Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Have you/would you stay with someone if they cheated?

SlightlyOddGuy
The Higher Cow

Member 14439

Level 3.73

Oct 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:41 AM #101 of 136
Quote:
Hope you look for girls who share your views, then,
Yeah, me too.

Quote:
otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.
A few minutes isn't overly terrible.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vive le roi.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:40 AM #102 of 136
I'm glad you cleared things up Sword Familiar. For the most part, I feel that people contributing to the thread have spoken through hypotheticals. Of course we can all say what we would and should do if cheating happenes, but when you are caught in the moment, you don't think so clearly. You do things that arent characteric to you and you alter your values. Its easy for someone to say that they would never ever tolerate cheating, but if you found someone you truly loved (not neccessarily the perfect person keep in mind) I am sure the story would go differently. Your story outlined that to me (or at least I think.) For some, strong feelings and unwillingness to let go may lead you to stick it through. Its different for different people. What I'm really trying to say is that cheating is circumstantial, as you have mentioned, but also hard to predict one's reaction to.

In any case, my statement was not directly specifically towards you but I'm glad someone responded.

As for sexual experimentation, there are some people I know who prefer multiple partners or open relationships. Not really my thing but theres an alternative to monogamy that isnt being single.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 05:50 PM #103 of 136
Originally Posted by Hydelloon
As for sexual experimentation, there are some people I know who prefer multiple partners or open relationships. Not really my thing but theres an alternative to monogamy that isnt being single.
Yeah well, if it's a mutual agreement it isn't cheating.

FELIPE NO
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:45 PM #104 of 136
-_-;;;

Ooops.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 01:18 PM #105 of 136
It depends on a few things. What exactly do you mean by affair(how bad), Sometimes things happen in accident. Sometimes they don't really love the person, see the mistake and love you more. I think If i cought her doing another guy then yeah it will hurt alot. I guess I would probably let her go because obviously i am not satisfying her and she isn't happy with me. Yes i'd blame myself is that wrong? maybe. If I found out she was just simply being a flurt with someone else again I am obviously not good enough and would have to talk to her about that. If i cought her kissing another guy then i would have to enterigate her on what actualy happened. I can tell when a women lies. Hell i grew up around them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 05:38 PM #106 of 136
Claiming you can ALWAYS tell when a women (lol) lies is kind of like claiming you're ALWAYS right. It's a statement that's true only in your mind, more often than not. Also, I am at a loss to explain how you grew up at all, if you were around womens when you were supposed to be doing this so-called "growing up." "Grown-up" and "women" just don't go together unless you're real lucky.

All right so maybe that was a little bit harsh. Sorry womens. Didn't completely mean that. Only halfway. Two-thirds maybe.

And if you overreact that much about a women simply flurting (best spelling EVAR, will use from now on) then I would suggest you never have a relationship, because flurting happens naturally even if the two people aren't attracted to each other, on a conscious level anyway. "Flurting" near as I can tell is just a label put on "joking around." Every time I give my waitress a hard time and tease her about the way she takes our orders or something, I am accused of flurting with my waitress, but I say Nay, this is not my intent. I am simply comfortable with myself and she provided the opportunity for a joke or a jab, so I took it, much the same as I would do with any of my friends or even slight acquaintances. And chances are I made her day ten times better with my hilarious "flurting" which gave her a break from all the grumpy sourpusses that line the tables here. No no, if that was flurting, then I flurt with everyone, including guys.

How ya doing, buddy?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 02:34 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 04:04 PM #107 of 136
I just wouldn't be able to stay with someone if they ever cheated on me, because any relationship that I've ever been involved with even though I haven't had too many relationships in particular are built upon trust and honesty.

I guess I can't really say for certain what I would do, because I've never been put in that situation before and I hope I never have to know what the experience feels like. Even if I did go through this experience of someone cheating on me, I'd probably be more hard on myself than the person that actually cheated on me. I would think that I obviously didn't do a very good job of being a good bf and she seeked someone else that could make her happier. Unfortunately, thats the type of person I am, I tend to be more hard on myself than other people especially if it means me going through a negatvie consequence at the end. Its always what could I have done to not let this happen, and what can I do to improve upon it, not nescessarily what the person did was horrible.

Its just for me, my take on relationships, is if I'm with any woman, she will always be one of my first priorities and above anything else I remain to be faithful to her through good times and bad times. I guess trust is always going to be fundamental factor in any relationship and I think its one of the best building blocks toward the foundation of a long and stable relationship.

I will agree with Alice's statement to a point, that we are just animals and we do have a certain male animal instinct to pass off our horomones to as many females as possible. Yes, human beings do have moments of weakness, but human beings have a higher brain function as well. I will try my best to never let a moment of weakness destroy a great relationship I have with gf.

Alice you might be familiar with my situation, back a few months ago. I have a gf who has a slim to 0 sex drive. To be honest I'm actually in the process of propsing to her within the next 6 months. She feels bad, that she is not as intimate as what I would like her to be. She has even said in this forum that she wouldn't mind me having sex with other people, as long as I didn't love them. Even for the fact I did have permission from her to be intimate with other women, I wouldn't act upon it. I would still consider it as cheating.

If any woman is willing to give me a chance to be a positive influence in their life, I am going to be faithful to them without a second thought. In terms of moments of weakness, have I had lustful feelings for other women during the entire time I've been with my gf, of course I have and she knows that, but will I ever act upon them; of course not. I have turned down one night stands during the time I've been with her.

Deep down, I'll always try my best to never let a moment of weakness get the better of me especially when I'm in a relationship. As well, if anybody cheated on me I would probably not forgive them 99.5% of the time, but it all really depends on the situation and the circumstances. The trust has been broken, and its a bond for me that is not mended very easily. If I feel I can be mentally strong enough not to cheat, I would like to expect the same from my significant other. Besides if for any apparent/unknown reason I did cheat, I wouldn't expect my gf to take me back either, and even if she did I wouldn't accept it because I failed her and I failed myself.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Angel of Light; Nov 2, 2006 at 02:57 PM.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 08:57 PM #108 of 136
I don't know if i would stay with my partner if they cheated on me. If they admitted it to me, then there may be a slim chance that we could work it out, but if I found out through someone else, or caught them in the act, I wouldn't be able to forgive them.

I would more than likely not stay with my partner if they had cheated on me though, I just wouldn't be able to look at them, or treat them the same than before they cheated on me, knowing that they had been with another person.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 06:36 PM #109 of 136
I hate to jump back a few pages but Alice does have an good point htouhg.

After being with someone for 10-20 years you may feel sad and so much more but when you have young children or teens. They need both of you to be there for them. Some parents, hell some of my parents friends kept together just cause of kids. They sometimes had sex but they compromise for the sake of thier kids to have both mother and father to be there. Some went even has far as becoming swingers or able to share and etc but the only rule was to be back before a certain time around 10 or so the kids never got wind of it till well they were 18+ or whatever.

Sometimes it's best to stick together through hardships, it shows maturity to me to be able to work out things like this especially for your kids.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
=+Yuni+=
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Member 14890

Level 7.40

Nov 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 08:41 PM #110 of 136
I don't think I'd be able to be strong enough to forgive someone if they cheated and still wanted to stay with me. I'm real big on the whole trust thing in relationships and the idea of my significant other cheating on me is really painful.

I admire people who could be strong enough to forgive someone for cheating on them...

zergkiller
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 14915

Level 3.31

Nov 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:53 AM #111 of 136
i used to think no, don't stay. Now i reckon life is not just black and white. a lot would depend on the situation and why they did it.

FELIPE NO
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: Nov 4, 2006, 08:29 PM #112 of 136
Originally Posted by Ayos
Claiming you can ALWAYS tell when a women (lol) lies is kind of like claiming you're ALWAYS right. It's a statement that's true only in your mind, more often than not. Also, I am at a loss to explain how you grew up at all, if you were around womens when you were supposed to be doing this so-called "growing up." "Grown-up" and "women" just don't go together unless you're real lucky.
I agree and obviously i was kidding on the always tell about lies thing. On the contrary I am very gullable. I do however stand by the fact that i did grow up around wemon (male bashing women at that.) however you want to take that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 01:51 PM #113 of 136
I "grew up" around male-bashing wemon (lol again) as well. 5 sisters, 3 brothers, and I am the middle child. So I know where you're coming from.

Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 03:49 PM #114 of 136
Hell No! I just cant trust them anymore and the sight of the cheater's fakes makes me puke.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 12:22 AM #115 of 136
Originally Posted by Zio
I hate to jump back a few pages but Alice does have an good point htouhg.

After being with someone for 10-20 years you may feel sad and so much more but when you have young children or teens. They need both of you to be there for them. Some parents, hell some of my parents friends kept together just cause of kids. They sometimes had sex but they compromise for the sake of thier kids to have both mother and father to be there. Some went even has far as becoming swingers or able to share and etc but the only rule was to be back before a certain time around 10 or so the kids never got wind of it till well they were 18+ or whatever.

Sometimes it's best to stick together through hardships, it shows maturity to me to be able to work out things like this especially for your kids.
I really don't agree with you on this. Breaking a relationship doesn't necessarily mean that you're breaking off with your kids. Even if your parents doesn't have a relationship with eachother, it doesn't mean that they won't be there for their kids. I would rather my mom and dad be separated and happy, than living together and loathing eachother. Kids notice these things. If your parents are not happy, your kids most likely won't be either.

For the record, my parents have been separated for as long as I can remember. And that's ok, because I know they love me, and I know that they are happier this way. I don't know why they broke up in the first place, but I realize they were mature enough to come to the conclusion that it wasn't going to work. Ok, they hadn't been together for 10-20 years, but that doesn't really make any difference. It's better this way. They are both there for me, and they are both happy. What more could I possibly ask for?

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 05:36 PM #116 of 136
Originally Posted by Roan
Hell No! I just cant trust them anymore and the sight of the cheater's fakes makes me puke.
Muwahaha. Roan's girlfriend had another boyfriend while they were dating. Fucking hilarious.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:54 AM #117 of 136
true. makes me mad. I took things seriously y' know. I want revenge.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 10:21 AM #118 of 136
Uh... so what are you gonna do? Make her want you again, then get with her and screw another girl? Or perhaps screw her sister? :lolsign:

Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:15 PM #119 of 136
I wish I could do that. Nothing tastes better than sweet cold revenge you know.

Double Post:
Back on topic though, I'd rather get dumped/or dump someone than get cheated on. But then again so would most of you.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Roan; Nov 6, 2006 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 09:17 PM #120 of 136
Originally Posted by Roan
Back on topic though, I'd rather get dumped/or dump someone than get cheated on. But then again so would most of you.
Yeah, that would be the most decent thing to do, in my opinion.

How ya doing, buddy?
Leveless
Banned

Member 15214

Level 4.94

Nov 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:16 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 10:16 AM #121 of 136
If I were cheated on, the head would roll one of two ways…

I would beat the guy sleeping with my chick and remove her from my premises in a legal manner. Then I would order a pizza and take some bong rips.

Or

I would pretend nothing happened, order a pizza and take some bong rips. Depends on how my day went at work.

I recently had to call a party foul on my roommate for engaging my girlfriend in a conversation about sexual preferences and fetishes and then asking for her number. I put a screech in that record in front of everyone. It isn’t because I’m insecure. It’s the exact opposite. I’m just a fur coat shy of urinating on everything and everyone in my pride. But at the same time, I’m very non-confrontational. So I just told the guy to study up on social etiquette before he pissed the wrong person off. No pun intended.

Decoy Goat
25 to life on probation

Member 650

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:02 AM #122 of 136
Now let's all go rip some bongs!

Also did you just say you're a furry I think you did lol

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Phoenix X
Samurai

Member 10673

Level 8.06

Aug 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 12:15 PM #123 of 136
I love that both of your options include bong rips. Clearly, they are necessary in such a situation. Last time that happened to me, I went for option B. The bong rips helped, but not as much as choosing option A a couple months later did!

Bong rips solve everything. Except for being a furry. Damn, dude, quit smokin' and get some frakkin' therapy! :P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:57 AM #124 of 136
Easy answer: No

Most amazing jew boots
Hitman_Hart
The King of Harts

Member 15231

Level 1.34

Nov 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:34 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 11:34 AM #125 of 136
I have never been cheated on before. But if I were to be cheated on, and she was my world to me, I would still dump her. Considering that if she was my world, but I wasn't her world, as there was someone else having a relationship with her, I don't think it would work out.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Have you/would you stay with someone if they cheated?