Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Missing pets

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 11:21 AM #1 of 21
Missing pets

A few weeks ago one of my cats went missing. My brother came to replece my door knob, and I was taking a bath during the time. My cat Tubby snuck outside without my brother noticing.

He is a fat nutered cat that only wanted to nibble the grass, but he took off somewhere and I cannot find him anyware. He is a people cat, so I can't see him being in the woods, at least not for long. I posted signs, went on the radio and made reports with the shelters and vet offices. I am concerned because it is getting very cold out.

Have any of you had a pet that went missing? Did any of them come back?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 11:13 PM #2 of 21
I used to have a farm cat called Shelley; she went missing quite a bit but she always came back. I suppose she wasn't very domesticated but she was smart enough to know where her food is.

Our tabby cat Munchie went missing for a few days a month back but she did come back. She must've gotten herself into a fight because her tooth was coming out and she couldn't eat properly

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:27 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2006, 12:27 AM #3 of 21
We had a cat that went missing. It was black and we called it "Blackie" (original, eh?) One day we were going shopping, and I was late up, as I was coming down the stairs I heard a noise at the front door, it was Blackie, he had returned from god-knows-where after about 8 months. He looked very thin and slightly scared of us.

He came in the front door and stood in the hall for a while, but suddenly he got spooked by something, and he shot back out the door and hid under the hedge. We tried to tempt him back out, but he was having none of it. We decided that we should leave him some milk in a saucer near to the hedge, and get some cat food for him when we went shopping.

We went to the shop and thought that by the time we came back that he would have gone, but he was still hiding under the hedge when we got back. We put him some food in a dish and placed it near to him, and left him to get on with it. As the day progressed we tried to tempt him inside, but he looked petrified of us. As the night drew in we left him some more milk and food out, hoping that this would persuade him that we meant him no harm.

When morning came he had vanished. This was several years ago. We don't where he had been, where he had gone, nor what had to happened to him to make him so scared of us.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 07:46 PM #4 of 21
My two twin cats went missing a few years back for somewhere between three and five months. One came back beat up, skinny, and with his head crooked and the other one, a beautiful orange tabby named Gemini, never came back. The only other animal I can remember going missing was Frisky, a black and white cat that the "special" guy who worked at the vet accidentally let out the door never to return. That happened when I was about five.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Fiddlegoof
Chicken butt!

Member 16189

Level 13.88

Nov 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 06:52 PM #5 of 21
Our family cat, Puskins. I know it sounds like a weird name, but my parents got it when I was just a baby. I loved that cat. It liked being scratched under it's chin, and it was always so friendly, comforting, and relaxed.

One day we just let it out to hunt or whatnot, and it never came back. My dad didn't care much, he was allergic, but my mom and my sister were upset. They figured that he just found a new home, but he's probably just rotting in the forest below my house, where he always used to hunt for mice.

How ya doing, buddy?
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 03:45 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2006, 01:45 AM #6 of 21
I'd be so worried if my dog went missing, he's like my baby. It kills me already that he doesn't live very long but if something were to happen to him I'd be so heartbroken. We have a microchip put in him so that if he was ever found, they would take him back to our vet and contact us.

I hope you find your cat

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:44 PM #7 of 21
I've had my one cat go missing about 4 times.

The first time was at my old house, she only went missing for about 8hours or so, we found her in the alley between our house and our neighbours after.

The other 3 times she went missing, she was gone for 1-2 days. Everytime I went into the backyard and called out her name and she'd pop out from under the deck, rather convenient lol.

I hope you find your cat though, I can't imagined how worried you'd be. Whenever my cat went missing I was always extremely worried.

FELIPE NO

oh my gawddd
m!dn@
Banned

Member 18248

Level 7.46

Jan 2007

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:45 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 11:45 PM #8 of 21
my cat darla went missing a month ago i never saw her again she was a fat old cat =p i miss him dearly i put up signs and poster and called the vets and pounds every day i still do.

How ya doing, buddy?
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:47 AM #9 of 21
I've only ever had guinea pigs and fish, and seeing as the fish can't run away easily, I'll have to tell of my guinea pigs.

It may seem crazy, but guinea pigs enjoy going outside and sitting in grass. I watch them carefully of course, because of neighborhood cats, but one day the pig I named Patches ran into a low bush... dont know name, but its a thick evergreen bush thats really close to the ground. I basically had to crawl around in the bushes, hoping I didnt squish him. He looked terrified... serves him right for taking off like that... lol.

Midnight was probably the worst though... dont know how she did it, but while I was at school one day, she toppled her cage over. I almost gave up on finding her when I looked behind the couch and saw those beady little eyes... little fucker scratched me up good when I had to grab her.

So nothing but a couple rodent stories... but they're soooo cuuuuute!

Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 02:00 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 02:00 AM #10 of 21
I use to have an outside cat- Spot. She always stayed near the house, so it was good. I could jiggle the gate on the fence and she'd come to the gate. My grandma was going to take her to the vet to get her fixed... she left her on her close in porch so her kitties wouldn't bother her. She left the window cracked and Spot clawed the screen and escaped. Never saw her again I hope she found a good place to live.

All my other pets we got rid of or they died/were killed or in one case of my fishies- disappeared o.O

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sandy
Pikachu ♪

Member 17794

Level 10.12

Jan 2007

Old Jan 14, 2007, 03:51 AM #11 of 21
One time I took my dog for a walk one day to a park that's about 10min walking distance from my house. Since my dog is generally a hyper dog, I let the leash loose when we get to the park so she could run around freely without me choking her with the leash. She was running in and out of some bushes and enjoying herself, so I didn't pay too much attention until I realized she jumped into a bush and never came out after a while. I searched through the bushes and the entire park literally and I couldn't find my dog at all. I was REALLY upset and scared, I thought I lost her forever. So after about 2 hours of searching I finally decided to go home and tell my mom what happened. When I finally got home my mom greeted me, and as I was crying to her I noticed my dog was running happily inside my house.. -___-

Bascially she found her way home on her own.

Yes, I'm very evul.

(Old sig back in 2001ish)
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 04:11 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 01:11 AM #12 of 21
My friend's female cat was a slut.

It ran away two times. And each time it came back, it was pregnant. My friend states his cat later died of some STD.

Dance party!
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:42 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 01:42 PM #13 of 21
I had a cat called Molly, she was a ginger and white persian. Someone stole her once when she was sat on our doorstep while I was in the kitchen but we got her back after a week. And now shes gone missing again. And I miss her soooo much. She's been gone for over a month and we've looked everywhere for her. I'm hoping she's in a nice house being looked after by a nice family and not been hurt. She's to sweet to be hurt.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Adeamus
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 18357

Level 1.21

Jan 2007

Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:02 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2007, 09:02 AM #14 of 21
I miss my Jersey. He was the coolest cat. He was very inquisitve, PLAYFUL, and he loved to lay in your lap. Had was my 26-toed testeless wonder.

He jumped out of an open window May '06, and that is the last I have seen of him.

Pictures are a thousand words. I hope if someone picked him up, they are taking good care of my baby.

Bah, I can't post URLs or images yet. Boo!

Need more posts I will edit this page when I do get enough.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:29 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 01:29 AM #15 of 21
Since all i have ever had is hamsters and fish, my experience of losing pets is nil. I have had relatives who have had dogs that I played around with a lot (I love dogs ), that have run away, or died, but none personally.

FELIPE NO
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:12 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 10:42 AM #16 of 21
My cat Tubby came back, he was found hiding under a wood pile, it was insulated, so he was able to keep warm. He was missing for more then a month and lost a lot of weight, but he is fine now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:36 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 09:36 AM #17 of 21
That is great news. I wonder if he will ever leave the house now.

franposis
yoink

Member 18158

Level 7.77

Jan 2007

Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:15 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 03:15 PM #18 of 21
We once had a fluffy black cat (George) go missing. He was gone for a couple of weeks, so we assumed he was dead. Then we found the body of a dead cat in the road that had clearly been run over which was black and the same size and type as our cat... So we mourned George and all that jazz, then about a week after that he came waltzing back in as if he'd never left the place. >< I feel kinda sorry for whoevers cat we buried now.
Oh, and two weeks after that, he actually did get run over...

Most amazing jew boots
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:31 AM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 02:01 AM #19 of 21
We had a cat, Rusty. He was about a year and a half old and we had meaning to get him desexed for a while, so to remind her my mother wrote a note on our fridge whiteboard. That day Rusty went missing.

After a couple of days later my mother wiped the note off the board and Rusty miracously returned. A few weeks later my mother again wrote up the message on the whiteboard reminding her to get Rusty desexed. He again ran away, she wiped it off days later and he returned. This happened four or five seperate times. It was some strange coincidence.

It was about a month later, and instead of writing it up on the whiteboard again my mother just made an appointment for the desexing. We haven't seen Rusty since then.

It's pretty funny really.

pigwidgeon
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19099

Level 1.34

Feb 2007

Old Feb 2, 2007, 06:03 PM #20 of 21
I had a cat that ran away when I was six. My family was moving and we were bringing our cat with us (of course) and he HATED the car. So when we stopped at my aunt's house on the way, we put him in a harness, and tied him up outside so he would be a little happier. Well, he slipped the harness and we didn't ever see him again.

More recently I've had a couple cats that were indoor/outdoor pets and they loved to be gone for a few days at a time. Then they'd come back meowing at the door.

I'm sorry, I hope your cat comes back. But I really think it just depends on the animal.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Missing pets