Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 03:37 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 03:37 AM #51 of 71
Bumpin dis to bring up the update. Long story short: shit's getting real. The playing fields are leveling out, and sure they're doing the same "oh the good guys are actually bad guys" bit from Seed Destiny's playbook, but it's worth it to see Gundams taken down a notch. (really)

Spoiler:
When it rains, it pours, and it's poured down hard on that Japanese kid. I don't remember his name since he seemed like such a throwaway character, but one of the new "fake gundam" pilots blew up a party his girlfriend's parents were attending for no apparent reason (fucking lame) but it kills mumsy and takes off the girlie's hand (pretty sweet). Now his sister has been murdered while investigating Celestial Being, and with a background in engineering, I hope to God this kid becomes a Gundam killer. They've been building him up for the majority of the first stretch now, with almost no indication whatsoever concerning what his role will be.

I still like all of the American and HRL guys a shitload more than any of the Gundam league, but that's been par for the course for the great majority of Gundam shows anyways, and they've gotten plenty of airtime to prove their mettle since this thread died 3 months ago.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 04:13 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 05:13 PM #52 of 71
Is it getting any better or getting worse? Kinda lost interest and dropped the show after episode 10 or 11 (can't remember now). I've been hearing how it's supposed to have picked up immensely after episode 18 or 19.

Well, I guess I'll let it go....

Most amazing jew boots
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:11 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 10:11 AM #53 of 71
It's gotten better in the sense that it's just more interesting. Shit hits the fan and the Gundam pilots are taking a lot of bloody noses. It's a nice change of pace from Seed when they were all nigh indestructible because goddamn that could hurt model sales.

If they can keep up this momentum like they did in the first Seed without relying on plot lines from old series it'll be pretty good.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sonus
All hail the Campbell.

Member 24292

Level 3.83

Sep 2007

Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:17 PM #54 of 71
Getting better or worse is to be decided by which faction viewers are favoring more of.

Spoiler:
For the fans of the faction(s) in which the gundams work for, it's getting a little better with one group, but a little worse with the other.

For the earth based military faction fans, it's gotten much better.

However, I am starting to think the anime itself is getting a little worse. Spoiler time!

Spoiler:
The event to trigger some kind of climatic change in the struggles between gundam interventions and the earth based militaries was certainly needed. But the fact that the event became something stupid like, "Oh, we managed to get top secret information on engines that work like the gundams. Let's make our own gundams and kill their gundams. Haha, victory is mine!" LAME. BORING.

I guess in one sense it can be somewhat understandable that the playing field was balanced in this way. In the sense that the only scientist who was studying the gundams immensely had ended up dying by the Trinity group. But then again, it's an example of another flaw in the anime's story/plot. Why only one scientist working on learning how the gundams work? Why not a whole team of them? Why not a whole faction with some secret underground base experimenting and learning of not only the gundams, but perhaps even inventing new tech to outfit their faction's mobile suits? Could these 3 earth based groups have really been THAT preoccupied with each other's existence? Not even one window of oppurtunity(?) arose for people to think, "Wait, HRL (or whoever) have a guy working on understanding the gundams? We should kidnapp him! Or get our own research team! Or kill him!" But noo, it's ended up being, "God, if I can capture a gundam, I'd be god amongst my subordinates and peers! They'd all bow down to me!"

Don't view unless you saw the latest episode releases or don't care about spoilers!:
Also, Aeris dies two Trinity pilots die/are-severely-wounded.

The way the anime is progressing now makes me think it's going to end soon. It seems it's being buttered up for that "epic" finale that ends in certain kinds of revelations and realizations in which will end the conflicts and the need for mobile suits.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:55 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2008, 07:55 PM #55 of 71
The way the anime is progressing now makes me think it's going to end soon. It seems it's being buttered up for that "epic" finale that ends in certain kinds of revelations and realizations in which will end the conflicts and the need for mobile suits.
If I believe correctly, Sunrise, the studio that is producing Gundam 00 is doing what they did with Code Geass, that is to split up the series into two seasons. So in a sense Season 1/Part 1 is coming to a close and it will have its own 'finale' kind of setting (just as Code Geass' season 1/part 1 did). I'm told for Gundam 00 episode 25 or something is going to be last for this season, season 2/Part 2 will pick up in October.

Hence the reason why the series feels like it is coming to a climax finale episode. Although, honestly there are just so many loose ends at the moment, its simply way too early
Spoiler:
1) In a previous 00 episode, when Lockon goes to his parent's grave we were shown another Lockon-look alike, and in ep 23 in his final moments he mentions the world will be better for 'Lyra.' Needless to say, who is this guy and what role will he play will have to be answered.

2) Professor Aifman (sp?) of Union was close to realizing what CB's true aims where before he was promptly annihilated by the Thrones, and whatever Aifman stumbled upon we still weren't shown.

and, 3) Saji, his girlfriend only has one hand and his sister is now dead, surely he must serve some purpose other than to make us pour pity on him, I'm quite sure he'll have some pivotal role in the far future.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Yggdrasil; Mar 16, 2008 at 11:02 PM.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:29 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2008, 03:29 PM #56 of 71
He's the next Gundam Killer, I'm tellin ya.

Sonus:
Spoiler:
The three power blocs got the GN drives because of information disseminated from the cabal, or at least that's what I got out of it. It's still pretty lame that nobody at the highest levels seems to question how they got the information or why they all got it at the same time.

A finale would be the perfect vehicle for Saji's character development, since the break in seasons can also constitute a break in time. The show can start back up later in the future when he's an engineering marvel.

Commentary on ep 23:
Spoiler:
Lockon Stratos was the most well-adjusted Gundam pilot, so of course he ends up the first to die. I have very little reason to root for Gundams now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Bradylama; Mar 17, 2008 at 05:11 PM.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:37 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2008, 01:37 AM #57 of 71
Finale is out and... uh wow

Spoiler:

So whats-his-face finally comes out with his pimped out Flag, and also gets owned by Setsuna. But the events of the episode aside, simply the ending alone is a treasure trove of speculation.

- Livonze/Ribbons is now the shadowy mastermind of some new group, got himself some new lackeys too.

- Saji looks like he is on some kind of deep spacecraft. Possibly heading to Jupiter? the flashback episode showed that derelict ship in Jupiter's orbit, possibly we could see some kind of connection here.

- The princess's adviser evidently is leaving?

- Ali evidently isn't dead, nor is that Flag pilot (who is now masked, surprise there?). Both men seem incredibly pissed off.

- Tiera isn't dead (at least a Tiera look-a-like), and is now coworkers with Louise?

- There is evidently a new Gundam being created and is currently undergoing testing. Meanwhile we're shown the first gundam to field a GN drive (which sounds like its going to be brought back?)

- Neena is now evidently part of CB (for reals this time). And her eyes are multi-colored now too.

- Exia has been salvaged. I would have to wonder, does that mean Setsuna is alive and kicking around somewhere?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:57 AM #58 of 71
Hah! I so saw it coming.

About Graham:

Spoiler:
It was pretty obvious that he was going to wear a mask at some point. Throughout the whole series I kept thinking about how much he reminds me of Zechs Merquise from Gundam Wing. He has a pretty similiar personality and obsession with gundams, so this is pretty cool.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 01:04 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 12:04 PM #59 of 71
A tad disappointed how the final fight with the Flag turned out...

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 04:29 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 04:29 PM #60 of 71
A tad disappointed how the final fight with the Flag turned out...
I've got to disagree. For once, Bandai didn't insist that a new mobile suit get a bunch of face time to push model sales, and actually sent it in from the get-go for a bareknuckle robot brawl. This finale honestly exceeded all of my expectations, I never expected it to be this good.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sonus
All hail the Campbell.

Member 24292

Level 3.83

Sep 2007

Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:30 AM #61 of 71
I want to say the ending battle was good, but was also bad.

Spoiler:
The fight between Setsuna's Exia and Graham's Flag was just weird for me. Firstly, I guess it can be understandable that they can slice through each other so easily like that since they're both wielding similar level technology. But that does not change the fact that the gundams are made of better material than what the earthbound nations ever could know about. /flashback to first attempt to capture gundams. They couldn't saw open Kyrios' cockpit hatch.

Although, it may be debatable that because the armament tech was leveled enough that Graham's mobile suit had the power needed to slice through gundams.

Secondly, way too overly dramatic for me. Just that last fight sequence. "Oh yeah, you hit me? Well I hit you! Oh, another hit? Here's one from me!" God, that mechanic is soo overly used that it disgusts me now. Hey look, we are the evenly matched! lolololol!!!1111!

Thirdly, I want to say that fight sucked soo much because of the whole "we're on par with each other" idea. But then the entire series would be so lacking of that kind of detail if it didn't happen. We'd be back to the whole side B is greater than side A fact without any room to question the potentials of side A.

So, I don't know what to make of the ending. I just don't know!

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2009, 09:21 PM #62 of 71
Anyone else waiting for Menclave to get off their ass and start working on Gundam 00 again? They're 7 episodes behind already. ;_;

How ya doing, buddy?

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Feb 7, 2009, 09:55 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2009, 09:55 PM 1 #63 of 71
Menclave sounds secretly homosexual, maybe why they're... BEHIND!?

FELIPE NO
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2009, 04:06 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2009, 05:06 PM #64 of 71
Is the series supposed to wrap up at 52 episodes?

It's the only anime I've been watching, and it seems like there are a lot of loose ends to tie up.

Most amazing jew boots
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:21 PM #65 of 71
Pretty much every Gundam series ends up at around 50 episodes.

Season 1 was 25, so I would assume it be 50 as well for 00.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Miho
Chocobo

Member 13767

Level 12.83

Oct 2006

Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:22 PM #66 of 71
It's getting good. Looking forward to episode 19.

Most amazing jew boots
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:02 PM #67 of 71
What fansub are you using? Because I pretty much had it with mendoi, they're releasing stuff nobody gives a shit about and they're already 8 episodes behind.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:08 AM #68 of 71
S2 is being done as a joint project by gg and BSS under the tag gSS. They usually get it out about a day after the show airs and the subs are pretty good. I'd go with them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

#654: Braixen
Miho
Chocobo

Member 13767

Level 12.83

Oct 2006

Old Feb 18, 2009, 04:57 AM #69 of 71
What fansub are you using? Because I pretty much had it with mendoi, they're releasing stuff nobody gives a shit about and they're already 8 episodes behind.
Shinsen-Subs is excellent. They released episode 19 today. I'm about to watch it now.

Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:20 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2009, 08:20 AM #70 of 71
Is it worth watching the 2nd season?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:41 AM #71 of 71
If you liked the first one yeah. It's more of the same, though the tech wars aspect has been stepped up noticeably (I blame Geass for that shit), but not to the point where it'd make you want to bail out on the series.

Everyone is better save for Saji. He sucks a lot (more) this time around.

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam 00