Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Installing program, without access to "administrator"

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 06:58 PM #1 of 11
Installing program, without access to "administrator"

My school's computers (which I have access to all day, only to me + my team) has now been protected because of some stupid school rule. And now, I only have certain access to the computer. Just the internet, pretty much - no installations. Does anyone know how install something on the computer without accessing the Admin? I'm willing to take the risk.

The computers have Windows XP.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 06:38 PM #2 of 11
What kind of programs are we talking about?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:39 PM #3 of 11
Like, Flash (http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...hockwaveFlash), to run Youtube.

A computer without Youtube is useless =(

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:38 PM #4 of 11
Well, if you have thumbdrive, that's an easy problem to solve. Just get Portable Firefox and copy the Mozilla flash plugin DLLs to the appropriate directory in the Portable Firefox directory.

Actually, copying programs to your thumbdrive that can be ran without needing to be "officially" installed first is the best way to go, really. That's what I did in high school.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:54 PM #5 of 11
Thanks! It worked! =D

And heh, I transfered winamp onto it. And through opening a new playlist, I'm able to access the C:\ and now, they can delete my stuff xD (They erase the desktop every start up).

And then somehow, I restarted, logged back on... and I had all the admin privileges. Is there a way to get the admin password through the registry?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:07 PM #6 of 11
No.

Passwords are stored in their encrypted form in a file that is locked while Windows is running.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:21 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 09:21 AM #7 of 11
But it IS possible to get at the encrypted passwords once you're boosted to Administrator access. You do need to decrypt them, and on strong passwords, it'll take a while!

I know this question has been answered, but I have an alternative. Pick any folder aside from \Program Files\ and you may just be able to install. Unless of course your IT administrator placed Group Policies prohibiting Windows Installer from running. (But this only affects programs that use Windows Installer to install themselves!)

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Dec 22, 2006 at 08:28 PM.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 01:39 AM #8 of 11
Heh, I figured out how to break the login. All you have to do is take out the internet cable, log-in, and replug the internet cable. Apparently, the internet varifies that you're on a student account. And now, I can install pretty much everything - except MSN. I'll have to manually put it in the C:\Windows folder later.

I don't even know why they bothered installing the new security system. They limit only 50MBs of disk space - but luckily, I figured out how to get back my 50+GBs and installed Unreal Tournament, no problem.

Are there any programs that steals the login + password when entered? So when they come back to "fix" something... score!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 02:09 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 03:09 PM #9 of 11
Sure there are. I'm sure you'll be able to find tons of keylogging applications out there.

Realize, however, that what you are doing is legally questionable, and if you are caught, will result in many problems.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
bugzy113
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17437

Level 1.00

Dec 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 02:36 PM #10 of 11
Lets say you want to install a program like ccleaner on a pc thats blocked, how whould you go about doing that on a pc without admin rights?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:03 AM #11 of 11
It depends on the system.

Does anyone know how to create shortcuts on the bottom right hand corner?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Installing program, without access to "administrator"