Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

So do you use your right or left thumb to press down the spacebar?

darkrose16
Carob Nut

Member 2924

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 04:31 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 04:31 AM #76 of 88
I use my index finger for the space bar, when I actually get around to using it. I actually was in the process of being taught how to type, but never stuck with it, so I ended up teaching myself, and I don't use all of my fingers, which I find weird. Like I mainly use my left hand and my index and my thumb on my right.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
tenseiken
Syklis Green

Member 532

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 05:22 PM #77 of 88
Let's see here. Apparently I use my right thumb when I'm actually typing stuff, but when I do keyboard shortcuts and that sort of thing (e.g. Alt+Space+C), I use my left thumb. It's weird. I'm pretty left-handed--I write, eat, and steer my car with my left hand. I throw stuff and punch people with my right hand, though.

I took a typing class in high school, but I don't think that it really stuck with me. I'm a touch-typist, but I know I don't always use the proper fingers to hit each key. I don't use my right ring finger at all, for example. Even if I'm just hitting the L key, I still shift my hand over and use my middle finger to do it. Despite various oddities like that, I'm still a reasonably fast and reasonably accurate typist. I haven't tested my speed since I took that class in high school though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
NeoBelhelmel
Confused Negotiator

Member 18242

Level 4.50

Jan 2007

Old Feb 26, 2007, 09:08 PM #78 of 88
Wow. Never really thought about it.

It turns out that I use my left thumb exclusively. I guess my right hand is a little more off the keyboard more often, so I can switch to mouse or tablet, I guess. And I taught myself how to type, so I never really gauged how fast I type...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Showtime.
Now using: Roger Smith Av #11
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:04 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 08:04 PM #79 of 88
I press the space bar with my left thumb.

I just tried typing the second half of that sentence with the right one, and found that I couldn't type anywhere near as well.

FELIPE NO
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:15 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 10:15 PM #80 of 88
I learned to type traditionally at first, 1) in typing class for a summer school class 2) with kid-friendly typing learning computer game programs.

However, I discovered BBS (a bulletin board) online community that, much like GFF, I became addicted to. Soon, I was chatting away and quickly absorbing typing skills up the wazoo.

Btw, I had to focus which hand I use to press the space button, but I can confirm that I mainly use my right hand thumb.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:06 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 09:06 AM #81 of 88
Wow, I never really thought about this before. I use neither! I apparently use my right middle finger to get the spacebar, along with most of the keys on the right side of the keyboard. My right hand bounces around like crazy as I type, but my left hand just sorta chills over by the WASD keys. Probably a gaming habit. Speaking of which, I use my left thumb to hit space while gaming, but only while gaming.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
roko-dono
Working my way up like a noob. :)

Member 20359

Level 1.60

Feb 2007

Old Feb 27, 2007, 08:06 PM #82 of 88
I use both thumbs. I keep both of them of each side of the space bar.
I also had this really old boxy computer that had one program: A program that told you to type a sentence and timed you on how long you took.

I broke the computer and taught myself. =]

How ya doing, buddy?
Getting proper work clothes: $50
Buying lunch at school every month: $40
Getting a new computer: $1,700
Hours spent playing Mugen: Priceless
Hours getting characters for Mugen: Stressingly priceless
Hours getting screenpacks and stages: OH STFU NOOB!
ouch
The pencil killer

Member 879

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:25 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 11:25 PM #83 of 88
I used both thumbs on spacebar too. Maybe because I used to play piano, and both keyboard works similar way...lol Though for shift and ctrl key, I always use my left hand though.

I'm self taught with some typing program. But what make me type fast are BBS and Typing of the death game...lol

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Need Manga Studio Tutorial? Click me!!
Visit my DeviantArt
ciph3r
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 20525

Level 1.60

Mar 2007

Old Mar 2, 2007, 01:20 PM #84 of 88
left thumb, but strangely enough I didn't realise I was using that until you asked...

How ya doing, buddy?
Prons
Syklis Green

Member 19963

Level 7.40

Feb 2007

Old Mar 3, 2007, 01:15 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 11:15 PM #85 of 88
I just tested, and am actually quite stunned to learn I use my left thumb instead of my right thumb to press the keyboard, my right thumb is pretty much unused in the typing process =O

I was speaking idiomatically.
Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 03:56 PM #86 of 88
Just typing this out I learned I use my right thumb. My left thumb it seems is only used to hit control, shift, or caps lock. I tried to learn to type traditionally but I never got used to it, after I took writing as a hobby I pretty much learned where all the keys were.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > So do you use your right or left thumb to press down the spacebar?