Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What would you like to do with your life?

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 08:02 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 08:02 PM #26 of 64
Quite a dream, actually. I really want to be a good doctor, and now I'm making my way towards that. I know that studying this branch and working as soon as graduating is actually very hard, especially in my country, but I think I'm going to make it. The plan is that I want to continue studying in German (they say German is a good place to study).

Other than that, I want to write something good. Not something which is good and commercial, but something which is good though it maybe a bit strange and hyperbolic. I have thought of some, but until now, I've only managed to write down two of them. I can't wait to finish them and start the other projects, but since my schedule is a bit uptight, I have to be patient.

Spoiler:
The nearly impossible one is to have the stories made into something on screen (movie, anime, TV series, etc.) and I can compose the theme songs for them. Quite stupid, heh?~~

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Baked Pussy
Banned

Member 27551

Level 3.31

Jan 2008

Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:09 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 10:09 PM #27 of 64
I'm in the university now, almost done, and I'm going to graduate with a B.S. in Nursing/Microbiology. Then I'm deciding to continue on to get my M.D. or D.O., whatever school accepts me first.

In the meantime, I'm currently in 3 casting agencies and they're calling me and booking me for certain events in the metropolitan area. I have a casting call for a featured film called "Among the English." Can't wait for that.

But, overall I want to finish school first and be happy with my life.

Most amazing jew boots
Plumbum
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 27545

Level 2.25

Jan 2008

Old Jan 3, 2008, 01:39 PM #28 of 64
I want to be a Voice Actor. I've always been interested in being a part of the animated shows I watch. The more I read up on it, the more I want to persue the field. It just seems like something I could see myself doing happily for a long time.

In the short term, I just want to start and finish college.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 02:13 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 01:13 PM 4 #29 of 64
I want to be a Voice Actor. I've always been interested in being a part of the animated shows I watch. The more I read up on it, the more I want to persue the field. It just seems like something I could see myself doing happily for a long time.

In the short term, I just want to start and finish college.
And stop using that stupid fucking green text. That should also be on the list of your life's ambitions.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Takiaena
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 27634

Level 2.12

Jan 2008

Old Jan 4, 2008, 08:58 AM #30 of 64
I think I am going to work as a psychanalyst or something like that (I still need to seek for informations, but as I am actually 16, it is not too late ^^)
But what I would like to do during my life is travel a lot... This would be so great if I managed to see all the countries I want to ^^ Finnland, Norway, Scottland, USA, Peru, Groenland and so on \o/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Plumbum

Member 27545

Level 2.25

Jan 2008

Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:57 AM #31 of 64
And stop using that stupid fucking green text. That should also be on the list of your life's ambitions.
As long as it is available in the post options, then I will use it. If you hate it so much, then put me in your ignore list.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Plumbum; Jan 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 01:09 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 10:09 AM #32 of 64
I have already achieved my life goal:

Not post in colored text like an idiot.

Now I can kick back on the beach and sip some mai tais while gorgeous women rub oil all over my flab. Life is good.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 01:12 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 12:12 PM #33 of 64
Well, green is still an option. Can't fault him that inherent truth.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Baked Pussy
Banned

Member 27551

Level 3.31

Jan 2008

Old Jan 4, 2008, 08:00 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2008, 08:00 AM 2 #34 of 64
As long as it is available in the post options, then I will use it. If you hate it so much, then put me in your ignore list.
I think green is a unique thing to do. It makes you stand out from the crowd.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 08:13 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 07:13 PM 5 #35 of 64
I think green is a unique thing to do. It makes you stand out from the crowd.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Cameo
Just out of hibernation!

Member 2865

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2008, 08:45 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2008, 01:45 AM #36 of 64
Lol!!!

Anyhow, as far as life goes I've met quite a lot of my early life goals: Toured the world with my band, released a few albums, worked with kids (both in a playworker and teacher capacity), and been to university.

Long term, I'd like to go full time into Primary education as a fully qualified teacher. It'd also be nice to do some DJing outside of my bedroom!

I'd like to have kids someday, but definitely not ready for it now.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:51 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2008, 11:51 PM #37 of 64
I have a few dreams that i'd love to achieve.

I'd love to become a director at the summer camp that i work at during the summer. The only problem is i tend to not do well with dealing with angry customers i.e. pissed off parents cause they son had a nightmare while he was there (this is not an exaggeration. The director last summer actually had to put up with this complaint for about an hour). Another problem is that it's only a two month a year position, and it pays shit. So there's one dream job that isn't just unlikely, it's impossible.

My other dream jobs are much more unlikely, but infinitely more possible. I'd love it if my band took off. We've already been offered studio time from two independent studios, and it looks like we'll be taking them up on the offer in a few months time.

Otherwise, i'd love to be a, writer, short stories and novels to start, and eventually write myself into the film industry, writing screenplays and acting in my films. One of my professors this year read a few of my stories and things i should write more and compile an anthology. She would then hook me up with editors and try to get me published. So i have possibilities on both sides of my dreams, i just need to pick one to pursue.

All my dreams are terribly unlikely to result in success, so i can only hope for the best and keep working at them. If all else fails, i'll keep working my various jobs and work towards and education degree. My goal there is to become a University professor, but i'm not sure how much time i'm willing to invest in trying various career paths until my life demands that i sit down and chose one.

I was speaking idiomatically.
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:01 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2008, 05:01 PM 1 #38 of 64
My only dream is to one day own a second-hand bookshop. I would keep my own hours, hire some attractive young teenager to assist me and generally be content with my lot in life, until I go insane with boredom and burn down the shop for the insurance.

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
webjay
Film Score Nut

Member 25375

Level 3.73

Oct 2007

Old Jan 8, 2008, 11:32 AM #39 of 64
I'd like to make a career over the Internet as a web/logo/graphic design artist so I can spend as much time as possible at home with my eventual family.

Plus it's a job I can listen to my music while doing. It in fact has the potential to enhance it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:23 PM #40 of 64
It took me 29 years to decide what the hell I wanted to do with my life. When I was younger I used to enjoy making tapes of game music with me speaking about each track between tracks.. Recording type work and was something I never considered but wish I had 6 years ago.

I am about half way thru my degree in broadcast media when i get this call from a relative asking me to come work at a recording studio for a new record lable. Despite leaving college this is something that I can't turn down.. So basicly my career will involve working in a recording studio and continuing college in California towards a degree in broadcast media ( which I think is pretty related to each other ) I will also persue voice acting / voice over work.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:29 PM #41 of 64
So is this thread about things you'd LIKE to do or things you wish you were CAPABLE of doing?

For example - I'd like to write a cantata but I certainly cannot.

Becca
Carob Nut

Member 30825

Level 4.12

Jun 2008

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:30 PM #42 of 64
Get out of the country and travel around europe with a bunch of friends or with a guy if I'm in a relationship. I'd also love to take a trip to africa.

I used to fantasize about being a go-go girl in newyork. People always say I'm so nice like I'd never do anything so wild but then again, in the right situation, it's the nice ones you have to worry about.

Biganime
Angel wings and Cat ears....thats why I like it!

Member 5690

Level 4.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:58 AM #43 of 64
You know I'm really not 100% sure on this.

Really I want to move out of where I am (buffalo) and move somewhere a bit more nerdy if that makes sense at all. I want to go back to college and learn some computer programming like I did back when i first went but this time actually complete it.

Then hopefully get a good job in the field of compute programming, buy a house in like LA or somewhere where punk is godly (im a dork for punk music)....then really just see where life takes me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:11 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 11:11 PM #44 of 64
I told this to my class years back.... they um.. kinda laughed at me.

I want to be a game concept designer. More specifically character, weapons and costume designer. So far I have a bunch of characters in my sketch book but I never got around to learning how to color... yet. I am working on my Zbrush, watercolor and PS.

I've also wanted to work with my favorite composers, specially Yasunori Mitsuda! I can sing but I can't compose..... I wanted to see Mitsuda and Uematsu in a concert a couple of years back but it was just my luck, they BOTH were on international tours when I was in Japan for a year.

Also traveling is also part of the whole thing I don't want to settle down just yet!! Priority list of travel is definitely Japan!! I will meet those two composers!!

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:20 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 09:20 AM #45 of 64
I have been going through alot of inner battles about stuff like this. I just want to do something I am passionate about and proud of.

I was speaking idiomatically.
todaysmiracle
Mrs

Member 33102

Level 1.47

Mar 2009

Old Mar 2, 2009, 08:06 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2009, 02:06 PM #46 of 64
My dream is to become a writer. I'm writing my first book now, actually, together with a Swedish celebrity, which I ses as my chance to get published (apart from the fact that this other person is a great and loving person). So cross your fingers I'll make it!

And when I get famous and people buy my books all over the place, I will move to the country side, preferably by the sea and sit and write and live a peacefull, simple life.

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2009, 08:18 AM #47 of 64
In a perfect world, I'd want to learn everything. Not to brag, but I'm fairly decent at anything I do. Note the "FAIRLY DECENT". In my short experience of life thus far, I've always been able to pick up on things quickly and excel with it. So, I'd want to learn as much as I could just for the sake of knowing. I think that's part of the reason I love the character of Multiple Man in the X-Factor comic. He just sends a copy out to learn something, it does it for a few years, comes back and he absorbs the copy and has all the knowledge and experience it gained. Fucking awesome. But, retarded mutant powers aside, I think it'd be awesome to be able to go around and learn how to do things. Why not be able to do it all?

Realistically speaking, though, I love to build things. Computers, Legos, arts & crafts, etc. I think it's pretty much the only reason I can stand my retail copy job at FedEx. So, I wouldn't mind being able to just setup shop and make props, and neat nerdy/geeky modded items and/or furniture. I'm kind of working on it now, but I lack a space to do it on. Stuff takes a fairly large amount of space, though. Kinda sucks.

FELIPE NO
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Mar 2, 2009, 08:42 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2009, 08:42 PM #48 of 64
I would like to finance and build large arcologies and influence social patterns through their layout and operation. I would like to invest in hypersonic flight research so we finally move over to concepts people pioneered decades ago. I'd like to be one of the initial test subjects for transitioning to machine existence. Seem like reasonable goals.
Quote:
For example - I'd like to write a cantata but I certainly cannot.
Although admittedly difficult, this doesn't seem like something that is completely outside the realm of possibility. Perhaps a smaller solo one rather than a full on opera-scale affair.

Most amazing jew boots
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Mar 6, 2009, 05:56 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2009, 11:56 AM #49 of 64
My plans for the are this:

Film Composer.

Hold on, we may be able to help each other...but seriously contact me if you ever just want to dabble doing a little project. See what happens eh?

Ever since I was a little kid I knew I wanted to do something creative. Weaving stories and not crunching numbers. It took a while to figure out exactly how that would manifest but I'm really happy to be doing film though. I've had some nasty writer's block lately, but that'll go away at some point hopefully.

Cliched but I want to be a director and hopefully make my mark on people's minds, even if it's just one film.

As for personal goals I want to travel more, hopefully to Japan for a while so I don't waste those five years of studying Japanese and find a nice girl eventually =p.

lili-hime
Wark!

Member 33510

Level 1.00

Apr 2009

Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:45 PM 7 #50 of 64
You know I'm really not 100% sure on this.

Really I want to move out of where I am (buffalo) and move somewhere a bit more nerdy if that makes sense at all. I want to go back to college and learn some computer programming like I did back when i first went but this time actually complete it.

Then hopefully get a good job in the field of compute programming, buy a house in like LA or somewhere where punk is godly (im a dork for punk music)....then really just see where life takes me.
wow..u reallie..have a mind there.. ^^..nice..hm..i would like to do anything with my life if i could also not worrying about family, school, and other things..haha..i wish..^^

Additional Spam:
Hold on, we may be able to help each other...but seriously contact me if you ever just want to dabble doing a little project. See what happens eh?

Ever since I was a little kid I knew I wanted to do something creative. Weaving stories and not crunching numbers. It took a while to figure out exactly how that would manifest but I'm really happy to be doing film though. I've had some nasty writer's block lately, but that'll go away at some point hopefully.

Cliched but I want to be a director and hopefully make my mark on people's minds, even if it's just one film.

As for personal goals I want to travel more, hopefully to Japan for a while so I don't waste those five years of studying Japanese and find a nice girl eventually =p.
wow!! u study five years of japanese.. ...i want to learn it too, and i'm going to take it eventaully, and i know a bit that's all... ^^

Last edited by lili-hime; Apr 23, 2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What would you like to do with your life?