Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Lucky ☆ Star

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:40 PM #101 of 216
The front one in green is Karin, although I can't figure out any of the others :<

I was speaking idiomatically.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2007, 02:14 PM 1 #102 of 216
Episode 11 was alright. The best part was when :

Spoiler:
Kagami,Tsukasa, Miyuki were getting shock when they touch the handle to the door. Konata somewhat doesn't Lol "Yes".

In that lucky channel skit, Akira says she'll be joining the main characters next week but I don't even see her in the preview. Hope that wasn't bullshit >=/.

EDIT:
Nipponsei released the bgm and radio tracks of Lucky Star. Get it now =].

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3rv27d

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by chato; Jun 22, 2007 at 04:47 PM. Reason: lucky star bgm/radio bangumi
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2007, 03:48 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2007, 10:48 PM #103 of 216
That's awesome, thanks! And coming up--they're releasing a CD with all the karaoke/ED tracks! I'm stoked for that one, I was hoping they'd release that, each one of those are classic tracks.

Also, here's a super super interesting interview with Aya Hirano about Lucky Star. This is not "interesting" because I have a fanboy crush on her the size of Tokyo and take anything she says as liquid gold. Not at all.

Interview under the spoiler:
Spoiler:
Konata fans -- and Hirano Aya fans -- throughout the country, sorry to keep you waiting! It's time for Hirano Aya, who plays our heroine Konata.

Question: What were your feelings when you read the comic?
Hirano: "I hadn't really read 4koma comics, so when I first read it I was surprised. The characters were so individual, and it was full of things that really happen. I really enjoyed it. Before we started, I asked the director what the anime was going to be like, and he said: 'Just like the comic.' So I practised the voice while I read the comic. In 4koma, the stories change abruptly, and the characters' feelings change every time, so it's hard to get the flow of the characters' emotions. And the anime can cut suddenly to a new subject. Practicing with the manga was helpful in learning how to manage that. As for the character's voice, all the director said was: 'more sluggish,' and 'slower.' (laughs) He accepted the voice I came up with by intuition from the comic and the setup. I'm actually a bit like Konata in my leisure time.

Are there ways you are like Konata?
Hirano: "I love manga and can't stop talking about them. That's like Konata, I think. When people ask me what manga I like, they often don't know the ones I mention. Sometimes people have been shocked and said: 'That's so subculture.' But I've hardly played games at all. There are lots of scenes where Konata is playing net games, so you really have to say the terms she uses smoothly, but when I started I was like 'what's a net game?' (laughs) But at the last photo session for Comp H's magazine, they gave me a DS and a PSP to fool around with, and I've gotten into the PSP. Konata reads manga and plays net games all the time, and I read manga and play games, so it feels like there's some similarity. (laughs) Once when I was muttering about what manga I like now, my manager joked: 'You sound just like Konata.' (laughs)"

What do you think of Konata's father?
Hirano: "I love him. (laughs) Konata's relationship with her father is really something. Konata got her interests from her father, so their shared interests make for family harmony. (laughs) I think they will be interacting more from now on, and that will be fun. If he were my father, maybe I would have the same detailed knowledge of anime and games (laughs)."

What's the atmosphere like during recording?
Hirano: "The cast were pretty well all meeting for the first time, but before the recording, we said: 'We have to convey the feeling of classmates who are close friends and are together every day.' So we made a point of spending our breaks together, talking about this and that. Since I'm the youngest, they had to force me to use casual language. Now we're beginning to do more and more ad libs. (laughs) In places where there is no script but the characters are moving, it's like 'can we think of an ad lib for here?' And we're trying harder and harder things."

What were your feelings about the OP?
Hirano: "I loved the high-tension feeling of the OP, but since it's like the lead-off hitter, I was quite nervous. It was the first time I'd done a tune like that. And I wanted to sing in character, but we had only just begun recording. Seeing the broadcast really surprised me. It got you dancing."

You sing various songs as the ED.
Hirano: "Because we sing so many songs, and got so much material all at once, I was really flustered and thought: 'I'll never remember all this.' I couldn't even find the lyrics for some of the older songs. They gave us lyrics when we recorded, but I had practised at home just by listening and making my own notes. I made a lot of mistakes! (laughs) Then I was told: 'Since she's an otaku, Konata would sing the songs with all the same breathing and vibrato as the original. Please do it like that, Hirano-san.' It was really tough. I apologize to people who know anime songs. I hope it was okay. I.... (cries)"

What do think of one of this anime's special characters, Shiraishi Minoru?
Hirano: "I think I feel the same as the other cast members. We envy him for having a character modelled after him. It's really mortifying. (laughs) It would be fun to do characters with your own name. Shiraishi is Konata's classmate, but they don't have much to do with each other. We leave it to Akira to mess with him."

Finally, do you have a message for the viewers?
Hirano: "The cast members enjoy doing this show a lot. We will keep doing our best to communicate that feeling. Konata is a kind of character I've never done before, and I have to study a lot. I would be really happy if it's a show that remains popular. Thank you so much for your support in that. (laughs)"

Here's the link with a review of the interview (? must be a new thing): http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2007/0...interview.html
Just a little note: this is obviously an online interview as noted by the (笑)'s spotted throughout the interview. She doesn't really cry during the interview, that would be ridiculous.

I thought it was interesting that she mentioned the ad-libbing, it has been a trend in my life to like shows where ad-lib is frequent (Dr. Katz, Curb Your Enthousiasm, and so on).

FELIPE NO

Last edited by surasshu; Jun 23, 2007 at 03:58 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2007, 06:26 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2007, 03:26 PM #104 of 216
Thanks chato! And can't wait for that karaoke ED songs!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 09:49 AM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 10:49 PM #105 of 216
Originally Posted by chato
Spoiler:
In that lucky channel skit, Akira says she'll be joining the main characters next week but I don't even see her in the preview. Hope that wasn't bullshit >=/.

Heh, she couldn't be this character, could she?

Spoiler:

Ha ha ha, that would be funny as hell, Akira reduced to a little toddler!! But then again Konata did mention that she would be starting High School soon so it could be possible.

I just can't wait!!

Next episode has potential for serious hijinks if Akira shows up in the main part.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 04:44 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 02:44 PM #106 of 216
That's not her.

Take a closer look at the OP (cheerleader sequence). ;(

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 05:58 PM #107 of 216
I figured so. I remember Konata talking about a little sister or something.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 29, 2007, 01:07 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2007, 11:07 PM #108 of 216
Just a notice that Xamayon picked up the manga about a week ago and have been releasing it at a furious pace.

Which becomes less impressive when you consider that each chapter is only a few pages long, but whatever! They're much better than Sleeping Forest or whoever it was doing it before.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 01:43 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 02:43 AM #109 of 216
Thanks for the link, Sakabadger!! Awesome stuff!!!

Episode 12 was released just a while ago. Just downloaded it, but haven't watched it yet. Probably will watch it tonight.

How ya doing, buddy?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 02:08 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 09:08 PM #110 of 216
Haha, this episode had some great material, particularly the appearance of Akira in the show, not to mention the followup in Lucky Channel! I also really liked the new year/fortune telling sequence, and the karaoke section at the end was really fun (and somewhat sad if you know the song) this time too.

I thought from last episode that they would introduce that little girl into the cast this time but I'm glad they didn't, cause I think there are enough characters to go around.

Oh, does anyone know what the music is when Konata explains the map/strategy for KomiKet? Is it from Gunbuster like that theme that plays when Konata is being a militant otaku?

Last edited by surasshu; Jun 30, 2007 at 02:55 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 08:13 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 06:13 PM #111 of 216
Oh, does anyone know what the music is when Konata explains the map/strategy for KomiKet? Is it from Gunbuster like that theme that plays when Konata is being a militant otaku?
I was under the impression that the drumbeat theme is only very similar, but I have only seen the one in DieBuster so I am probably wrong. :<

FELIPE NO
♪♡
Thanks Seris!

Last edited by Magi; Jun 30, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:05 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 12:05 PM #112 of 216
Heh, this was quite funny. I've never been to a anything quite like comiket, though we do have the ocassional comics and book fairs here in Hong Kong. I know lining up is a pain in most cases, but I don't think it's ever as crazy as in Japan...

Oh and Akira's "appearance"....
Spoiler:
LOL!!

Bottom left-hand corner....

And finally, the reason she didn't get to appear after all...

Hilarious!!!

I also thought it was funny everything Konata had to go through just to get her New Year's money pocket.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:47 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 10:47 PM #113 of 216
This is something subtle, but is it just me

Spoiler:

But is it just me, or she is the only sales girl with an actual girl voice acting. ;3 She is the person behind Nagato as in the voice acting? Nagamoe~:3

They are using quite a few original voice acting for cameo characters, really tongue and cheek. -w-

♪♡
Thanks Seris!
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:51 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 06:51 PM #114 of 216
This is something subtle, but is it just me

Spoiler:

But is it just me, or she is the only sales girl with an actual girl voice acting. ;3 She is the person behind Nagato as in the voice acting? Nagamoe~:3

They are using quite a few original voice acting for cameo characters, really tongue and cheek. -w-

Yes, you're right. They're credited at the end of the show during the ED:
Spoiler:
Both Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato) and Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon) from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu are credited in the end credits.

That being said, I hadn't realized that Minoru Shiraishi (Minoru Shirashi) was also in Haruhi as Kyon's friend, Kunikida.

LOL episode!!

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 02:47 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 11:47 PM #115 of 216
Latest episode was awesome. Love the Comiket part!

Also: Lucky Star OP Zelda style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz6JaUBN_RI

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 02:26 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 03:26 PM #116 of 216
Episode 13 has been released. Those Animate staff really don't give up do they? And in the end...same result! But damn, all that talk about chocolate has made me hungry....

ZOMG - new ED!! LOL!!

Also, next episode preview by...
Spoiler:
Keroro, Tamama and Giroro....? Their seiyu were also featured in the Animate scene.....

Giroro (with belt)

Blocked by Keroro and Tamama (with tadpole tail)

True faces...

Last edited by hikarub; Jul 7, 2007 at 02:59 AM. Reason: meh
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 02:59 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 12:59 AM #117 of 216

ZOMG - new ED!! LOL!!

:
You can tell that they are on top of stuff when they put internet memes generated from their older series into their new ones.
Spoiler:

♪♡
Thanks Seris!
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:42 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 02:42 PM #118 of 216
HAHAHA They referenced their own opening song, that's pretty cheeky! And Akira has drills on her head, and the ED... Haha, we see the real Shiraishi, wawawa indeed! This episode was completely stuffed with hilarious references.

This episode was super good. Probably my favourite so far!

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:19 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 11:19 PM 1 #119 of 216
YouTube Video

I'm lost for words

FELIPE NO
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 01:55 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 08:55 PM #120 of 216
I'm lost for words
I want the MP3 for that!

Most amazing jew boots
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:16 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 09:16 PM #121 of 216
The torrent site is down, can anyone upload the torrent for episode 13.

EDIT:Nevermind, Mininova is my friend.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 8, 2007 at 03:23 AM.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 05:20 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2007, 03:20 AM #122 of 216
The thing I like best about Lucky Star is that the staff involved seem to have so much fun with it. Good chemistry is always required for a good production, and the voice actors and people at KyoAni seem to have it in abundance. The ED for episode 13 defines that -- I can imagine the staff all having a good laugh at what they're putting out.

In other news, Minoru Shiraishi is probably feeling pretty great about having landed that role on Haruhi a year ago.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 01:38 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2007, 08:38 PM 1 #123 of 216
I was so bored that I actually decided to try to mashup the Lucky Star OP and Shiraishi's hilarious song. Yeah. I should die in a fire, I know. Then I even got into Windows Movie Maker and about 8 hours later, this emerged:

YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by surasshu; Jul 8, 2007 at 01:43 PM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:16 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 02:16 PM #124 of 216
The ED of Lucky Star 14 made me laugh so hard~

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:30 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 01:30 PM #125 of 216
This was a nice one. Finally, Konata's little cousin Yutaka is introduced, as well as her classmate Minami (though her name isn't actually mentioned in the main episode). I hope we'll be introduced to the other characters as well pretty soon.

Seeing Yutaka adjusting to life in the Izumi household is quite funny at times. She does seem to be doing well, except for instances like....
Spoiler:
....walking in on Soujiro while he's taking a dump, because he didn't bother to close the bathroom door....

....and Konata's advice.....

And what's with that DS?
Spoiler:

The ending....... Shiraishi x Hare Hare Yukai = KO

LOL.....

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Lucky ☆ Star