Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Sharing my topic with the outside world

GhaleonQ
Holy Paladin Fencer *snickers*

Member 20358

Level 16.99

Feb 2007

Old Sep 6, 2009, 04:45 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2009, 03:45 AM #1 of 7
Sharing my topic with the outside world

Hi, GhaleonQ, here. I'm posting Love-De-Lic and company's music with the help of some others here. I'm posting Nico Nico Douga videos to Youtube in order to educate people about the companies. I'd like to include a link to my Love-De-Lic topic, but I wanted to make sure that's okay.

Some fora are REALLY hostile to either outside links or new people registering, downloading stuff, and leaving. May I post a direct topic link in my Youtube videos, or is that frowned on? If it's not allowed, is there a "read-only"-style link, so people can get my soundtracks without downloading from others?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:39 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2009, 11:39 PM 1 #2 of 7
Nearly three-quarters of all of the members on this forum consist of zero-posters. So long as any new registrees come here and aren't posting like dumbasses for the sole purpose of upping their postcount to, for example, get access to Kataah's gamerips, then it shouldn't be a problem.

In all honesty (and I wish I wouldn't be this blunt, but I have to be), nobody really cares if anybody registers, downloads stuff and then leaves without making a single post. It's when people post and they disrupt the other areas of the board in the process that it becomes an issue and to the point where we start having to ban/infract people (I do the same inside My Stuff occasionally, but that's only if a person is seriously lacking common sense and/or they have the general intelligence level equivalent to or lower than that of a Final Fantasy Shriner).

If you really wanted to, however, you could save your topic to your hard drive as a webpage and upload that and its contents to your webspace, and post a link to that on your YouTube videos, so that people wouldn't be forced to register just to see your thread. Again, I don't think it matters either way, but it's completely fine with me however you want to do it.

I should note that, because My Stuff is the only board I moderate, if any super moderator or administrator decides to comment here, their words pretty much override mine.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:43 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2009, 01:43 PM 1 #3 of 7
I don't think the mods would really care. It's not like they're currently swamped with misbehaving posters.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:46 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2009, 11:46 PM 1 #4 of 7
Alternatively, if you post it in your journal, and don't ban guests, you'd have the easy place to update your links and no one would be forced to sign up to get access to a thread.

Then again, some new members might be a good thing, but I dunno how much we want the average youtuber.

On the other hand, considering the subject matter, I'm not sure that's something we might have to deal with.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Sep 7, 2009 at 12:50 AM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 7, 2009, 01:03 AM 1 #5 of 7
I find the sort of behavior you mentioned annoying only in new members who have no sense of commitment to these boards. And also, Tommy Tallarico.

Whereas you've been here for a while, GhaleonQ. You've put in and it's fair that maybe you get something out of your time here.

So yeah, do what you gotta do. It's loosely related to the themes of this site; it's within the realm of discussion.

Originally Posted by Bigblah
I don't think the mods would really care. It's not like they're currently swamped with misbehaving posters.
Also, this.

I was speaking idiomatically.
GhaleonQ
Holy Paladin Fencer *snickers*

Member 20358

Level 16.99

Feb 2007

Old Sep 7, 2009, 03:25 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2009, 02:25 AM #6 of 7
Thanks, all, for the sound advice. The GamingForce community is 1 of the kindest I've ever joined, so I figured I could do so. I'm sure you all know power-tripping moderators who prefer marking off their territory, though.

Have a nice week, everyone.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2009, 09:39 AM #7 of 7
I'm sure you all know power-tripping moderators who prefer marking off their territory, though.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Sharing my topic with the outside world