Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Just returned my G7, need another perfect mouse

Mercury
Flaore la ureque!

Member 525

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:14 PM #1 of 13
Just returned my G7, need another perfect mouse

Hi guys, I’m turning to you for advice about a wireless gaming mouse… because I know that you guys are… gamers! Imagine that!

I’ve just returned my G7 which was perfect in every ways, except I found out it was too big for my hand thus giving me major wrist pain. So far I’ve tried the G7, MX610, MX310, LX7, and the tiny little one that comes with the diNovo Cordless Desktop.

1) The G7 tracks great, but is too big shape wise.
2) The MX610 tracks like crap, but nice shape.
3) The MX310 tracks well, and the shape is great, but it’s wired.
4) The LX7 tracks like crap, and shape is not so good.
5) And the tiny one…well let’s say that it’s so tiny that I’ve already lost it , ok it’s too small, and not enough buttons.

Oh man, hehe, I think I’m becoming an expert with mice, and having used the G7 for 2 months, now it’s hard to go back, hehe, damn… anyway, one thing I found out is that in general, wireless mice have a pretty bad response even for desktop use, they don’t track well, and even if they are high-def (800dpi+) :eyebrow: , the only exception to this rule seems to be the G7, which is nice piece of work, good job one this one Logitech.

Basically, I’m looking for a mouse with all the following characteristics:
Shape: The MX310 shape (or similar).
Rez: The G7 tracking power, 1200dpi is good enough.
Wireless: A G7 like wireless response.
Wireless reach: Have to cross a wall, and about 15 feet, like the G7 would be perfect.
Price: Below $500 CAD. :dealer:

A wireless version of MX310 would be good for example or a smaller version of the G7 would be awesome... I know that what I want is probably not on the market yet, but I’m still hopping and that’s why I ask you guys, any insight?

Or maybe there is something on the way, maybe Logitech has something coming (or any company), when was their last release?

Any help in my endless search for the perfect mouse will be very appreciated... :1zhelp:

Cheers,

Merc

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:23 PM #2 of 13
I use the MX510 myself. Not sure how it differs in comparison to those others, but maybe you should also consider how you're holding your mouse? Try using a wrist pad and see if that helps. I got a mouse pad with gel cushion, and I find it very comfortable to use. The pad itself is a bit small, but I'm getting used to it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:07 AM #3 of 13
I love my MX1000 (predecessor to the G7) but haven't used it in a few weeks since I left its AC Adaptor at a LAN 45 Minutes away and haven't had the time to go get it. I've been using my MX510 in the interim.

If none of those mice satisfy you, have you looked into the Razer line? I don't like their feel as well as Logitech, but I have a friend who swears by the Copperhead.

One thing's inevitable: You're going to have to give up Wireless to get what you want. The MX1000/G7 are the cream of the crop of Wireless mice - nothing better exists, period. Everything else either tracks crappily, lags, or both. In the wired world there are other options (like Razer), but not in Wireless.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mercury
Flaore la ureque!

Member 525

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:25 PM #4 of 13
Originally Posted by Magic
I use the MX510 myself. Not sure how it differs in comparison to those others, but maybe you should also consider how you're holding your mouse? Try using a wrist pad and see if that helps. I got a mouse pad with gel cushion, and I find it very comfortable to use. The pad itself is a bit small, but I'm getting used to it.

That’s what I did, I start considering how I hold the mouse and that’s when I found the G7 was too big for my hand, since I to held it in a manner that isn’t good, to reach the buttons.

About the wrist pad, well it’s a good idea, I’ll put it on the list, but that’s another issue though, I still need mouse, hehe.

Originally Posted by Arainach
I love my MX1000 (predecessor to the G7) but haven't used it in a few weeks since I left its AC Adaptor at a LAN 45 Minutes away and haven't had the time to go get it. I've been using my MX510 in the interim.
Originally Posted by Arainach

If none of those mice satisfy you, have you looked into the Razer line? I don't like their feel as well as Logitech, but I have a friend who swears by the Copperhead.

One thing's inevitable: You're going to have to give up Wireless to get what you want. The MX1000/G7 are the cream of the crop of Wireless mice - nothing better exists, period. Everything else either tracks crappily, lags, or both. In the wired world there are other options (like Razer), but not in Wireless.
I’ve check out the Razor and it looks good, but it’s wired. But as you said, there is no better mouse than the G7, and that’s what I suspected, if they could only do the same mouse but with a different shape...

And it’s kinda funny, right after I post this thread, I found out new mice on Logitech’s website (maybe because they are not available in Canada), including the G3, that one would be a perfect temporary solution, as for now since the PC stays right besides the mouse and keyboard, eventually it will go into the closet which then wireless will be mandatory.

Anyone tried the G3 yet? I assume it has the same shape as the MX310 and the same tracking as the G7?

Or even, maybe the MX400, does it have the same tracking of the MX610 or it’s better? I assume it has a much better tracking since it’s wired, something close to the MX310 I guess.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 04:17 PM #5 of 13
I use, abuse, and prefer my Mx700 mouse. It has great response and is wireless. Good battery life, good looks, and good feel.

I know it is discontinued but you should be able to find it for sale somewhere.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&Submit=Search

I was speaking idiomatically.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)

Last edited by TheReverend; Jun 3, 2006 at 05:19 PM.
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 07:12 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 05:12 PM #6 of 13
Logitech MX518:
--1600dpi
--dpi Adjustments on mouse (instead of up and downscroll buttons on the MX510)
In every other repspect just like the Logitech MX510 in terms of form and function, but it's better for gaming. $50 USD retail, so $55.05 CAD; also up to $10 cheaper online.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 12:32 AM #7 of 13
Originally Posted by Dayvon
I use, abuse, and prefer my Mx700 mouse. It has great response and is wireless. Good battery life, good looks, and good feel.

I know it is discontinued but you should be able to find it for sale somewhere.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&Submit=Search
I've actually got issues with my MX700 where it'll stop tracking for a little bit or it'll think the left mouse button is stuck down (a pretty big problem in FPS games). Only reason I use it is because the desks I've had at school recently really aren't made for computers and my older MS mouse didn't have a cable that was comfortable to use.

I've also got issues with the wireless keyboard losing reception randomly when it has a clear shot of the base station and is less than three feet away, but that's a different thread.

FELIPE NO
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:27 PM #8 of 13
When I had an MX700 I found that it was extremely picky about having a nice line of site to it's cradle. Ensuring that it did removed the lack of response issues your described. It is supposed to stop tracking if it's idle for a bit, that can't be helped, but it's also likely not what you meant.

I've gone back to wired devices for use with a KVM, and don't miss the wireless at all. Grabbed an MX510 as it has the nice shape of the MX700 and is quite cheap.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:57 PM #9 of 13
btw mercury if you want the Logitech MX518 that kaiten talk about, go to Bestbuy there is an instant saving of 40$can on it wich reduce the prive from 79.99$can to 39.99$ which is a pretty good deal ^^

(just order mine, yep you guys convince me to buy a new mouse XD)

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:47 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 07:47 PM #10 of 13
Originally Posted by PUG1911
When I had an MX700 I found that it was extremely picky about having a nice line of site to it's cradle. Ensuring that it did removed the lack of response issues your described. It is supposed to stop tracking if it's idle for a bit, that can't be helped, but it's also likely not what you meant.
Yeah, I've gotten used to having to shake my mouse for five seconds to wake my computer up now, but it wasn't my problem in games. I've always maintained a clear line of sight, though I've found at certain distances it just wigs out on me. Unfortunately, the distance seems to be pretty random and inconsistent (though 99% of my problems tend to be while in games), so I just deal with a slightly less comfortable position for mousing while using my wired mouse in games.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mercury
Flaore la ureque!

Member 525

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:11 PM #11 of 13
Well guys, I really appreciated the effort, but the MX510, MX518, MX700, MX900, G5 and the G7 all have the same shape, and I've just returned a G7 because of its shape which gave me wrist pain. So unfortunately those can't help, but other than that, they are great mice.

I think I’ll buy a G3 when it will come out as a temporary solution, and then wait for smaller G7 to make an appearance.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:19 PM #12 of 13
My advice would be to hold the mouse in a way that doesn't hurt your hand, but that's just me. It's cheaper to fix your (potentially bad) habits then it is to replace your top of the line mice in hopes of finding one that doesn't exist. It's like saying that my back hurts if I slouch, so someone should make a better chair, or y'know, I could just sit up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:15 AM #13 of 13
I'm stunned that you say the mouse is too large for your hand though. I've used all of them, and multiple people I know have, and none of us have issues. I just can't see how it would be too large.

You're probably either going to have to readjust your grip, or stick with portable mice since the MX series size is about standard.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Just returned my G7, need another perfect mouse