Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Project Cloverfield a.k.a The JJ Abrams trailer before Transformers starts.

Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:34 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 09:34 PM #76 of 187
It's possible the monster will have parasite children or minions, which would make sense for the underground subway chase.
Cthulhi, I can only hope.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:46 PM 1 #77 of 187
You know, I haven't thought of this film until yesterday (I saw the preview at Transformers and must've forgot about it ) but they're are a lot of peculiar things in this film's marketing, especially the Slusho! site. Oddly enough, even though other sites like "Evan Haas was Right" were immediately shot debunked by JJ Abrams, Slusho! remains active. Add that to the fact that the main character (Evan) is wearing a Slusho! shirt in the trailer, and the site being registered just one day before the Transformers premier, it does serve as a definite reference point.

Lots of kooky stuff on the site, but if you look at the company history section, you get the following:
Originally Posted by Slusho.jp
Slusho! story is of magic and triumph!

Noriko Yoshida dedicated her life to Refreshment! Her classmates called her the Smallest Whale because she would drink endless amounts of beverages at every meal.

Truth was Noriko loved libations so much, and drank so much, she did not join while the other children opened their fun, she rather experimented with flavor mixtures - combining different fruits, vegetables and other ingredients naturally grown from her father's (Ryouta Yoshida) farm to make great new beverages.

Her deliciousness made her loved throughout many towns and villages of Honshu.

And Every year she would try to beat herself by coming up with a new flavor mixture, so unique to anything else - she was never satisfied!

But tragedy struck for the Smallest Whale! Noriko set off on a sea adventure to find the greatest, tastiest ingredient to the world, and was never heard from again!

She left behind her only son, Ganu! Ganu also liked to experiment, but not with the beverage-making enterprise that killed his mother, but for science!

He abandoned his mother's drink business to his cousin because the pain of her loss was so great with every flavor mixture Ganu attempted. Truth is that he became a lead ocean scientist. His accomplishments are many, he is very big.

And one fateful day, he and his teammates discovered a deep sea ingredient unique to anything else!!! While the team pondered miraculous ways to use it, Ganu had the best idea of all!! Because that night he had a dream - he was a tiny fish, and a whale came and told him to drink the new ingredient. And as he did drink lots and lots of the ingredient, Ganu grew from a small fish into an enormous whale!!! He woke up with tears, he knew he had found the magic ingredient Noriko had set off to find!

He decided the would make his mother's dream live - make the tastiest drink, unlike anything on earth! Because the ingredient was discovered on the deep ocean floor, under amazing pressure and in the most extreme cold, Ganu knew he had to serve the ingredient in a near-frozen state to preserve its freshness!!

He re-joined with his cousin, and combining the incredible drink-making knowledge of Noriko's business with the new ingredient, SLUSHO! came to life!!!!!

Everyone who drinks SLUSHO! tastes Noriko's dream, and becomes a small whale like Noriko - because you want to drink large amounts of SLUSHO!

YOU CAN'T DRINK JUST SIX!!!
If that's not a monster movie plot, I don't know what is! It's hard to tell exactly what it means, but a mad scientist peddling soft drinks is almost certainly involved. The special ingredient is identified as "Sea Nectar", and though it may just be a throw-away word on the site, take a look at 1-18-08.com.

There's one picture that doesn't seem to fit in with the rest, or have a time stamp: the Asian man with the pan of food. If you look on the back, there's some kanji that translates to the following:

Originally Posted by 1-18-08
Thank you for checking us out! We are Introducing this week's tasty one dish. Make sure you eat it cold!

Skinless chicken breast - 2, cut in halves Sōmen noodles - 10 oz. Watercress - 1/2 cup cut into small strips Turnip - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced Shiitake Mushrooms - 1/2 cup Chicken stock - 1/3 cup Sake - 2 tbsp. Sugar - 1/2 tsp. Deep Sea Nectar - 1 pinch

In a small saucepan, stir together 1/3 cup water, chicken stock, sake, and sugar. Chill it until it becomes cold. Grill the chicken breast on both sides for about 8 minutes, and then chill. Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes, and then run under cold water until chilled. Mix the watercress, radish, and mushrooms into the sōmen. Slice the chicken thinly and arrange on top of the sōmen mix. Just before you serve, put the deep sea nectar in the sauce and pour over the noodles generously.

Go Go Delicious Chef!
Sea Nectar again. Not only that, but the picture will take you to a special website of a fictional company called TAGRUATO, which, according to the Slusho! site, is it's parent corporation.

What does all this mean? I have no idea! But one thing's for sure, if Slusho! *is* involved at all, and not just a marketing ploy, the creature is most likely water-based. Giant crab, a turtle, some aquatic primordial reptile, whatever.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 06:28 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 04:28 PM #78 of 187
I don't know if you guys know this but you can watch the first five minutes of the movie here.

Also, this image has been cleaned up a bit and here's what became of it:

It definitely looks like some sort of Godzilla-esque creature going there.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:06 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 11:06 PM #79 of 187
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7...4222119aw2.jpg
It's possible the monster will have parasite children or minions, which would make sense for the underground subway chase. My gut is telling me that it's just a trick of the light, though, and the film will be used to talk about the way the military reacts to an unknown invading force. (Quarantine, by choice or by force!)
Man, I just caught that today too. The girl in the silhouette and the 2 guys in radiation suits, or something, trying retrain her. I don't think that's a trick of the light, man, that defintiely is messed up! I mean, the girl is even screaming. Now I'm really anxious to see this movie!

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:19 AM #80 of 187
I really hope it will not be Godzilla, I think it would be lame to have all that hype and mystery only to end up being "Godzilla 2 the movie" >.>

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 01:05 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 10:05 PM #81 of 187
This movie looks like it's gonna be the shit. It great to see that the whole thing is indeed filmed amateur-style and it wasn't just the trailer. It really makes it all seem real. With this and Dark Knight right around the corner, 2008's shaping up to be a great year for movies.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 01:56 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 11:56 PM #82 of 187
Dude that 5 minute widget is fucking crazy. Crazier than shit.

Please be Cthulhu.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 03:39 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2007, 03:39 AM #83 of 187
I really hope it will not be Godzilla, I think it would be lame to have all that hype and mystery only to end up being "Godzilla 2 the movie" >.>
The monster obviously has wings, from the little .gif that Divest posted.

So any fear that it's Godzilla is blown out the window.

It's been stated several times taht this monster is supposed to be original, nothing from lore or any other movies...so it should be intersting to see what exactly it is. It does seem quite reptillian, that is for sure.

How ya doing, buddy?
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:24 AM #84 of 187
The monster obviously has wings, from the little .gif that Divest posted.

So any fear that it's Godzilla is blown out the window.

It's been stated several times taht this monster is supposed to be original, nothing from lore or any other movies...so it should be intersting to see what exactly it is. It does seem quite reptillian, that is for sure.
Wings??... I don't see any wings. Perhaps you're hoping to see wing. Anyway, a more solid fact that it isn't Godzilla is that there are no spikes on the monster's back.

Sceptre X
\usr\bin\sceptrex

Member 16350

Level 11.01

Dec 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:39 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2007, 10:39 AM #85 of 187
I want to see this movie to friggin bad. I wet my pants when I saw the trailer at Beowulf.

Most amazing jew boots
It turns out that today is opposite day, so all of what you have said is true, so you should probably just go.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 03:08 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2007, 03:08 PM #86 of 187
Wings??... I don't see any wings. Perhaps you're hoping to see wing. Anyway, a more solid fact that it isn't Godzilla is that there are no spikes on the monster's back.
If you look at the creature's back, there are two curved apendages coming out from his back. Maybe 'wings' isn't the proper word...mainly because they are definately too small to actually have the beast fly.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 01:30 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 11:30 AM #87 of 187
If that's not a monster movie plot, I don't know what is! It's hard to tell exactly what it means, but a mad scientist peddling soft drinks is almost certainly involved. The special ingredient is identified as "Sea Nectar", and though it may just be a throw-away word on the site, take a look at 1-18-08.com.

So this movie is the Stuff 2?

That little animated gif is very blurry and there really isn't anything there to indicate wings. For all we know it could be a carapace of some sort. Either way I kind of hope that they don't show too much of the monster as it was pretty freaky watching that clip not knowing what was going on.

How much do you want to bet that some people will be crying 9/11 once this movie comes out?

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 02:39 PM #88 of 187
I downloaded a hd version of the PSN network. Looks really good. So far me a few friends started to criticize it already. Calling it a prequel to I am Legend XD. I was legend Well? It does =/.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 03:04 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 01:04 PM 1 #89 of 187
It's actually Rampage, the movie adaptation.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to spoil it for you.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 03:33 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 03:33 PM #90 of 187

That's already been done. Godzilla vs. King Kong anyone?

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 03:57 PM #91 of 187

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Megalith; Dec 16, 2007 at 04:06 PM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 03:59 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 02:59 PM #92 of 187
Aw man, I think Divest is right. The connections are there... Kinda wish I had known that, as it takes away the suspense now, especially if it does turn out to be fact.
  • Cloverfield is a level in the game.
  • Slusho's a drink that turned people into monsters in the game. In the trailer we see the girl changing/mutating
  • Apparently in the game 6 sodas were forgotten by the project leader, on the Slusho site it says you can't drink just 6.
YouTube - 1-18-08 (cloverfield) Rampage Theory

Most amazing jew boots
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:10 PM #93 of 187
[QUOTE=Hantei;552481][*]Slusho's a drink that turned people into monsters in the game. In the trailer we see the girl changing/mutating
QUOTE]

Which trialer was that? I don't remember seeing it.

I was speaking idiomatically.

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:37 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 03:37 PM #94 of 187
It's in the new one, well not that new, that was shown during the previews to Beowulf. It's mentioned in my previous post on this page quoting Skexis' post.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 07:03 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 05:03 PM #95 of 187
What if they don't even show the monster at all? Wouldn't that be a huge disappointment. HAHAH. But this reminds me of American Godzilla (GINO). Everyone was so hyped to see how he looked since he wasn't shown in the trailers but a lot of people were disappointed. But this is a bit different, there's no name for the monster so there's no way for anyone to anticipate what kind of monster it'll be.
There's a big difference:

First, we KNEW it was Godzilla, we just didn't get an idea of how it would be until the movie came out. The marketing, if you might remember, was focused on how big it was in real life (Such as hoisting up a picture of its eye however many stories high in NYC), where as in this movie, we don't even have any conclusive idea of WHAT it is.

Only things we know so far for sure:
1. Its big
2. Its Powerful
3. Its Alive ()

I am really looking forward to this next month. While I really hope it would be Cthulhu, its probably not going to be based on anything in existing media, as J.J.Abrams did say he wanted something original. I wanna know more secrets and tidbits, but at the same time, I kinda wanna go into the movie not knowing anything else.

FELIPE NO
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 07:05 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 07:05 PM #96 of 187
Now that I think about it, it's just going to be a live action, CG Barney episode.

Big purple dinosaur ftl

How ya doing, buddy?
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Dec 16, 2007, 07:46 PM #97 of 187
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
So this movie is the Stuff 2?
This January... get ready for stuff.

"Oh my God... It's... it's..!"

"What? What is it!?"

"STUFF!"

"Wrong... it's MORE STUFF! More than last time!!"

"But I thought we destroyed all that stuff!"

"No... this is different. Different stuff."

"Oh m-aggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

1-18-08 - Stuff 2: Stuff Happens.

Originally Posted by Divest

That'd be pretty awesome actually. So I guess the monster is Lizzy? Can't be George or Ralph, not hairy enough. And there has to be a scene where it punches through a building, eats a cactus, and spits it out comically.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 08:09 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 06:09 PM #98 of 187
This January... get ready for stuff.

"Oh my God... It's... it's..!"

"What? What is it!?"

"STUFF!"

"Wrong... it's MORE STUFF! More than last time!!"

"But I thought we destroyed all that stuff!"

"No... this is different. Different stuff."

"Oh m-aggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

1-18-08 - Stuff 2: Stuff Happens.
YouTube Video

Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old Dec 17, 2007, 03:05 AM #99 of 187
I don't know if you guys know this but you can watch the first five minutes of the movie here.

Thats a Brumak, or even General RAAM.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 04:35 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 03:35 AM #100 of 187

Yeah. You can see the two hind legs there for sure. A sucked in stomach and the lower chest area of whatever it is. Perhaps a fin on its back as well. Crazy. Thanks for the clean to whoever did that.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Project Cloverfield a.k.a The JJ Abrams trailer before Transformers starts.