Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Multifunction printer suggestions

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:30 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 12:30 AM #1 of 3
Multifunction printer suggestions

So the family's old Compaq all-in-one is getting pretty annoying, and we're in the market for a new one. I've had an unusually hard time researching and finding good comparisons (more than my other computer components at least...right now I'm at around 30 tabs and counting), so I thought I'd ask here. Basic requirements are that it needs to print and fax reliably (don't care about scanning or copying), preferably have a network interface, and last a looooong time. $250 is our limit, but around the $200 range would be nice (eBay is definitely an option).

My dad seems to be set on laser since he's had bad experiences with ink drying up and whatnot. Also he likes that toners and drums are less costly than ink in the moderately long run.

A few models I've looked at so far:

Brother MFC-7220
Brother MFC-7820n
Canon MF4150
Canon MF5770
HP LaserJet 3050
HP LaserJet 3055

These are basically lower-end laser multifunctions and their network-capable cousins. Comments and personal experiences regarding these models, as well as recommendations for alternatives, would be much appreciated.

How ya doing, buddy?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Last edited by Dhsu; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:42 AM.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:50 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 02:50 PM #2 of 3
So, color printing is not a requirement for you?

Generally, the "network interface" add-on comes after scanning and copying. So even if you don't want them, you'll get them.

I would personally go with HP. I have happy experiences with their inkjet multifunction printers. The fact that the print head is incorporated in the cartridge, instead of being built-in like Epson's and Canon's, is a big plus for me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:28 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 05:28 PM #3 of 3
So, color printing is not a requirement for you?
Nope.

Thanks for the info! Anyone else?

How ya doing, buddy?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Multifunction printer suggestions