Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Song of the Week - BATTLE 09 Voting/WEEK 73 Nominating

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 06:58 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 03:58 AM #26 of 50
http://sotw.info/

Also, I raped the Wiki with updates. Enjoy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:57 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 02:57 PM #27 of 50
1st: Civilization IV Official Soundtrack - Baba Yetu
2nd: BATEN KAITOS II: The First Wings and the Heirs of God Original Soundtrack - Deep Red Pastures
3rd: Anarchy Online Original Soundtrack Vol 02 - Shadowland Battle Music (Remix)

Chocolate Outline would be a close 4th. And some of those tracks never quite clicked wth me, like Fly! and already settled down...

So, another 2 weeks for my next nom? Great.

And not that I would like to add another week to it, but how about having Halloween week?

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 08:59 PM #28 of 50
Here are my votes. This Battle was a bit difficult for me as several tracks were fairly even in terms of quality.

(2 points) Civilization IV Official Soundtrack - Baba Yetu

(2 points) Anarchy Online Original Soundtrack Vol 02 - Shadowland Battle Music (Remix)

(2 points) 3rd GIG #Crescent - In Search of the Holy Sword -Seiken Densetsu-

Age of Mythology and ToBi D+VINE were pretty close to getting points.

"Tulla" from Arcanum is really quite nice. Hope it'll do better than my first Arcanum nomination.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Oct 21, 2006 at 08:18 AM.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:38 AM #29 of 50
Nom:

* Album Title: MapleStory (Game Rip)
* Track Title: Above the Treetops
* Composer: Wizet
* Source: http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=766673
* Year: 2003

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:00 PM #30 of 50
I think this is a first, at least for me: all my top picks from the past eight weeks made the battle (okay, I didn't vote for week 67, but In Search would have been my top choice anyway).

What does that mean? A deliciously enjoyable battle.

(3 points) Civilization IV Official Soundtrack - Baba Yetu: This thing is winning going away. Deserved too.

(1 point) Iridion 3D & II Arranged Soundtrack Perfect Selection - See The Sun Burn: Toying with giving this two points, but another song made me change my mind. See The Sun Burn is quite good, though -- reminds me of Huelsbeck's best work.

(1 point) ToBi D+VINE Complete Sound Track - Fly!: The beginning piano is dangerously close to Abba territory, but the song rights itself with bouncy synth work.

(1 point) BATEN KAITOS II: The First Wings and the Heirs of God Original Soundtrack - Deep Red Pastures: I was going to leave it off, but I'm warming back up to my initial impressions of the track, which were quite positive.

As for the rest:

The Acoustic's The Best Part Of A Great Thrash Song: 3rd GIG #Crescent - In Search of the Holy Sword -Seiken Densetsu-

And Speaking Of Good Acoustic Guitar: Age of Mythology Original Soundtrack - Chocolate Outline

Seven Minutes Giveth Points And Then Taketh Away: Anarchy Online Original Soundtrack Vol 02 - Shadowland Battle Music (Remix)

The Worst, And I Still Enjoy It: Scarlett OST - already settled down...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:22 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 07:22 PM #31 of 50
Quote:
but how about having Halloween week?
It's a great idea if you ask me. We'd just need some wacky-horror themed songs. If I'm not incorrect, in the 16 bit era there where some of them. It could be fun.

FELIPE NO
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 11:55 AM #32 of 50
It's probably past any deadline for such a theme week, that is, unless everybody doesn't mind it coming late. After the nomination explosion recently, It'd be a little difficult to pull together eight new nominators all with ideas for this with such short notice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 04:23 PM #33 of 50
I'm not up next week, but just thinking for 5 minutes I have 4 possible noms for a Halloween week. I am up in 2 weeks, and that's when Halloween is, so...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vexxon
Domine Kira

Member 13809

Level 4.85

Oct 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 03:35 PM #34 of 50
Quite an entertaining battle.

Age of Mythology Original Soundtrack - Chocolate Outline - : A more than decent track, but it never really clicked with me, for some reason. I think it was too indecisive for me to really appreciate.

Iridion 3D & II Arranged Soundtrack Perfect Selection - See The Sun Burn -
: A good track. It was my top pick last week, but that's not saying much considering I really didn't like most of the other songs. It might not even have recieved a point under other circumstances.

Anarchy Online Original Soundtrack Vol 02 - Shadowland Battle Music - : Very appealing to me. Although it would be moreso if the piano had gotten started well before it does (3:50 or so?). Overall, it just seems too long, but I still like it.

Civilization IV Official Soundtrack - Baba Yetu - : By far my favorite of the bunch. The uber harmonic vocals give me chills and the percussion is well implemented. I wouldn't have expected something like this from Civillization (tho, maybe that's because I've only played the first one...)

ToBi D+VINE Complete Sound Track - Fly! - : Like Chocolate Outline, good, but it never really stuck. I feel that the instrumentation could use a bit of work (although it certainly isn't horrible!), and that the melody needed a bit more oomph.

3rd GIG #Crescent - In Search of the Holy Sword -Seiken Densetsu- : I really liked this track when I first heard it. I still do. It is really the only track I like from 3rd GIG #Crescent... I only wish it had a richer bass going for it.

Scarlett OST - already settled down... - : It's a pretty interesting track, not the kind I usually go for. Despite this, I keep finding myself listening to it. The portion between 1:20 and 1:45 is my favorite, and I might have given this track a point if the entire song had been like that.

BATEN KAITOS II: The First Wings and the Heirs of God Original Soundtrack - Deep Red Pastures - : Just too... uh... I want to say ambient, but that's not it. Soft? Unfocussed? Something like that... Decent, but definately not great.

*~Point Distribution~*

(3 Points) Civilization IV Official Soundtrack - Baba Yetu
(2 Points) 3rd GIG #Crescent - In Search of the Holy Sword -Seiken Densetsu-
(1 Point) Anarchy Online Original Soundtrack Vol 02 - Shadowland Battle Music-

Edit: As to a Halloween week, I'd like that. I have a song from donkey kong 64 I'd like to use, but that might screw up the nomination queue a bit... maybe it'd be a good idea not to do it, after all.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Vexxon; Oct 21, 2006 at 04:41 PM.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 05:26 PM #35 of 50
A Halloween week could be fun. If we do have a Halloween week, there's another song in the series my current nomination is from that fits the theme. I'd be willing to push back my nomination if necessary.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 06:07 PM #36 of 50
Uzuki was pretty much right; it's a bit too late to do a Halloween week. Not that it's a horrible idea, but the nomination queue is quite full. You'd be hard pressed to get eight new nominations on top of the ones we already have. You'd be equally pressed to encourage them all to change their nominations, even if they did have an appropriate track, each.

However, it's not too late to consider a Christmas week. I'd be up for that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 04:48 PM #37 of 50
Yeah, we're definitely way too close to Halloween. Maybe next year, guys.

Christmas is certainly doable, however.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Vexxon
Domine Kira

Member 13809

Level 4.85

Oct 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 06:42 PM #38 of 50
How do you do a christmas theme, though? Halloween = Horror, but what is Christmas? Hymns? Jingle Bells? Happy Fluffy Music? I don't think that would work at all.

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:03 PM #39 of 50
Oh believe me, there's Christmas-related VGM out there. You may have to dig a little, but it exists.

FELIPE NO
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:16 PM #40 of 50
I think a Christmas-themed SoTW might hit the spot pretty well. I've got dozens of snowy-type tracks that could qualify

Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:56 PM #41 of 50
I wouldn't mind delaying my nom a week if people want to do the Halloween thing.

KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 09:20 PM #42 of 50
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
Oh believe me, there's Christmas-related VGM out there. You may have to dig a little, but it exists.
Might be easier to find tracks if we just did a "winter" theme week.

"A Snowscape" FTW!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 09:47 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 10:47 AM #43 of 50
Yeah, I think a "Winter" themed week would be a bit easier to nominate stuff though Christmas week is more festive. In any case, I've got one winter nomination I've been saving for December.

By the way, a big thank you for all your nominations! Haven't seen the nomination queue this full in a while.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Elorin; Oct 21, 2006 at 10:21 PM.
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:44 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 05:44 AM #44 of 50
I thought we could have it on the week starting Monday 30th, but come to think of it, it would be a bit late, yes. And there are quite enough nominations as it is. Maybe next year then.

I'm up for a Christmas or winter theme, and I think I got just the thing.

Just the other day, I was thinking about how we could have more theme weeks on SotW. How about holding one each month or every 6 weeks? And maybe make up a different set of rules for theme participants, and poll people for the next theme they'd like to see.

I'd personally like to see a "decisive battle themes" week or a "peaceful town themes" week someday. =)

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:32 PM #45 of 50
I'd really rather not inundate SotW with too many theme weeks. I feel like it would force people into finding tracks that fill a niche instead of just submitting the best stuff they have.

Within one calendar year, I feel that there really shouldn't be more than 3 theme weeks overall. We already had Percussion Week and Follin Week this year. If we do Christmas, that'd be 3.

Then we should hold off until at least March before having another.

Most amazing jew boots
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 03:29 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 01:29 AM #46 of 50
I have to agree with Crash that we shouldn't do theme weeks very often. I'd be okay with more than three per year, but I'd say at the very minimum there should be at least an eight-week gap in between them, that is, one Battle group.

I was actually writing up a document on theme weeks for the wiki a little while ago: theory, execution, etc. I should probably finish that up.

Double Post:
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [36] Civilization IV Official Soundtrack - Baba Yetu
2). [17] ToBi D+VINE Complete Sound Track - Fly! (arranged by Norihiro Furukawa)
3). [14] 3rd GIG #Crescent - In Search of the Holy Sword -Seiken Densetsu-
4). [13] BATEN KAITOS II: The First Wings and the Heirs of God Original Soundtrack - Deep Red Pastures
5). [11] Scarlett OST - already settled down...
6). [10] Anarchy Online Original Soundtrack Vol 02 - Shadowland Battle Music (Remix)
7). [7] Age of Mythology Original Soundtrack - Chocolate Outline
8). [6] Iridion 3D & II Arranged Soundtrack Perfect Selection - See The Sun Burn

Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Oct 22, 2006 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 12:37 AM #47 of 50
FYI, if y'all are planning on a Christmas week, we've already done Chocobo's Happy Christmas from Chocobo's Dungeon 2 OST. >_>

Also...

BABA YETU BABA YETU BABA YETU BABA YETU BABA YETU BABA YETU BABA YETU

FELIPE NO
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:24 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 12:24 AM #48 of 50
Wow, what overwhelming response for first place! Can't say I'm surprised, though.

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:20 PM #49 of 50
I'm very satisfied to have taken 2nd place next to a track like Baba Yetu. I really had no expectation of winning this Battle, so a Silver for Fly! is a-okay.

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 02:25 PM #50 of 50
I forgot to get around to voting, but my points probably would have all gone to the top three anyhow. Glad to see these results as they are.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Song of the Week - BATTLE 09 Voting/WEEK 73 Nominating