Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Classic] This thread contains my reactions to Final Fantasy VI

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 02:50 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 12:50 PM #1 of 72
This thread contains my reactions to Final Fantasy VI

I'm replicating the SNES as best I can, with my USB controller and full screen'd original version ROM. I figured maybe I didn't like IV because it was on the GBA and not as first played by those who love it to death. So here I am trying to imagine myself in 1994 playing Final Fantasy III as released in America.

I would like to hear from others: while playing this game for the first time, if you remember, what the hell was going through your mind? Because I'm kind of BLOWN AWAY and I can't recall any other game from this era having such an effect on me. Maybe A Link to the Past, but for different reasons.

This story is so dark and sad; it's beautiful. How did an SNES game accomplish this? I find the lighter moments to be really great, like
Spoiler:
-When asked if you want to steal the guard's key when rescuing Celes, your options are Yes and Stealing is wrong
-Locke laughing when Celes is practicing her spontaneous opera role
-Ultros getting pissed because nobody read his fake letter in the opera house

Anyway, I'm only about 10 hours in, having just busted out of the Magitek Research Facility, so I would appreciate not being spoiled for anything that occurs after this event. Man, if Kefka's laugh hadn't already sealed it for me, the whole opera sequence would have. Everything about that was gorgeous. Overall I'm finding the game pretty easy; boss battles on average last roughly 30 seconds if not less... I don't really care. I'm in it for the story and music.

And speaking of the music, I've been listening to OGC4's and Tour de Japon's orchestral performances of the opera for a few years. Now that I finally have the music's context, it takes on a completely different meaning. Great stuff.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the GBA port. Back to my question though, anyone here remember their first playthrough of this? And was it similar to my current reactions?

Most amazing jew boots
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:28 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 03:28 PM #2 of 72
It's tough to remember my first complete playthrough. I do remember when I first played it. That was when I rented it once. I didn't know what it was, but I found myself fascinated by the game world, which I explored a bit from someone else's save game. Eventually I bought the game after playing a few RPGs and I've always been as blown away by it as you are now. My appreciation for it has only grown in subsequent playthroughs. The storytelling all throughout is phenomenal. Only thing is that the second half will do one of two things for you: It'll either push the game to legendary status or bring it down if you don't enjoy the differences. For me it did the former. There are a lot of extra elements to the story in the first half, but what ties the story together is the cast, and that much is what the second half is all about even more than the first was. I'm hoping that it won't ruin things for you, because I've heard of other folks who claim to be invested in the story and then find themselves disliking it after a certain plot development. In any case, I'm glad that you're enjoying it so far. For me it was an experience that forever set the standard for what I expect from a traditional *J*RPG. It still has my favorite cast and soundtrack of them all. Expect the story to get sadder in a big way, heh heh. FFVI doesn't just taunt you with the possibility like every other RPG does. It actually goes there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~MV
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:39 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 02:39 PM #3 of 72
Quote:
Man, if Kefka's laugh hadn't already sealed it for me, the whole opera sequence would have. Everything about that was gorgeous.
Yeah, man. I actually cried the first time I saw that, I thought it was so beautiful.

I think I need to replay FFVI.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:41 PM #4 of 72
I remember the first time I played FF6. I had already played FF7 and 8, and I thought they were decent, but not amazing games like many others said. I figured I'd go to the oldest game I heard getting similar reviews and see how that was. Right from the intro, when the credits play and the starting characters are walking through the snow, I was amazed. It was setting up a really good atmosphere from the start. And the music was really well done too, I was wowed the first time I heard Terra's Theme (the world map music). The characters had a bit more uniqueness to them in battle than they did in the other two games I had played, which made those a little more fun, especially with such a large cast. All in all, I quite enjoyed it, and it was what pushed me to give the rest of the Final Fantasy games a try. It was my favorite in the series until I finally tried FF5 last year.

If you're in it for mostly the story and music though, I definitely think this is the high point for the series.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Neo-Zacar
Chocobo

Member 111

Level 10.49

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 05:48 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 01:48 AM #5 of 72
I can't remember the first time when I played FF6 through. Probably because it has been so long time since. But I can say for certain that it's a completely different experience to play a RPG like this for the first time than playing it for the second etc time. You just think differently when you know what is going to happen (though I cannot remember all the minor details, luckily).

When you play it for the first time, you don't exactly know where to go and what is going to happen. Some final fantasies have so complex stories that I have to play them at least twice to understand the story (FF7&FF8). FF6 would be the most story-driven of the pre-playstation final fantasies in my opinion.

Music is probably very important in these SNES RPGs, if you see a scene in the game for the first time while hearing an excellent music track for the first time - a great first impression. Somehow I don't like listening music from some unknown RPG as it perhaps alters the first impression that I may have if I decide to play that game..

I was speaking idiomatically.
i see no reason for signatures other than mindless spam
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 05:52 PM #6 of 72
Prepare to be disappointed with the storyline / main plot when you get well over the half way point.

But prepare to like playing the game more because gameplay is the most important part (at least to me -- I see story, music, extras as 2nd to gameplay) because well over the half way point you are going to be fighting great bosses, harder enemies and be leveling a lot. Plus you'll basically have all the characters.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Saiken
The Watcher

Member 5436

Level 2.12

Apr 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:12 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 01:12 AM #7 of 72
Yes, I do remember my first playthrough and unfortunately, my reaction was not similar to yours. As far as I am concerned, it does not fully deserve an overwhelming amout of praise it receives.
Story:
Of SNES-era games, FFVI has one of the better stories. However, that is not saying much. As most games from the aforementioned era, it is plagued by utter simplicity and the world is almost devoid of historical background and social development. Contrast it with later FFVIII and especially FFXII, both of them have quite long and elaborate political history (unfortunately, most of it is hidden in obscure NPC conversations and in the information sections that nobody bothers to read).
Same can be said about FFVI cast, which is good by SNES standards, yet pales in comparison with all more recent FFs.

Battle System:
For a SNES RPG, FFVI has a great battle system. After potentially interesting, yet stilll heavily restricted Job System in FFV, FFVI allows a decent amout of customisation, which together with Limits forms a quite satisfying experience.

Graphics and Sound:
Both are rather impressive, though character animation is a bit lacking. Other than that however, there is not much to criticise.

In short, FFVI is a very good SNES RPG. It introduced quite a few innovations and also marked a departure from the generic and stale style of FF I-V. Nevertheless, it can be considered archaic and primitive in comparison with more recent installments.

FELIPE NO
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:01 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 06:01 PM #8 of 72
Nevertheless, it can be considered archaic and primitive in comparison with more recent installments.
Yeah. Well, that's why I made sure to frame my opening post with comments that clearly indicated this was a game from an earlier period of time, and my reaction is coming from that reference point. The game surely could benefit from historical background and social development, but this was at a time when such a concept was foreign in video games anyway (to my knowledge), so why bring it up?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
TetraShadow00
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17933

Level 2.38

Jan 2007

Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:10 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 05:10 PM #9 of 72
FFI-VI

In short, FFVI is a very good SNES RPG. It introduced quite a few innovations and also marked a departure from the generic and stale style of FF I-V. Nevertheless, it can be considered archaic and primitive in comparison with more recent installments.
Oh, Be careful with criticizing other Final Fantasies, you'll get trampled on by fanboys. FFVI in my opinion should be remembered mroe than FFVII, for it was a pioneer in a sense that it had, a grand-scale epic storyline, a lovable and massive set of cast members, and maybe the most cut-scene driven RPG, known back on the SNES.

But, you shouldn't say FF I-V was stale and generic. Each was a pioneer and a trial and/or failure. As FFI pioneered into the gigantic tale of 4 young heroes. Without such bland trial, (which was still very successful) FFII and above would not be seen. FFII began a gimmicky experience system which never panned out due to its flaws, but FFII began mixing in travel. The Air, Sea, Snow. FFIII, was the first to invent the infamous job system. Though in its original NES, it failed to become popular. Without the job-system of FFIII the systems of FFV, FFT, FFXI would have never appeared until later in the series. FFIV, began truly experiment with the tales of magic and travel. Nothing new except the ATB system, but all in all it was still a successful game. FFV... well (Okay, To me this game sucked.) This game had re-invented the Job System of FFIII, and it was sucessful in that way. Since the graphics and storyline bombed, it wasn't super popular (until its port-release on the GBA) FFVI... I already expressed its use for the franchise.

I could go on, but I hope the point was clear. Every Final Fantasy has flaws, but it brought up a good point withen the games. And Each deserve a Kudos.

And true fans, of video games would never overlook such titles, they maybe archaic and old. But never primitive. With them, the building blocks of most RPG's, our games today would be just as primitive. It wouldn't be fair.

How ya doing, buddy?
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:10 PM #10 of 72
To the above two posts: Well said.

soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:45 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 10:45 PM #11 of 72
I know most people probably don't agree with this, but I rented the game when it came out and I couldn't get into it because I got bored. Walking around in those tech things at the beginning was a turn off, I don't know why.

I revisited the game many years later and played through it. Still a "meh" reaction. I'm going to get it when the GBA version comes out though just so I have it, maybe give it another go. There were a lot of memorable parts in it, and I did like the characters, but I just didn't find myself that drawn in.

FFIV is still my favourite though, then the more recent ones like FFX and FFXII come close. I've played through most except for FFII and FFV (which I can't seem to get past the super long intro) and they each have their good points and bad. I play it for the storyline and overall experience.

TetraShadow00
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17933

Level 2.38

Jan 2007

Old Jan 9, 2007, 01:16 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 10:16 PM #12 of 72
Storyline and Experience

This post is kinna contradicting my last post but...

Ah, I'm revisiting the classic RPGs trailing from 1990's to 2000... and I've noticed the trend that I'm getting bored of.

When I was younger, The only thing that made my RPG experience complete was really amazing SPRITE graphics. And epic and deep plot driven dialogue.

Sadly to say, I've abandon those thoughts, As I played more and more new recent games. I slowly got use to the intesne 3-D graphics, and the Voiceovers.
-- I revisited games such as FFVI and Xenogears, and Legend of Dragoon.

When I was younger, those games were a blast and they felt full-filling for every level up I got, and each new cut-scene I went through. Though the classic games should not be called primitive... they have become somewhat dull.

The trend I found in all the new RPGs were the almost endless amounts of common themes, cliches, and spontanious plot lines. I just feel that the classics will be forgotten, because they feel so much the same with the new games... but less... if you get my drift...

The storylnies always pleased me... but Iono... Things are becoming too cliched, and to revisit something where there's a new "Upgraded Ultra version" of almost the same game... saddens me...

(Tales series for example)... Though kids now, are into Tales of the Abyss or was Tales of Symphonia and Legendia... I doubt the knew of Eternia or Phantasia or Destiny... Sony and Namco are trying their best to revive such classics...

but Square has become a powerwhore and moneymonger along with Sony.

How many mediocre games did Square make this passed year?
People just said they made them so people could wait till FFXII or KHII came out... But they're all NEW TITLES. (Exception, Valkrie Profile)... They use FRANCHISE NAMES to make money... not to please the fans...

Random "Mana" games... that only meet mediocre expectations...
Random spin-offs, where fans get disappointed...
Random Titles, made by unpopular software branches...

Why didn't they stick with the classics?

They are porting... but not enough to keep their older fans happy...(Opinion)

(Ok Back to the Thread topic... Sorry)

Anyways... Refering to what i said earlier, How FFVI should not be forgotten, I feel that they will... Over time...

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 01:34 AM #13 of 72
I remember...I was under-leveled and Ultros absolutely raped me about 10 times before I squeezed off enough firepower to beat him. I got pretty lost during the whole Celes thing and it took about 2 hours to clear that scenario. I enjoyed Sabin's path the first time, with all the strong character development and the atmosphere on the train...Becomes a bit of a burden on replays, since it takes awhile and I know what's going to happen.

And yeah...The Opera part was incredible. I actually got a Game Over because I couldn't figure out what to do after getting the bouquet. Oh, and I didn't exactly rehearse either...

Plenty more (in fact, in replays, I always rush through the first half of the game in order to get to the second half), but I don't want to spoil anything for ya...

FFVI was THE game I always wanted to hypnotize myself over so I could experience it fresh again. I'm probably 7 years past my last playthrough and I remember it quite vividly. Once I'm an old fart and my memory fails, I'll look forward to experiencing it all new again.

And frankly, nothing in the series has come remotely close to delivering the total package of quality that FFVI has. From the well-crafted dungeons to the various gameplay systems (relics, armor, espers, innate skills AND leveling are all important) to the variety of characters to the music (still one of the best game scores around) and the game's refusal to stick to focusing on a single character when it very easily could (face it: you're screwed if you don't like one of the main characters in the newer FF's, because you see a LOT of them during the course of the game), it was well ahead of its' time...and arguably still is.

I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Jan 9, 2007 at 01:41 AM.
jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 01:56 AM #14 of 72
I remember the first time I played FFVI. I was staying the night at a friend's house and at about 11 pm, I turned the game on. The friend went to bed and I stayed up ALL night playing the game. I was completely enraptured.

I screwed myself over by not buying enough healing items for a certain section but I had to stop playing it anyway. When I got the game for Christmas, I was captivated all over again. One of the few games that was actually worth $69.99. A perfect combination of story, characters, gameplay and music.

(When it first happened early in the game, I thought splitting up the characters and getting to choose which group to play was a fresh gimmick. The concept really didn't happen again until Wild Arms and Suikoden III. FFVI did it better.)

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 02:00 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 01:00 AM #15 of 72
This game is pure nostalgia for me. It's one of the great experiences of my gaming life. I still know this game inside and out, down to the individual dialogue of most NPCs in towns. It's pathetic, but I got that into it. I can't fucking wait until February.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 02:02 AM #16 of 72
Prepare to be disappointed with the storyline / main plot when you get well over the half way point.
Spoiler:
To a certain extent, yes. The first half is about the plot and the second half is about the characters. I don't think the game would be nearly as great as it is if it wasn't for the approach that was taken. Controversial and risky, yes, but brilliant.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 02:45 AM #17 of 72
(When it first happened early in the game, I thought splitting up the characters and getting to choose which group to play was a fresh gimmick. The concept really didn't happen again until Wild Arms and Suikoden III. FFVI did it better.)
I definitely agree with this...It's far more effective once the characters are introduced. It's not a particularly good way of actually introducing the main characters. Though I'm basing that off my experience with WA and not S3, which I haven't played. Once that scenario came up in FFVI, with just the minor bit of background, it was really cool. Although to be fair...The Terra/Edgar/Banon branch was a ripoff. But Locke/Sabin had more than enough meat to make up for it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 04:33 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 02:33 AM #18 of 72
The thing that always stands out with me was the introduction, especially since the only other Final Fantasy title I had played was the very first. Magitek knights riding off to narshe, the music, the graphics (which stunned me despite it's age. This was in '99, '00?), I just sat in awe of it. I hadn't ever seen an RPG start off with such theatric flair before. It's still my favorite theme of the series.

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 05:12 AM #19 of 72
This game is pure nostalgia for me. It's one of the great experiences of my gaming life. I still know this game inside and out, down to the individual dialogue of most NPCs in towns. It's pathetic, but I got that into it. I can't fucking wait until February.
I couldn't agree with you more.

This game is the epitome of my RPG love (that and FFT). It was the game that originally got me over the hill in this genre. I liked FFIV plenty, but 6 pushed me into truely appreciating a good RPG, especially now-a-days. I always have thought the later installments of the Final Fantasy series to be mediocre, specifically 7, 8, and 10. I haven't gotten around to 12 yet, but I've heard its a pretty decent game here and there while at working at GameStop.

But as stated before in this thread, this game was really the blueprint for future RPGs, and I have revisited it countless times. Everything about it to me was fun and I hope the new version on its way next month will only magnify the fun I had with it.

Last edited by BucPride; Jan 9, 2007 at 05:14 AM.
Saiken
The Watcher

Member 5436

Level 2.12

Apr 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 07:12 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 01:12 PM #20 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted byCellius
The game surely could benefit from historical background and social development, but this was at a time when such a concept was foreign in video games anyway (to my knowledge), so why bring it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiken
Of SNES-era games, FFVI has one of the better stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiken
In short, FFVI is a very good SNES RPG.
As you can see, I acknowledge its considerable worth in comparison with other SNES-era RPGs. There were a few games that surpassed it in the in-depth storyline department (Front Mission 1st comes to mind), though generally speaking, FFVI is indeed one of the better ones.

What I find interesting however, is how fans treat is as some kind of untouchable ideal that cannot be matched. There is nothing wrong with liking it more then later installments, but objectively, they have long since surpassed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraShadow00
FFVI in my opinion should be remembered mroe than FFVII,
I suppose I can somewhat agree with that. FFVII introduced a large amount of people into RPGs, yet FFVI marked the beginning of FF series' rapid evolution.
Although, my opinion may be influenced by a certain nostalgia I feel for this title. After all, FFVI was my second FF (after V).

Jamma
Nuts! Gotta get to Narshe on the fly...

Member 3119

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 10:22 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 03:22 PM #21 of 72
Hey Cellius, did you see the thread I made about this a couple of months ago? We're at just about the exact same place at the moment. You're about to go back to Narshe, right? I've landed on the small triangular Island and been beating on that bastard Intangir to gain Magic points quickly.

Glad someone is attempting this for the first time at the same time as me. Nice one.

Merchant: "You’re that thief, Locke, aren’t you?"
Locke: "Hey! Call me a Treasure Hunter, or I’ll rip your lungs out!"

MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:08 AM #22 of 72
I love FF2, but when i saw a review for FF3 in Nintendo Power, i was obssessed with it.
i look for it everywhere, but could find it.
then the emulator wave came and i spend the nights (many nights) dealing with my crappy dial up connection and fake site that didnt hold the rom. I spend months and months, (im talking about 10 years ago).
when i found it and played it, i reached a conclution:
IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!
the game was beautiful, music, story, character, everything. i played and played, played, searching for friends as my background song, the fact that you
Spoiler:
actually lost the first battle against kefka and the world goes to ruin

even now im still waiting for a game that still make me feel like that again, i love todays games, KH, FFX, Suikoden, but NOTHING can beat the old school FF games.
Hail to the king!!!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 10:34 AM #23 of 72
I had a similar experience like TheKnightOfNee. Final Fantasy VII was my first RPG, and I went through VIII, IX as far as FF. And then I went to play VI from FF Anthology, and it was <3. I instantly realized that I liked the "old school" RPGs a lot. I went through VI and V within a couple weeks, and then (lucky me) FF Chronicles came out a few days later; so IV and CT got rocked soon afterwards too. That was definitely my high for number of RPGs completed in such a short period of time. It probably was just under a month. It's something I'll never be able to do again... ;_;

But yes, FF VI led to one of my greatest gaming experiences ever. <3

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Tomahawk
Toma

Member 17600

Level 6.82

Dec 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 01:15 PM #24 of 72
Final Fantasy III for the SNES was released probably back in 1996 or so, since the N64 made its debut in September 1997.
My best friend had that game, while I bought Chrono Trigger. My god, we swapped each others games for about 3-4 months.
That was the beginning of my FF experience. It was so amazing being drawn into the storyline with a good beginning.

While everyone was shocked at the death of a character in FFVII, this wasn't the first time a FF playable character actually died.

Spoiler:
When Shadow holds back to fight Kefka while you make your escape from the floating sky ground, Shadow dies if you leave pre-maturely. When you get to Setzer's airship, you have to wait until theres about 5 seconds left, or else you leave without him and he dies atop the floating continent.

The best thing about FF6 to me is the differences in weapons/armor each character holds. Cyan's Swordtech, Locke's steal/mug, Sabin's Blitz, Edgar's Tools, Shadow's throws, Celes's Runeblades, Setzer's card tricks, even Umaro's own independent attacking system, was just great to utilize in the game.

Character development, from their past histories to present, was astonishing. I'm glad I got to try this game out before getting rid of my SNES, only to pick up for Anthology to experience it again.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 01:39 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 10:39 AM #25 of 72
I first played this after going through several newer RPGs after the SNES. Even so, I enjoyed FFVI a lot more because all the characters had a personality so it was easy to find favorites. Compared to newer RPGs, the game still managed to give enough attention to their large cast of characters. It was also impressive to see how the game delivered the individual stories of the characters even alongside the main plot. I remember spending lots of time visiting all the towns in between playing the main story just to see what other details about the characters' pasts I could find.

I finished FFVI so quickly, but it was the first time I completed all the sidequests, abilities, and went into the final battle with all the characters at level 99.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Classic] This thread contains my reactions to Final Fantasy VI