Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Israeli Establishment Literally Wants Ethnic Cleansing

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:16 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2010, 10:16 AM #1 of 57
the rest of the world will side with the arabs and wipe Israel off the map.
Right after Hell freezes over. Besides, killing people en masse is never good regardless of the circumstances. I think Israel's actions are pretty indefensible, but I'd rather the rest of the world not sink to their level.

I honestly wonder if there's any solution the Palestinians would really accept though. If Israel withdrew back to their pre-1967 borders, I can't help but think the Palestinians would still want all the land for themselves.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:37 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2010, 05:37 PM #2 of 57
I don't think European nations would ever invade Israel but I certainly don't think they'd put up much of an argument if Syria or Lebanon did (Again) and even less so if a confederation of Arab nations turned on Israel. It really is only America that supports Israel internationally and if they ever lost that support, I don't see anyone else rushing to their defence.
That I will agree with. Nobody, even America is going to care enough about Israel after all that has happened. Nobody will register more than a token protest if Arabs take decisive action. It won't be considered a good thing but plenty of nations if not all will be happy to turn a blind eye.

Additional Spam:
Many different Palestinian factions have already stated that they would go for this solution [the return to green-line borders] if it where to bring peace. The Israelis are the ones who are blocking it tooth and nail, because they are looking to expand their territory to include anything worthwhile as far as resources and trade routes goes while boxing in the Palestinian territories.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
As far as the rest of the world is concerned, most of it already is siding with the Palestinians in the sense that they are condemning the Israel Defense Forces' constant incursions into Gaza.
Sure. That's true, and I don't deny it. I just don't think any non-Arab nation is actually going to join in with direct action. They might sympathise, but that's as far as it goes.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Soluzar; Jun 29, 2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2010, 06:28 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2010, 12:28 AM #3 of 57
Any "decisive action" Arabs might want to take is going to result in their utter destruction until at least one of them becomes a nuclear weapons state. They know this, which is why the last Arab-Israeli war was in 1973.
I acknowledge the point, at the present it would be impossible. However, I'm not sure it will be that long before there's a certain Arab nation with nuclear weapons capability. You must appreciate however, that I don't regard the scenario under discussion as in any way likely. I just don't suppose that the rest of the world would waste much time in weeping about it. They might issue an official statement condemning the actions taken against Israel, but it would be a token gesture.

Additional Spam:
Sanctioning the voyages of Gaza Aid Flotillas is pretty serious direct action that sends a significant message to Israel.
Yes, it is. As per Styphon's post, may I correct my previous statement to say 'direct military action. Ultimately if anything is going to happen it will be down to the Arabs to do it. The most likely development is going to be that Iran develop nuclear weapons capability and restore somewhat of a balance of power. There are several potential paths this could take the situation down from there, and I don't claim to be prescient enough to know exactly what the outcome would be.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Soluzar; Jun 30, 2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:47 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2010, 02:47 AM #4 of 57
Only if they keep it so far under wraps that Israel, the U.S. or anyone else likely to tell them don't hear a word about it. Israel tends to respond to suspected nuclear weapons programs in countries it doesn't like and who don't like them with air strikes, assassinations and whatever other violent mischief they deem necessary.
So that's what Israel would do about it, but what exactly do you think the U.S. would do about it? I'm thinking a lot of saber-rattling but not a lot of action. I could be dead wrong, but I'm thinking that the Americans don't have a lot of appetite for getting involved in yet another middle-east war right now.

As for the Israeli response, I don't doubt you're right but things are different now than they were. Isn't it possible that knowing about the Israeli propensity for such actions the putative nuclear power might take greater precautions? I admit I might just be naive here...

Also we talk about "what if", but isn it already starting?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Israeli Establishment Literally Wants Ethnic Cleansing