Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Getting Your Food Order Wrong

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 12:49 PM #1 of 43
Getting Your Food Order Wrong

So you go into Burger Hut and ask for the number three. You get to the end of the line, people get their orders, and you get the number one and you stand there wondering how the hell the guy got 'one' and 'three' confused.

How do you handle messed up food orders? Do you yell at the guy to get your order changed? Do you timidly ask if there was a misunderstanding? Or do you say nothing and just think it's an oppotune culinary change of pace?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 08:24 PM #2 of 43
i usually stare at it looking confused and wondering if i'd ordered it while thinking of something else, before informing them politely that they'd mixed up my order.

whereas my cousin is completely different, i know she'd demand for the correct order AND try to get a refund and also demand to see the manager if it reaches that. but then she's a lawyer ^^;;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:39 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 08:39 PM #3 of 43
I'll just go back to the counter and ask why my food's taking so long and save the poor sod the embarassment of realising he's the one who fucked up.

Most amazing jew boots
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:59 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:59 PM #4 of 43
When I was at Taco Bell last night, they forgot to give me sour cream, but I didn't realize it until I got home.

At least they didn't forget my Quesadillas though. I'd be pissed then.

Generally, I'm pretty sympathetic when they fuck up my order, but that's mostly because I don' like dealing with assholes when my employees fuck up other people's orders at my job. As long as I get what I want in the end without wasting much of my time, I'm generally cool.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by JasonTerminator; May 17, 2006 at 04:02 PM.
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:05 PM #5 of 43
Just tell them politely that you got the wrong order by mistake. I don't know why someone would get mad over such a small thing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:13 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 03:13 PM #6 of 43
I'll usually be polite about it the first time, but if they continue to mess it up after that (which, I don't see how anyone can mess up an order more than once, yet it has happened to me plenty of times), I'll usually get a little angry.

I remember about a month ago me and my mom were at Burger King, and there was this retarded guy behind the counter. He had assured us that our order was right, but when we sat down to eat it we saw that he had given my mom fries when she had ordered onion rings, and he had given me the completely wrong burger. I point this out specifically because it really was a retarded guy behind the counter (he looked and talked like a retarded person), and by the way the other employees were talking, it seemed like this was common for him. I really don't see why they just don't fire him. It wouldn't really be discrimination, since he really can't do the job right.

Another thing about these things though, I can't believe that they have to throw the food out when they mess up an order. I don't know the number of times I've seen perfectly good food just thrown in the trash, all just because they messed up someone's order. I understand it's for health reasons or whatever, but couldn't they at least ask the person if they want the food anyway instead of just throwing it away? It could be a way of apologizing for making the mistake in the first place, and it wouldn't be just a waste of food.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 02:26 PM #7 of 43
I know from experience that it's very, very, very, VERY difficult to fire employees with mental disorders. Most people would rather deal with the few complaints they get rather than go through the long process of termination.

FELIPE NO
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:33 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:33 PM #8 of 43
I love when peoples orders get fucked up. I work as a dishwasher in a resteraunt, and say someone didn't get the right steak, guess where it goes... to me No one gets pissed if you tell them your order is wrong

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:38 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:38 PM #9 of 43
The worst is when a pizza delivery place gets your order wrong. See, I'm a vegetarian, and that's not for ethical reasons, or even health reasons. I really don't like the taste of meat, in general. When the pizza place accidentally send me a meat pizza, that's just no good to me at all. After so long not eating the stuff, I'd probably not keep it down even if I tried.

These days, I make the guy wait until I open the lid. They don't like that, but it's the only way to be sure, since I've had an accidental meat pizza delivered to me before. If I find out when the guy already left, that's me out of pocket, and with a pizza that I won't eat.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:22 PM #10 of 43
I'm a really picky eater so I ALWAY insist on them getting it right. In their defense, I usually have a laundry list of specials (I want the number 4 with no cheese, no mayo, extra ketchup, grilled onions and curly fries instead of normal fries). But because I'm such a picky eater, if they mess up one aspect of it, I insist they get it right. And then worry if they spit in my food.

I hate it the most when you order it to go, take it home and find out they got it wrong. Then you debate whether or not to drive the 5 miles back to the resturant or feed it to the dog and eat cup ramen for the night.

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:18 AM #11 of 43
I just say tell them my order is wrong. No need to get upset
We all make mistakes once in a while.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:41 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 09:41 AM #12 of 43
Originally Posted by Soluzar
The worst is when a pizza delivery place gets your order wrong. See, I'm a vegetarian, and that's not for ethical reasons, or even health reasons. I really don't like the taste of meat, in general. When the pizza place accidentally send me a meat pizza, that's just no good to me at all. After so long not eating the stuff, I'd probably not keep it down even if I tried.

These days, I make the guy wait until I open the lid. They don't like that, but it's the only way to be sure, since I've had an accidental meat pizza delivered to me before. If I find out when the guy already left, that's me out of pocket, and with a pizza that I won't eat.
should call them back and complain then, my sister did that once when they gave her BBQ sauce with the potato wedges instead of sour cream and chive like she had asked and stated about 3 times when ordering over the phone. so this poor guy had to come round again to deliver a little pot of sour cream and chive sauce XD

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:57 AM #13 of 43
I'd usually go back and tell them they got it wrong. Even if it's take out, my parents make me verify that everything is correct before we leave. If it's a simple mistake like forgetting the bacon on my "Big Bacon Classic" at Wendy's, then i'd just give it back, they'd toss the bacon on, i'd leave happy. But if the order itself is completely wrong, then maybe i'd have a hissy fit about it. They were the one's taking my order, they should've been listening. And usually I say things very clearly and try not to be such an ass while ordering. I don't want to be one of those people who people bitch about on message boards. <_<

Other than that, it would be an honest mistake and I wouldn't get too mad about it. Everyone makes mistakes, so why worry about it?

Most amazing jew boots
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:12 AM #14 of 43
I usually calmly tell them that it's not what I order. I had this almost happen to me last Sunday. The waitress came around with food that didn't look anything like what we ordered. Luckily she asked if we order it before setting it down.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:26 AM #15 of 43
I never get mad but I definitely let them know. My thing is, I really try not to be too picky, and if it's something I can take off myself (tomatoes, for example) I won't order it special. But I HATE mayonnaise. The only time I get mad is when I check my burger and you can tell that there used to be mayo on it, but some numbskull tried to wipe it off, hoping I wouldn't notice.

Nice try, dipshit.

FELIPE NO
EB64
Local Smeghead

Member 348

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 10:49 AM #16 of 43
My family will usually have patience with wrong orders.
Except at Hardees(Carl Jr.s to you southerners).

I swear, those places are required to hire the dregs of human existance...
ANY Hardees I've eaten at, they usually screw up at least part of the order.

Not to mention the time it took well over 45 min. to get our order way back when they had that stint of selling chicken(like KFC chicken) because of various screw ups on their end...

EDIT:
Oh yea. And it's AMAZING how a place can give you the wrong drink AND take 5 min to get your order when you're the ONLY one in the drive through. lol

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 06:12 PM #17 of 43
Originally Posted by xuemin
should call them back and complain then, my sister did that once when they gave her BBQ sauce with the potato wedges instead of sour cream and chive like she had asked and stated about 3 times when ordering over the phone. so this poor guy had to come round again to deliver a little pot of sour cream and chive sauce XD
I guess, but I'm usually with someone else who would have eaten a vegetable pizza but will always eat meat..

At that point, I'm not really in the mood for pizza, myself.

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:19 PM #18 of 43
I usually try to be polite, go back and calmly tell them that my food has been taking a rather long time or that they got it wrong. I find the more polite you are, the more free stuff they'll give you because they fucked up.

Baaah~
Arienas
Halsey <3

Member 1626

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:38 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 11:38 AM #19 of 43
Originally Posted by EB64
My family will usually have patience with wrong orders.
Except at Hardees(Carl Jr.s to you southerners).

I swear, those places are required to hire the dregs of human existance...
ANY Hardees I've eaten at, they usually screw up at least part of the order.
I used to work at Hardees. Thanks a bunch : D

The problem with Hardees isn't in the people working there. About 90% of the time, orders are wrong because of the customer or problems in communication. Often times people would drive up in monstrous diesel trucks and not turn their engine off. The drive through microphone can't block out the sound of an engine that loud.

The order screens were always fucked up. At McDonalds, there's a simple screen that lets you press buttons to take off or add on certain topping. At Hardees, the touch screens constantly froze up, and adding or subtracting toppings required going through 4 or 5 different menus. No matter how small the order, I always repeated it back to them before they paid. It never failed that at least once a day, I'd have someone come back up and say, "ma'am, I didn't want mayo on this." etc.

Just a tip if you want your orders to be correct more often: Order slowly. Most cashiers can get one person's order, but if you're ordering for 3 or 4 different people and each order has a different soda, sandwhich, topping, etc., make sure you leave some time for the cashier to get it all down.

Also, the name doesn't nessicarily change according the region. The Hardees I worked at was in Arkansas and there are still plenty in Texas.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Arienas; May 18, 2006 at 12:47 PM.
EB64
Local Smeghead

Member 348

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:08 PM #20 of 43
I mentioned Carl Jr. because, on another forum, I brought up the name "Hardees" and everyone was all "Huh? What's that?"

I can forgive if the order is complicated and all, but you gotta admit that it's pretty sad they can screw up "1 large Coke" for "1 large Dr. Pepper"...

Arienas
Halsey <3

Member 1626

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:17 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:17 PM #21 of 43
It's not sad--it's understandable. I've actually done that before. The manager was bitching at me and a cooking timer was going off at the same time. The customer tapped on the glass, showed me the reciept, and I fixed it.

The over looked part of fast food is that there're multiple things going on other than your order, even when it doesn't seem that busy. It's not always stupid kids sitting around waiting for an order to fuck up.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:21 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 10:21 AM #22 of 43
I simply point out their error without getting angry about it. I've had to work in a retail environment before, so I understand that sometimes the cashier makes mistakes. Rather than make the situation tense by acting hostile, I usually stay calm.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 02:09 PM #23 of 43
Originally Posted by EB64
I mentioned Carl Jr. because, on another forum, I brought up the name "Hardees" and everyone was all "Huh? What's that?"

I can forgive if the order is complicated and all, but you gotta admit that it's pretty sad they can screw up "1 large Coke" for "1 large Dr. Pepper"...
I think Carl Jr.'s is a West Coast thing, not a southern one.

FELIPE NO
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:09 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 11:09 PM #24 of 43
Originally Posted by Arienas
I used to work at Hardees. Thanks a bunch : D

The problem with Hardees isn't in the people working there. About 90% of the time, orders are wrong because of the customer or problems in communication.
You know what though? Part of the deal about working in the fast food industry is that the statement you made isn't true. Getting an order wrong is always your fault. Even when it isn't. If you don't accept that, then your customer will go elsewhere. I'm never rude about orders that got screwed up, but the first time a cashier tells me that it was my own fault is the last. I'll insist on seeing his manager, and I won't ever return to that place again.

I never get angry with a cashier in any establishment for making a mistake, but I expect to be treated with courtesy as long as I treat them in the same way. It's the same in retail. I have dealt with the most egregious assholes across the counter in a retail store, but I would never stoop to their level. Even if they decide to actually be rude to me, then it's my job to be nice to them. The only time that changes is if they break the rules by being violent, or personally abusive.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Soluzar; May 18, 2006 at 05:13 PM.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:37 PM #25 of 43
Soluzar, we finally agree on something! I have worked in a restaurant, too, and I can tell you that at the place I worked, the old-fashioned rule that "the customer is always right" still stood. If an employee didn't like that policy, they'd be shown the door in a hurry.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Getting Your Food Order Wrong