Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] NHL 2009-10 season discussion

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2009, 06:49 PM #1 of 3
NHL 2009-10 season discussion

Well everybody, the book is closed on another hockey season. I have no reason to complain/worry about the Penguins for another decade. The draft is done (the Islanders won't go higher than third in the division, it's like AL East in the Atlantic), and free agency began today.

I have to say, I like what the Chicago Blackhawks are doing. Today they added Marian Hossa (who I no longer have no ill will towards after what I said last year) and Tomas Kopecky. Add that to another year of maturity for Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp and another year of being together for a blueline that won't be touched much by free agency, and I really think the Blackhawks will be in the mix for the Cup again next year.

The team that worries me most right now is Boston. That heralded offensive depth and firepower they had last year will be tested this year, as they've got a lot of young RFAs to worry about, including Phil Kessel and David Krejci. It'll be interesting to watch them in the next few weeks and months to see where they plan to go.

The Sedin twins both re-signed with Vancouver, which is great for that franchise.

As for Pittsburgh...they can't do much. They're just trying to fill a couple gaps (Hal Gill has left for Montreal, Bill Guerin re-signed) and hope they can pay to keep Rob Scuderi.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2009, 02:13 AM #2 of 3
Living right outside Philadelphia, everyone here is still buzzing over Chris Pronger and Ray Emery coming to the team. While I appreciate how good Pronger is, I'm not sure what they gave up for him is/was worth it. Ray Emery has potential to be great, if he can keep himself in check. I don't see them taking the cup this year, but maybe doing a little better then they did in this past years playoffs.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:28 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2009, 04:28 AM #3 of 3
Here's a question. As a Philly fan are you now going to cheer for Pronger? Did you cheer him before? He's a fairly polarizing player to me and I likely wouldn't cheer him even if he was playing for us, TBH.

The Sedins resigning is great, but without much new stuff in the way of offense we're just stuck with big contracts and no real improvement. Unfortunate, really. But not as bad as Colorado seems...

It seems like the Northwest may be like the Pacific of yesteryear. I'm just glad we're in a position of strength rather than weakness.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] NHL 2009-10 season discussion