Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Worst President of the 20th Century
William McKinley 1 0.71%
Theodore Roosevelt 0 0%
William H. Taft 5 3.55%
Warren G. Harding 12 8.51%
Calvin Coolidge 2 1.42%
Herbert Hoover 10 7.09%
Franklin D. Roosevelt 7 4.96%
Harry S Truman 3 2.13%
Dwight D. Eisenhower 0 0%
John F. Kennedy 0 0%
Lyndon B. Johnson 12 8.51%
Richard Nixon 15 10.64%
Gerald Ford 2 1.42%
Jimmy Carter 19 13.48%
Ronald Reagan 18 12.77%
George H. W. Bush 25 17.73%
Bill Clinton 5 3.55%
Woodrow Wilson 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Worst President of the 20th Century

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2008, 06:48 PM #76 of 88
Damn, what a refresher on US History.

While I was only alive for two of these guys (and only good memories of one of them), I did pay attention enough in US History to remember some of these guys were douches. I don't know who was the bigger one--WW for the megafail described in these pages, Harding for just rolling in charisma and doing about nothing, or Hoover for not only doing nothing about the Depression, but being an arrogant assmonkey about it. I mean, fucking Hoovervilles?

I think I'll pick Hoover for now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2008, 07:50 PM #77 of 88
You're aware "Hooverville" was a term intended to insult Hoover, not something he coined himself, yes?

How ya doing, buddy?
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2008, 11:35 PM #78 of 88
Dammit, knew I mixed something up.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
mor20
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31265

Level 2.00

Jul 2008

Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:50 AM 1 #79 of 88
I think the worst President is George H. W. Bush jonior
bomb iraq bringing troops inside iraq there still positive side in iraq war and that was killing sadam hussin
and there was the 9/11 that was horrible all bush falt

FELIPE NO
joshuak
Carob Nut

Member 32079

Level 4.68

Oct 2008

Old Nov 1, 2008, 08:46 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2008, 06:46 PM #80 of 88
Jimmy Carter without a doubt. The energy crisis, inflation, signing over the Panama Canal, and unwillingness to attempt a feasible rescue attempt. Has any other president screwed up as much as he has?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 1, 2008, 08:48 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2008, 08:48 PM #81 of 88
IT'S ALIIIIIVE! MY CREATION! IT's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! AHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
todaysmiracle
Mrs

Member 33102

Level 1.47

Mar 2009

Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:54 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2009, 01:54 PM #82 of 88
I voted Reagan, but I think a lot of that's out of nostalgia. Those were the days! In Sweden (a very small country way up norht, somewhere over in Europe) we believed we had everything and knew everything and loved to expess our hybris in street manifestations. O, all the streets I've marched shouthing "US out of Central America!"

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Mar 7, 2009, 02:34 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2009, 02:34 PM #83 of 88
Voted for Nixon due to a couple reasons.

First is the impeachment, which has been discussed significantly already. In the end, I think his public disgrace, rather than the actual actions leading up to it, has done more to harm the image of the United States and its leader than any other president's actions. And while there has been argument that image is only a minor factor, his impeachment has helped to create wide-scale pessimism for the idea of democracy itself, as the common view now is that all votes are for the lesser of two corrupt evils.

All this being preceded by the resignation of his Vice Pres. under a dark cloud didn't help.

Another strong factor is his handling of the economy during both terms, where he laid the groundwork for supply side economics, and helped fuel inflation which plagued the 80's through price fixing and heavy handed internal regulation / protectionism.

I personally also begrudge him for his handling of the space program, limiting NASA to orbital ferrying runs, rather than the grand dream of Kennedy.

Actually, with all the talk of Vietnam, I'm surprised there aren't a few votes for Kennedy, as he took us from 800 soldiers to over 16000 and set the path for further escalation.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2009, 02:49 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2009, 02:49 PM #84 of 88
In the end, I think his public disgrace, rather than the actual actions leading up to it, has done more to harm the image of the United States and its leader than any other president's actions.
No offense but that's really fucking stupid and ignores the image of America in anywhere that isn't Europe and Canada.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Mar 7, 2009, 06:09 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2009, 06:09 PM #85 of 88
None taken. I included the effect of our image in other regions of the world when I made that assessment, which is why I arrived there. One of the main reasons I said this is that while there have been other events which have affected our perception among other nations, few have been so contained to a single presidency, and represented such a shift in such a short time. Most have instead led to a slow erosion of faith and trust in American government happening over decades or more. The impeachment of Nixon, on the other hand, is a single point that helped tip us from being perceived as a land of well meaning elected representatives, who sometimes do wrong, to one of morally corrupt bureaucrats, who only occasionally show their better natures. It also came at a particularly opportune time, right after a long and unpopular war, where his policies created a further perception of lying to the world.

While the immediate effects of this were felt internally and in Europe, or more specifically, our social and military allies, it has propagated into how people of all nations look at us and democracy. Since one of our main tools of conquest is social, the fact that our internal media now openly distrusts its government, means that this viewpoint is the first thing sent abroad. Our own distrust infects everyone our movies, television or print touch.

As one important end, this changes views on adopting democracy in other countries, particularly developing ones, as they start at a point where they already don't trust their leaders. How will democracy be better when it just results in a different breed of scum perverting the system and receiving no justice?

This is why I would also say that Ford did us no favor with his pardon, as it helped the perception that there are never consequences for the powerful, because we don't want to deal with the mess.

All our politics and trade relations are affected by these views, and the first thoughts are always "What does America have to gain?" and "How are they trying to screw us?" since we're now playing in the dirt with them.

Most amazing jew boots
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:44 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2009, 11:44 PM #86 of 88
Originally Posted by Araes
The impeachment of Nixon, on the other hand
never happened, because Nixon resigned before it could.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:39 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2009, 12:39 AM #87 of 88
True, and my error of speech. More properly, the impeachment hearings, cover-up scandal, and eventual resignation of Nixon in the face of near-certain impeachment.

FELIPE NO
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:43 AM #88 of 88
never happened, because Nixon resigned before it could.
And with that, Captain Pedant had made the world safe again.

God bless you, Captain Pedant.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Worst President of the 20th Century