Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

OC ReMix

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:31 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 04:31 PM #1 of 86
OC ReMix

http://www.ocremix.org/
I'v been going to this site since early 2005 and love the work they all pour out, the quality is fantastic compared to less organized remix sites I've heard.
I currently have ReMixes 0001-1250 (with some removed, I really wish I could get those) and a few dozen others on my hard drive. What's do you think of the site as a whole and what are your favorite remixes?
My current favorite is Final_Fantasy_6_Enchanted_Esper, it's just got the epic feel to it. The length gives you plenty of time to enjoy the subdued music.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Weeklan
Weeklan #02

Member 1605

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 01:08 AM #2 of 86
Sega, practically every Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Streets of Rage, metal gear solid etc etc etc remix I love!!! (OK maybe not ALL) But goddamn I have atleast 100MB of those remixes. I love that site.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FFS!!
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 05:13 PM #3 of 86
I'm a big fan of the OverClocked ReMix; heck, I spend more time around there than I do here.

I posted a list of remixes back in an earlier version of this thread from before the wipe (that also included stuff from VGMix, currently down). I'm feeling lazy and don't really want to trudge through everything just for a favorites list that'll be pages long because I'm indecisive. Last.fm indicates that my most listened remix is Neo-Pacificist, so I'll just give that a mention.

Don't forget the site projects, which contain many tracks that weren't actually posted to OCR: Relics of the Chozo (Super Metroid), Kong in Concert (Donkey Kong Country), Hedgehog Heaven (Sonic the Hedgehog 2), Rise of the Star (Kirby's Adventure), The Dark Side of Phobos (Doom), and Chrono Symphonic (Chrono Trigger).

Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
I currently have ReMixes 0001-1250 (with some removed, I really wish I could get those) and a few dozen others on my hard drive.
For the most part... nah, you don't really wish you could get those. Quality issues and so forth. But there are definitely some good tracks lodged in there, so check http://www.lggaming.com/user/xerol/escape/OCReMoved/ for all of them.

There's going to be a whole batch of new removed tracks after OCR01500 is posted; the judges are going to go back and toss things that shouldn't have been posted in the first place for standards violations. Given the current rate of song posting, expect that in about seventeen years. :biggrin:

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:40 PM #4 of 86
I never was a big fan of the Remixin scene, to be honest. About 10% of the remixes I actually like in both OCRemix and VGMix. I find it a shame that the majority of VGM fans are VGM remix fans as well, it deters tide away from the originals.

Kong in Concert bored me to death, so I never understood why so many thought it was better than the originals. The only song I liked was Boiling Point.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 06:40 PM #5 of 86
Originally Posted by TCK
Never heard of it.
lolz me neither

whos ocremix, sum n00b?

(BTW, even 2chan approves of us gaijin musicians.)

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Dhsu; Mar 14, 2006 at 07:42 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:54 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 05:54 PM #6 of 86
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
I find it a shame that the majority of VGM fans are VGM remix fans as well, it deters tide away from the originals.
I can understand this sentiment, but I completely disagree; remixes have introduced me to a bunch of soundtracks I wouldn't have gone and listened to if I hadn't heard the remix first. In some cases I've found I like the original more, and in some cases I like the remix more.

I love seeing what remixers can do with their own interpretation on tracks, especially with tracks I really enjoy (the opposite of what most people feel, as I've seen); as long as the remix doesn't suck, I'm perfectly happy with a new piece of music. There are only a few tracks I can point to and say I don't want to see them remixed, and that's really only because I'm deathly afraid that they'll be butchered.

Remixes from soundtracks I haven't heard help me with VGMQ, too.

Originally Posted by Dhsu
lolz me neither

whos ocremix, sum n00b?
Silence, you. Go back to MIDI ripping.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 04:58 PM #7 of 86
I've been going to OCR longer than I've been coming here. Let's see, I started visiting OCR in late 2001, joined the OCR fag forums in April of 2002, and didn't come to GFF until late 2002. However, in the past year or so, I've been largely ignoring the game mixing community as a whole, save for the random VG Frequency broadcast or OCR remixing project. Honestly, I wish someone would just do what VG Frequency does and condense all of the hottest activity going on in the community (read: music) into one daily/weekly update. I thought I heard of The Shizz doing that, but I don't see anything like that there.

FELIPE NO
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 06:01 PM #8 of 86
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
Honestly, I wish someone would just do what VG Frequency does and condense all of the hottest activity going on in the community (read: music) into one daily/weekly update. I thought I heard of The Shizz doing that, but I don't see anything like that there.
You're probably confusing The Shizz with ThaSauce.

I never noticed the similarity until now. =O

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:38 PM #9 of 86
I think OC Remix is a great site, but of the over 1,200 or so remixes, I have only heard about 100-150 that I really like. A couple of them are the FFVI Terra in Black remix, as well as the Metal Gear May Cry remix. Also, it was great to see Jeremy Soule show his support for the site. His contribution, also a tribute to Uematsu's Terra/Tina track from FFVI, is simply godly.

Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:58 PM #10 of 86
For a while, I listened to OCR material almost exclusively. Sometime ago, I discovered there was much better original music out there. I deleted my OCR collection and deleted the tracks from my Last.fm because it was really screwing up my neighbor recommendations; none of my neighbors listened to the new stuff I was listening to.

Josh_1
Organization XIII

Member 1596

Level 17.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:29 PM #11 of 86
Well I like the site, but I don't really visit it that often. I love the remixes of Jeremy Robson the best. I can't get enough of his orchestral arrangements. I love how he gives each piece a cinematic influence. My favs of his include Final Fantasy VII Philharmonic Suite and Kefka's Adagio. One of the things I find completely annoying with OCR is that NO ONE arranges Hamauzu's music. I plan to fix that however, and submit my People of the North orchestration, !

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:30 PM #12 of 86
OLR > OCR

Seriously. I actually lurk at OLR. Mabye in a few months I will actually have the guts to post there.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:40 PM #13 of 86
OCRemix has produced some very catchy tunes, but you gotta weed out the medicore ones. My all-time favorite from there is tied between a Mega Man 2 song called "Bubble(wantstoget)funkedup, and a song titled "Jenova Trance" originating from FFVII.

VGRemix is another place to find remixes, although I've only been there a few times.

Maybe I'll submit a remix to OC and see what they say.

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:41 PM #14 of 86
Originally Posted by CHz
You're probably confusing The Shizz with ThaSauce.

I never noticed the similarity until now. =O
Oh, whoops. You're right. I've heard of ThaSauce a few times before, but I kept losing the URL and forgetting about it. I'm going to set it as my homepage for a while; maybe then I won't forget.

Anyway, thanks.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:00 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:00 PM #15 of 86
Originally Posted by Josh_1
One of the things I find completely annoying with OCR is that NO ONE arranges Hamauzu's music. I plan to fix that however, and submit my People of the North orchestration, !
There's already a mix of that track. =O

That's the only Hamauzu track I know of, though. I'm sure you can find rejected mixes of some of his other works in the decisions forum, but many of the tracks in there are rejected for good cause.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:31 PM #16 of 86
Originally Posted by CHz
I'm a big fan of the OverClocked ReMix; heck, I spend more time around there than I do here.

I posted a list of remixes back in an earlier version of this thread from before the wipe (that also included stuff from VGMix, currently down). I'm feeling lazy and don't really want to trudge through everything just for a favorites list that'll be pages long because I'm indecisive. Last.fm indicates that my most listened remix is Neo-Pacificist, so I'll just give that a mention.

Don't forget the site projects, which contain many tracks that weren't actually posted to OCR: Relics of the Chozo (Super Metroid), Kong in Concert (Donkey Kong Country), Hedgehog Heaven (Sonic the Hedgehog 2), Rise of the Star (Kirby's Adventure), The Dark Side of Phobos (Doom), and Chrono Symphonic (Chrono Trigger).

For the most part... nah, you don't really wish you could get those. Quality issues and so forth. But there are definitely some good tracks lodged in there, so check http://www.lggaming.com/user/xerol/escape/OCReMoved/ for all of them.

There's going to be a whole batch of new removed tracks after OCR01500 is posted; the judges are going to go back and toss things that shouldn't have been posted in the first place for standards violations. Given the current rate of song posting, expect that in about seventeen years. :biggrin:
Thanks a lot for the links, for now I'll be redownloading all the newer OC ReMixes I like and try to keep my OCR collection intact until numbe 1500 rolls around.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:41 PM #17 of 86
I first discovered that site before joining GFF, so it took up most of my time back then. Some of my early favorites were remixes by Dale North, I believe. I haven't had an opportunity to listen to the other remixes besides those from Final Fantasy and Xenogears.

How ya doing, buddy?
Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:55 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 11:55 PM #18 of 86
OLR > OCR

Seriously. I actually lurk at OLR. Mabye in a few months I will actually have the guts to post there.
:biggrin: *is a judge at OLR*

Don't worry, we're a decent crowd.

And OCR is a pretty cool place too. I've enjoyed listening to some of their mixes from time to time, but the standards kinda kill it for me. Looking at their Judges' Decisions page and sometimes seeing entire pages of nothing but rejections (all of them unanimous, WTF?) I wonder how bad these really are. Professionalism is nice, but these are amateur artists we're dealing with. Of course, I know that there are a ton of submissions so it's necessary to be strict, but it's just depressing to read some of these comments sometimes.

Last edited by Toma; Mar 15, 2006 at 01:59 AM.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:14 AM #19 of 86
I, too, discovered this site long before I came here. However, I'm more a fan of remixers' work themselves than actual remixes (if that makes any sense). For instance, like Quinn Fox and McVaffe, I pretty much follow all their stuff (especially Quinn Fox).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:29 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 12:29 AM #20 of 86
Originally Posted by Toma
Oh really? I knew a few of the judges had left, but I didn't know who replaced them. Congrats.

And OCR is a pretty cool place too. I've enjoyed listening to some of their mixes from time to time, but the standards kinda kill it for me. Looking at their Judges' Decisions page and sometimes seeing entire pages of nothing but rejections (all of them unanimous, WTF?) I wonder how bad these really are. Professionalism is nice, but these are amateur artists we're dealing with. Of course, I know that there are a ton of submissions so it's necessary to be strict, but it's just depressing to read some of these comments sometimes.
For better or worse, the standards are high, and have definitely risen over time. On the one hand, you can argue that it's not very encouraging to artists to have their work constantly rejected, although there are forums and the judges do give comments for improvement. On the other hand, you could argue that the higher standards lead to higher quality music for listeners. You don't have to weed through quite so much dreck to find songs you enjoy.

VGMix takes the opposite approach; there's no panel asserting quality control (although there's definitely a system in place... it's just much more permissive), resulting in a place where artists can get their music out at the expense of listeners having to wade through more songs. They're just different philosophies, and both have their proponents and detractors.

And of course you have OLR.

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Melee
Good Chocobo

Member 1586

Level 16.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:42 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:42 AM #21 of 86
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
http://www.ocremix.org/
I'v been going to this site since early 2005 and love the work they all pour out, the quality is fantastic compared to less organized remix sites I've heard.
I currently have ReMixes 0001-1250 (with some removed, I really wish I could get those) and a few dozen others on my hard drive. What's do you think of the site as a whole and what are your favorite remixes?
My current favorite is Final_Fantasy_6_Enchanted_Esper, it's just got the epic feel to it. The length gives you plenty of time to enjoy the subdued music.
1250, ui
I have only ~1000, it's time to update my oc remixes.

my favorite remix is Zelda: Link's Awakening, (1993) 'Braving Tal Tal Heights' by Disco Dan
Sounds very cool.

I'm so sorry for my english! :/
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:45 AM #22 of 86
Yeah, I was wondering, HOW THE FU did you become judge? I don't even remeber you being any popular at all period?

And CHz, no judge actually -left-, since they were all the same person.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:40 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 08:40 AM #23 of 86
Disk Mastah Smokabitch and Hella-Tight MC Fukkaslut are definitely not the same person, and neither of them were anyone else on the panel.

Also, http://olremix.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2911.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:40 AM #24 of 86
I know, but it's still funny.

And that's the topic I WTF'd to when they changed the title.

Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 11:54 AM #25 of 86
Yeah, I was wondering, HOW THE FU did you become judge? I don't even remeber you being any popular at all period?

I just asked . I honestly wasn't expecting to be accepted for that very reason, I lurk much more than I post and don't know many members. At any rate, I'm not complaining.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > OC ReMix