAs and and Airmaster and Strike Witches and Legend of the Galactic Heroes and
Spoiler:
why the hell is there a picture of Lordi/K-ON crossover

Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:10 PM #219 of 369
I talked with lurks and after mulling over details I've decided it best to just take the day off. This works well enough considering there are two broadcasts left for Guu Final and since I won't be doing a broadcast next Thursday (Thanksgiving duuuh) I'd rather not start a new show in slot 2 for a week without a Thursday broadcast.

So schedule should be
This week:
Tuesday: Nothing
Thursday: R.O.D The TV, Guu Final
Weekend: Melody of Oblivion

Next Week:
Tuesday: R.O.D The TV, Guu Final
Thursday: Nothing (it's Thanksgiving)
Weekend: T.B.A.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:06 PM #220 of 369
TIME TO ZOOOM ZOOOM VROOOOOOOM

show in like 30 min to an hour

WE DOIN THIS THING TONIGHT PREPARE YOUR FACES FOR ANIMATIONS FROM JAPAN

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:11 PM 1 #221 of 369
OKAY IF YOU WANT HORRIBLE ANIME THEN GET IN THE STREAM NOW

WE DOING 11 EPISODES OF MELODY OF OBLIVION

6 EPISODES, A SHORT BREAK, THEN THE LAST 5

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO HANDLE ALL THE SHIT HEADING YOUR WAY?!

GET IN THE STREAM AND FIND OUT

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:33 PM #222 of 369
I will try to have a show tonight but I may have other obligations that get in the way though. I'll post in here again if I'm able to broadcast tonight.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:58 PM #223 of 369
Oh, I kind of forgot about today's potential show. I can't even recall what I even wanted to show either. I could possibly do it tomorrow whatever that show might be. SHOW SHOW SHOW SHOW SHOW SHOW SHOW

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:01 PM #224 of 369
Instead of catching up on the archives I have been doing broadcast experiments. They are proving questionable. I have learned things but I am not quite happy with the results. Not yet anyway. The archives will happen eventually. Why do I procrastinate this badly? It is horrible.

Sorry about last week but family, Thanksgiving, and being sick got in the way. I think I've figured out what the next shows will be though. I'll have to draft out a schedule of some sort. Obviously I will have to make considerations for Christmas and New Years whatever day they fall on. Oh looking ahead they appear to both be on Saturdays. So perhaps I will have to move the usual Saturday show to Friday or Sunday or something if I'm not feeling particularly lazy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:06 PM #225 of 369
Well I've done more testing and I think I'm ready to start doing high quality broadcasts (we're talking great audio/video quality and 30-60 fps, baby!). I'll be ditching livestream in favor of justin.tv.

I'm not entirely happy with this as justin.tv has an annoying logo in the corner but after watching a bunch of stuff it pretty much becomes background noise. Also the archives will not have the justin.tv watermark as that's just something idiotic they put in the embedded player and isn't actually recorded as part of the video you'll see later (whenever I get around to doing any of them - GAH!). Everything else in the player fades away, why they don't make their logo one of them I'll never understand.

Another thing is they have a 15 to 30 second video ad before you start playing. Now with ad-blocker plus with the EasyList (English) subscription in Firefox I've never once gotten an ad. However I also have a justin.tv account so that might be the difference between myself and say packrat who always seems to get them despite his having ad blocker plus.

The other annoyance of the justin.tv embedded player is it does not auto-start so you'll have to press the play button and it always has its volume at half despite my customizations which should work but don't. I don't know why justin.tv has to be such a dick about their embedded player but they are but it works well despite these small grievances.

I originally wanted to host all this on my awesome connection but it would seem I don't really have enough bandwidth to support such an endeavor (I couldn't count on streaming more than say 4 people on my server). Also with livestream gone so are the silly youtube videos that play when I'm not broadcasting live. I could always manually play a few silly clips before and after the show to compensate for this though.

However, change can be good and I look forward to seeing how well this works for you guys. Please let me know if you have any issues with the stream tonight. I'd really like to see as many folks as possible to get a good stress test and of course varied feedback.

Hope to see you tonight as we finish Guu Final and continue our romp through R.O.D TV. I'm currently looking into the future line-up. I'll have more on that later.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Nov 30, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] GFF Anime Club