Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] New Fullmetal Alchemist anime series

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:37 PM #26 of 37
Does anyone know why Tokyotosho has been broken for weeks? There's no notice or anything; just a blank page.

I'm downloading ep. 4 right now, and so far I've been pleased with how the new series is going. I thought it was odd how it skipped over Tucker since he was one of the only major differences between the early episodes and the manga, but this episode will fix that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:40 PM #27 of 37
Site says:

Quote:
2009-04-20 Regrettably, our domain owner (not me) decided to self-destruct the domain. In the mean time, please use our alternate domain, tokyotosho.info Tell your friends, family, and pets about the new domain!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:26 PM 1 #28 of 37
Man you guys are slow. Anyway GSS dropped FMA in favor of picking up Sengoku Basara (FUCK YEAH PUT YA SUBS ON), and since Shinsen isn't based in America they're just releasing under the group name The Alchemists now. They had episode 4 up at the same time they always do on Sunday.
Pardon me for not keeping track of As The Fansubbers Turn.

And yeah, I googled tokyotosho the other day and found the message Tails posted. The .info works just fine.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 01:04 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 02:04 PM #29 of 37
Man you guys are slow. Anyway GSS dropped FMA in favor of picking up Sengoku Basara (FUCK YEAH PUT YA SUBS ON), and since Shinsen isn't based in America they're just releasing under the group name The Alchemists now. They had episode 4 up at the same time they always do on Sunday.
Thanks for the info, Tails. I can always count on you.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:16 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 08:16 AM #30 of 37
Am I the only one here who's a tad discontented with how this series is turning out? Everything just seems so fast-paced that you haven't had time to properly digest the material and all of the strong drama associated with this before they move on to the next story arc. I'm really hoping that this is just a phase to get to the diverging point, but from the standpoint of writing a good story, this breakneck speed is just terrible.

If my reliable sources didn't tell me to be patient, I'd be tempted to declare that the manga enthusiasts are deluded in their thinking at this point.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:23 AM #31 of 37
Again, the original series never really diverged from the manga until around the 30's (Rush Valley and Sensei's arrival), so the rushed speed is necessary to get to the different stuff. If it slowed down then we'd just be watching the same things all over again. It's making time for divergences like Shou Tucker, so I'm not overly concerned.

FELIPE NO
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:45 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 11:45 PM #32 of 37
I'm actually pretty pleased with the pacing of the new series. First-time viewers like Tails seem to enjoy it too so they're doing something right.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:17 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2009, 09:17 PM #33 of 37
Whoa, episode 8 and 9 already has the 5th Laboratory bit done with...

I really like the pacing here, hope it keeps up until wherever it was that the first anime series started diverging from the manga. Then it better slow down and focus more on the story.

Did any one else notice when Winry arrived at Central in episode 9....
Spoiler:
.....when she calls out to Major Armstrong, Izumi Curtis and her husband walked past right behind her?

With the preview to episode 10, we're coming to the source of Mustang's pain....
Spoiler:
...it looks like Maes Hughes buys it in this episode, if the preview is anything to go by it looks like it also has the funeral service as well...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:53 PM #34 of 37
Well, episode 11 deals with the auto-mail girl in Rush Valley according to the preview, so we'll be going into the new stuff in either 11 or 12. I can't remember if the Xing folks show up during or after that chase.

Ep. 10:
I don't know if this is really necessary since we all know what happened to Hughes, but the small differences between this and the first anime were interesting. It's been way too long since I read that far back in the manga to know if they came from there.

The one that stood out most to me was Mustang's comment at the gravesite that he was desperately attempting to think of a formula for human transmutation. In the old series he said that he had once nearly attempted it and was now trying to recall the formula. Most likely trimmed because they thought the line didn't make sense without the flashback, but it's kind of a shame. The depressed PTSD Mustang flashbacks added a lot of character to the Ishbal war beyond just showing the gunfire and explosions. Not a big deal though, since this is far from the last time flashbacks to Ishbal will be important.

It was a bit awkward how Envy turning into Maria Ross was handled. Since she didn't show up until she was already pointing a gun at Hughes in the phone booth there wasn't much point to Envy being her, or Hughes knowing that it wasn't Ross.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:44 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2009, 01:44 PM #35 of 37
Man, I don't know if this a good thing or not, showing events in a slightly different way... but the battle between Ed and Greed wasn't how I remember it from the manga.
Spoiler:
....and Izumi showed up afterwards. Ed's evaluation was skipped entirely, as was Major Armstrong and King Fuhrer Bradley's stalking of Ed back to Dublith.

I know they're trying to get to the new bits for the manga, but this is getting weird.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2009, 01:54 AM #36 of 37
Man, I don't know if this a good thing or not, showing events in a slightly different way... but the battle between Ed and Greed wasn't how I remember it from the manga.
Spoiler:
....and Izumi showed up afterwards. Ed's evaluation was skipped entirely, as was Major Armstrong and King Fuhrer Bradley's stalking of Ed back to Dublith.

I know they're trying to get to the new bits for the manga, but this is getting weird.
It looks as if they skipped two whole chapters, which in FMA terms is a lot.

I can't really say I know what they're thinking. A lot of it is unimportant now, but they're breaking ties that become relevant later in the series.

Spoiler:
Such as Armstrong meeting Sig for the first time, and why does Izumi come AFTER Ed beats the shit out of Greed? This is really making no sense.

edit// And it seems like they kinda fucked up 15 too. At least the new OP and ED sequences are neato.

Spoiler:
Not including Youswell is really gonna shit on everything when Yoki owns shit out of nowhere later on in the series. It already kind of fucked up Mei's introduction in 15, according to the Raw.

Also the fact that the whole series is more of an action comedy than an action drama with comedic elements is kind of pissing me off. The jokes are fine in the manga, but it gets annoying in the anime every five seconds.

Let me be the first to say that besides the pretty OP and ED sequences, Brotherhood really isn't impressing me. Maybe it's because I want a scene-by-scene manga->anime adaptation a la One Piece and because I know exactly what happens, but they're making some terrible decisions here in my opinion.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2009, 04:59 PM #37 of 37
Heads up for all you folks watching, the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics will be airing this week, so episode 21 of FMA:B will be delayed until August 30th.

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] New Fullmetal Alchemist anime series