Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 08:27 AM #1201 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Hell yeah man that game was fucking awesome!!! I love its abysmal, game-destroying glitches and shitty faux-JRPG plot about saving a magic princess and fighting god. Sega obviously realized that beta testing is for faggots

Wow.. As much as I'm still a sonic fan, that was just pure cheese. I heard Sonic Wildfire (Secret of the Rings) will suck as well. I guess I'll just stick with MS:Anthology then.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by chato; Dec 17, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 02:58 PM #1202 of 1323
Hell yeah man that game was fucking awesome!!! I love its abysmal, game-destroying glitches and shitty faux-JRPG plot about saving a magic princess and fighting god. Sega obviously realized that beta testing is for faggots and the result is an outstanding, legendary game right up there with Legend of Zelda!!! I mean, going through walls and floors... NO EXPERIENCE CAN BEAT THAT AT ALL!!! This game isn't completely fucking broken and unfinished, no sir!!! What?! What do you mean I'm a fanboy in denial about how shitlousy this game is?!? SCREW YOU, HATER!!!

Sonic is dead to me. I'm sure he is to many others as well, and rightfully so; I am deeply against his being in this game. I mean, Nintendo should have a standard of quality when trying to select characters to put in this game. All the characters in this game come from great, timeless franchises that at their worst, are still marginally decent. Sonic however, appeals to a very niche audience and is marred by an immense number of shit titles staining his brand. It's pathetic, his titles struggle to keep their score above a 3 out of 10, whereas Mario and Zelda titles get, what, 8s at their worst?

Picture this game like a fancy ballroom party with Nintendo as the bouncer. All the high-class superstars from Nintendo's quality game franchises are lovingly ushered in...then this washed-up, psychotic maladroit hedgehog shows up. He reeks of his own excrement and is covered in rum and pubes. And because he's followed by a gigantic torch-wielding lynch mob of his fursuit-clad fans, they should let him in? Think about that. It's not really fair. Why should the other star characters have to sit next to this utter and complete loser? He hasn't had a decent fucking game for the better part of a decade and you should really open your goddamn eyes to that.

The more I think about the less I want Sonic to be in this game. Dear God.
Hasn't had a decent game for around a decade? The one that came out on the 360 was much more than just decent. What about the Adventure series? How about the Advance series? What about Sonic Rush, and hell even Sonic Heroes? Ah, it all makes sense now. You're one of those 2-D fanboys that doesn't believe that Sonic can work in 3-D. Hey, Zelda isn't without its faults either. You don't believe me? http://www.thatgameblog.com/2006/11/...ound-in-zelda/

People didn't give the new Sonic game a chance. In fact the damn 2-D fanboys didn't like the Adventure series, which are some of the best Sonic games ever. Sonic deserves to be in Smash Bros Brawl, end of story. Maybe I am in denial, but after being disappointed with Shadow the Hedgehog and not being able to figure out Sonic Riders without dying 15 times a stage I welcome the new Sonic game with open arms. I gave it a chance and it ends up topping Heroes, the Advance games, hell I think it even beats the original Sonic and Sonic 2 on Genesis.

So you tell me why Sonic, who's been around for 15 years and still going strong, doesn't deserve to be in Brawl whereas someone like Pit who's only been in a couple of games (sorry, not trying to bash you Kid Icarus fans because I've never played the games so I can't clarify if they're good or not) deserves to be in Smash Bros. Brawl? You ask people who they would rather see: Mario vs. Pit, or Mario vs. Sonic? If he's such a loser then why is he still around? Oh that's right...because he still has a freakin huge fanbase. Maybe it's not as big as Mario's or Link's but a lot of people still love the blue hedgehog.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 04:42 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 03:42 PM #1203 of 1323
Originally Posted by SuperSonic
Hasn't had a decent game for around a decade? The one that came out on the 360 was much more than just decent. What about the Adventure series? How about the Advance series? What about Sonic Rush, and hell even Sonic Heroes? Ah, it all makes sense now. You're one of those 2-D fanboys that doesn't believe that Sonic can work in 3-D.
I think it's great that you automatically assume that because I'm not a fan of one type of Sonic games, I'm a fan of the other. Right, because everyone's a hardcore Sonic fanboy like you, eh?

Ever since the Genesis days I haven't played a single Sonic game that wasn't a buggy, dull piece of shit. I absolutely hated the Advance series and chances are if I hated them I'll loathe the DS version, so I'm avoiding it like the plague. also find it immensely hilarious that you think "hey if I point out a single flaw in another game, that completely defeats his argument about the game I like being riddled with massive bugs". The reason people aren't giving it a chance is because it's a total trainwreck of a game, and there is no way in hell that it's worth $60.

Chances are you're going to tell me that I need to have played every single one of his games like you obviously have in order to have a valid opinion, right? I played it at my cousin's house (he made the mistake of renting it) and couldn't believe that this is what Sega considers to be a finished game. Of course, fanboys like you tend to scream with their fingers in their ears and deny obvious flaws like getting stuck on parts of the level geometry or experiencing massive clipping and shooting through walls. And don't fucking tell me it's not there because it happened at least 12 times when I played it.

I bet you thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a great game too, right? I thought it was pretty fucking stupid that a character that could run faster than a speeding bullet would kill people with bullets and even slower cars... and he still gets stuck on pieces of the level geometry at several points, in or out of a vehicle. Ugh.

Quote:
So you tell me why Sonic, who's been around for 15 years and still going strong, doesn't deserve to be in Brawl whereas someone like Pit who's only been in a couple of games (sorry, not trying to bash you Kid Icarus fans because I've never played the games so I can't clarify if they're good or not) deserves to be in Smash Bros. Brawl? You ask people who they would rather see: Mario vs. Pit, or Mario vs. Sonic?
Let's see, because Pit's games (as few as they were) weren't buggy trashcan fillers that had him falling through floors for no reason at all? Or maybe it's because he hasn't had the chance to "hardcore" up his image with carjackings and 20 new characters in each sequel spanning the 17 years he's been around and getting progressively worse with each game.

And I'm tired of the whole "Mario vs. Sonic" scenario bullshit. As if that didn't get super old in the 90's, the newgrounds populace has milked that cow dry and any entertainment the idea had at all is completely lost on me now.

Quote:
If he's such a loser then why is he still around? Oh that's right...because he still has a freakin huge fanbase. Maybe it's not as big as Mario's or Link's but a lot of people still love the blue hedgehog.
That's awesome; it's not having good games that make a character, hell no! It's the fanbase that makes a character!

I mentioned this in my last post, did you even bother to read it?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Dec 17, 2006 at 04:53 PM.
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2006, 08:36 AM #1204 of 1323
Pitt wasn't just in Kid Icarus, he was also in the TV and comic series Captain N the Game Master, which was my first exposure to him. I'm actually really looking forward to using Pitt in Brawl

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Anyone know how to use alchemy?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:50 PM #1205 of 1323
Originally Posted by somedude2387
Pitt wasn't just in Kid Icarus, he was also in the TV and comic series Captain N the Game Master, which was my first exposure to him. I'm actually really looking forward to using Pitt in Brawl
I was a bit confused at first when they introduced him in the Brawl trailer as Pit because I had always known him as Kid Icarus from the Captain N series. Also in the cartoon, I remember how he usually ended his sentences with -icus.

I think it's great that you automatically assume that because I'm not a fan of one type of Sonic games, I'm a fan of the other. Right, because everyone's a hardcore Sonic fanboy like you, eh?
Normally it's safe to assume that because some of the people I've talked to on here who hate the 3-D Sonics have enjoyed the 2-D Genesis ones and wish he'd stay that way. If I were a hardcore Sonic fanboy, I'd like every single Sonic game that has come out. As much as you wish it to be true, it is not.

Ever since the Genesis days I haven't played a single Sonic game that wasn't a buggy, dull piece of shit.
Well that proves that you are one of those 2-D fanboys.

Quote:
I absolutely hated the Advance series and chances are if I hated them I'll loathe the DS version, so I'm avoiding it like the plague.
Alright, you are a Genesis 2-D fanboy instead of a 2-D fanboy. I love how you assume that if one game sucks, the other one will too when in fact, Rush turned out to be a really great game.

Also find it immensely hilarious that you think "hey if I point out a single flaw in another game, that completely defeats his argument about the game I like being riddled with massive bugs". The reason people aren't giving it a chance is because it's a total trainwreck of a game, and there is no way in hell that it's worth $60. Chances are you're going to tell me that I need to have played every single one of his games like you obviously have in order to have a valid opinion, right? I played it at my cousin's house (he made the mistake of renting it) and couldn't believe that this is what Sega considers to be a finished game. Of course, fanboys like you tend to scream with their fingers in their ears and deny obvious flaws like getting stuck on parts of the level geometry or experiencing massive clipping and shooting through walls. And don't fucking tell me it's not there because it happened at least 12 times when I played it.
Hey, I won't doubt that there are some problems with the 360 game but every game has its flaws no matter how hard you try to deny it. Even through all the games I've played, I have never played "The Perfect Game." I have a problem with the loading screens, yes. I have a problem with when I try to do a light speed dash on the rings after springing off a rope I do a bounce to my doom. So does that automatically make it a bad game? Hell no. Does it lose its enjoyment value? Once again, no. I continued playing and it turned out to be one of the best Sonic games I've ever played.

Let's see, because Pit's games (as few as they were) weren't buggy trashcan fillers that had him falling through floors for no reason at all? Or maybe it's because he hasn't had the chance to "hardcore" up his image with carjackings and 20 new characters in each sequel spanning the 17 years he's been around and getting progressively worse with each game.
Since I haven't played any of the Kid Icarus games I can't exactly say if your statement is true or not.

And I'm tired of the whole "Mario vs. Sonic" scenario bullshit. As if that didn't get super old in the 90's, the newgrounds populace has milked that cow dry and any entertainment the idea had at all is completely lost on me now.
This is different from newgrounds because if it were to happen on Brawl, it would be a first between Nintendo and Sega with their mascots appearing on the same game fighting each other.

That's awesome; it's not having good games that make a character, hell no! It's the fanbase that makes a character!

I mentioned this in my last post, did you even bother to read it?
That's correct because you can have good games and people will like certain characters more than the other characters.

I read your post again just because you asked me to. I'll even point out some things from it that I didn't before. Those youtube videos with the glitches? I didn't encounter them in the demo and I didn't encounter them in the final version of the game. Now there were some slowdowns, yes, but that was when there was a lot of stuff happening on the screen. It didn't slowdown the entire level.

Oh, and did you read my post?

I bet you thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a great game too, right? I thought it was pretty fucking stupid that a character that could run faster than a speeding bullet would kill people with bullets and even slower cars... and he still gets stuck on pieces of the level geometry at several points, in or out of a vehicle. Ugh.
Maybe I am in denial, but after being disappointed with Shadow the Hedgehog and not being able to figure out Sonic Riders without dying 15 times a stage I welcome the new Sonic game with open arms.
C'mon Nintendo, bring Sonic to Brawl along with some other third-party characters so that we can see some interesting fights.

I was speaking idiomatically.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:27 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2006, 12:27 AM #1206 of 1323
Alright, you are a Genesis 2-D fanboy instead of a 2-D fanboy. I love how you assume that if one game sucks, the other one will too when in fact, Rush turned out to be a really great game.
To tell the truth I didn't find Sonic's genesis incarnations that good either. All Sonic ever was to me was a blatant, stupid wannabe who couldn't hold a candle to Mario gameplay-wise.

Since you consider this new Sonic to be a good game as well, I'll take that opinion for what it's worth.

Quote:
I have a problem with the loading screens, yes. I have a problem with when I try to do a light speed dash on the rings after springing off a rope I do a bounce to my doom. So does that automatically make it a bad game?
Yes, that makes it not just a bad game by definition, but a terrible game. You're telling me that doing a move in an area where you're supposed to do that move sends you to death instantly? This is just one example of the many bugs in a game you consider "well-beyond decent"? I really don't think Nintendo should dirty themselves by touching this filth-covered brand. I hope they don't.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:21 AM #1207 of 1323
Yes, that makes it not just a bad game by definition, but a terrible game. You're telling me that doing a move in an area where you're supposed to do that move sends you to death instantly? This is just one example of the many bugs in a game you consider "well-beyond decent"? I really don't think Nintendo should dirty themselves by touching this filth-covered brand. I hope they don't.
Heh, I could say it adds to the challenge but oh well. I think this has gone far enough...you find it to be terrible I find it to be awesome. I can't force you to think my way. :P Still, I just want Sonic to be in Brawl. I'd rather have him in there than Megaman, which seems to be someone else people are holding out for (though I have no proof of it).

I just checked Gamestop and this game is still due out in June...though it can certainly change between now and then. The next time they release a trailer, they need to show a different character, maybe someone who hasn't been in the Smash Bros series before. I'm gonna call it right now; the next trailer when they show a newcomer, it'll be Yoshi or Donkey Kong.

FELIPE NO
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:42 AM #1208 of 1323
I'm gonna have to agree with PsychoJosh on this one. It took me a few years to realize that the only reason I ever played Sonic in the first place was because it was cool. The music is good, the graphics look neat, but the games are just stunt-fest after stunt-fest. You run down a hill and watch Sonic go through loops and do all kinds of amazing stuff just so you can run into a spike wall or some random bullet. So then you slow down and tediously make your way through the level until you hit the next speed ramp. The 3D games are exactly the same way, only now you have camera and control issues.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Let's be friends!
FF3DS: 240602313427
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 09:59 AM #1209 of 1323
Haha, I revisited after like 3 months, and there's a Sonic Suckage/Pwnage debate going on.

Anyways, I've already put my two cents in on how Sonic won't work too well in Brawl(at least in my mind, despite the arguments against me) Sonic would have been a good addition back in the 2D days, I agree, because Sonic 1/2/3 were the shit. Now it's just a game that tries so hard to be badass when It really doesn't have to be, in order to be good. I'd love it if Sonic went back to its roots and played like the first 3.

In general, I hate games that try to be badass, and are overly obvious that they are going out of their way to do so. It's so goddamn annoying to see games that are obviously _NOT_ supposed to have a badass feel to it and actually have badass feels to it. It just doesn't fit. Why the hell did they add new characters into Sonic anyways? I always liked the original cast of Sonic and Tails (and possibly Knuckles), but this new trio? Who the fuck are they? They've had like NO history in the series whatsoever. More than likely, if they add new characters into a long running series it's more than likely the game is falling flat on its face and is getting dull.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Old Dec 18, 2006, 04:57 PM #1210 of 1323
Well at least it's something different although current gen Sonic game bashing is pretty old hat too.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 01:44 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 04:44 PM #1211 of 1323
Originally Posted by Omnislash124
Sonic would have been a good addition back in the 2D days, I agree, because Sonic 1/2/3 were the shit.
HAHA it's funny how much change a simple 'the' at the end of a sentence can make. I missed the 'the' in my first reading and then your argument didn't make sense.

To be perfectly honest after all this talk about which characters to put in I'm going to say I'm not too fussed which ones they put in. The game looks pretty sweet and the other SSB games have been fun so they've got a good track record. I'm sure they'd know how anticipated this game is so they should make a game that we'll enjoy even with or without sonic/megaman/crono/...... I'm far more interested in what gameplay options they might opt for like internet play and different modes within the game.

Woody Allen (1935 - )

Kanzaki
Chocobo

Member 16476

Level 9.00

Dec 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 04:07 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 04:07 AM #1212 of 1323
Well at least Sonic/Megaman deserve a place more than Snake.

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:25 AM #1213 of 1323
Originally Posted by somedude2387
HAHA it's funny how much change a simple 'the' at the end of a sentence can make. I missed the 'the' in my first reading and then your argument didn't make sense.

To be perfectly honest after all this talk about which characters to put in I'm going to say I'm not too fussed which ones they put in. The game looks pretty sweet and the other SSB games have been fun so they've got a good track record. I'm sure they'd know how anticipated this game is so they should make a game that we'll enjoy even with or without sonic/megaman/crono/...... I'm far more interested in what gameplay options they might opt for like internet play and different modes within the game.
Seconded, I really don't care who they add to the game, I just want to know how it plays. That's much more important to me than having more characters. I'm still curious about the supers and how they will figure into the gameplay....whether it's a "fair" addition which will not win a battle for you if you suck, or an "equalizer" addition which will possibly win a battle for you if you suck. This is the biggest pull for me. I'm really not against nor for one or the other, but I just want to know. I also want to know some levels and their level of interactivity with the previous games. I loved the interactivity of Melee because each level was unique in its own sense and fighting on them was fun. The original was a little too similar for my tastes (in regards to platform layout). I like gimmicky stages. ^.^

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:54 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 01:54 AM #1214 of 1323
Woops, my comment on Sonic caused some flames...

Even if they don't include new characters now, perhaps WiiConnect 24 can rectify that?

And PsychoJosh, perhaps the Mii character night not have to use Wii Sports/Play moves in it, and he could possible stand in for Game and Watch for the "brizzaro character" title. I wouldn't be able to see custom moves work, so perhaps Nintendo should just create random moves, but use your Mii as the character to act it out...

(Am I making sense or is 2am-itis affecting me?)

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:54 PM #1215 of 1323
I think I get what you're saying....

You're saying that you can have a customized character (Mii) with preset moves that are already programmed into the game, though I like the Wii Sports idea. For example, your Mii could have the following moves:

A: Punch (Meh, has to be simple)
Forward/Backward + A: Tennis Raquet Smash (makes sense)
Up + A: Uppercut Smash (Wii Boxing?)
Down + A: Golf Club Drive Smash? (Wii Golf?)

Left/Right + B: Bowling Ball Hurl (Wii Bowling)
Up + B/Recovery: ???
Down + B: ???

Super: Mii Summoning (I dunno, just calls EVERY Mii on your Wii onto the screen and mobs the entire screen?)

I suppose it could work. Might be amusing under certain circumstances. It's fun speculating

Most amazing jew boots

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 07:08 AM #1216 of 1323
LOL, Mii Summoning. That would be awesome!!!! You could watch as you and your family and friends beat down on bowser or mario or whoever

Woody Allen (1935 - )

Amayirot Akago
WRYYYYYYYYY!!

Member 12969

Level 21.07

Sep 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 10:59 PM #1217 of 1323
That would be so awesome.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:00 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 07:00 PM #1218 of 1323
What about the people who don't have more than two Miis?

Well, I guess it would just clone them repeatedly.

Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:08 AM #1219 of 1323
They could always have a Mii generator that makes random Miis...

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:20 AM #1220 of 1323
...Or they could program in preset Miis like Miyamoto, Reggie, and Iwata or something. That way, there are at least 3 Miis in stock. I suppose the more Miis you have, the more damage it does? These are some crazy ideas I'm throwing out, BTW.

Anyways, has the release date changed from the previous mention of the March - May 2007 timeslot? or is it still slated for release around that time? I still need to pick up a Wii, but every goddamn store in town is sold out.

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:10 AM #1221 of 1323
I don't think there's even a specific time slot like March-May. Just TBA '07.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:10 AM #1222 of 1323
Gamestop's website has it down as June 1st, 2007 but then again that can change like it always has. :P

Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:18 AM #1223 of 1323
Those are placeholders until something official is handed down to them.

FELIPE NO
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 10:47 PM #1224 of 1323
I heard from Wiispot that it was slated for as soon as May. It doesn't matter, because there's no real way to know right now. When Sakurai has a specific release date planned he'll probably be courteous enough to tell us, so wait for it to come straight from his mouth, not from Gamestop.

I've been thinking that the roster will dramatically increase with this game. They could have well within the realm of 40+ characters, and I've been thinking, what if they put Diddy Kong in alongside Donkey Kong? For some reason I just thought about his movelist and came up with this...

A: Dorky slaps (4 hits, ends with him whipping his tail)
Up+A: Backflip
Forward+A: Kartwheel
Down+A: Tail sweep

B: Peanut pistols (they fire in three-round bursts and have very slight recoil on the characters)
Up+B: Barrel jetpack
Forward+B: Heavy Kartwheel (like Mario's tornado, except attacks straight in front of him and is more damaging than it looks)
Down+B: Barrel pickup (produces a random barrel out of thin air; could be a wooden barrel, weak bamboo barrel, TNT barrel, or keg. He can also hold it out in front of him and simply walk into somebody with it)

Super Smash: Primate Percussion (he whips out his boom box and cranks it up, putting on his sunglasses and playing a funky beat so full of bass that it sends out massive shockwaves)

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:34 PM #1225 of 1323
I like the part where 3 games out of several make a franchise crash. (Yeah, Sonic Next, Heroes, and Riders sucked hard.) Last time I checked 2-D Sonic was never buggy, it has been done masterfully well (minus advance 2, but that's another argument for another day). I also like the part where the Sonic fandom proves its mass stupidity yet again. (Stereotypical 2-D fanboy vs. 3-d Fanboy fight) It's getting to where terrible 2-D fanboy assumptions (like Sonic Adventures killed the Dreamcast) are getting beyond the idiocy of the blind fanboys who praise even the crap Sonic pulls. Sonic Team phails miserably at trying to cater to both sides. (but at least the soundtracks don't disappoint)

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT.

I wonder just how this game is going to "feel". Sakurai mentioned that he wanted the game to be slowed down, and it probably looks like it might be closer to the first Smash. Is that good or bad in your opinion?

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl