Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Graphical glitches on my computer.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:38 PM #1 of 3
Graphical glitches on my computer.

I don't know what is causing these problems, but a few weird things are happening and I think they might be related. Here are the things that are happening.

1. My computer is getting graphical glitches for no reason. For example I'll be browsing, and open up a couple windows or so and all of a sudden I'll have all these lines stuck to all my windows. Here is a screenshot of an AIM window, and my desktop. http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1917/window17dr.jpg

http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/6310/desktop8zj.jpg

This happens randomly and happens quite often. Maybe 10 times a day, random little graphical glitches will get stuck all over. Also it messes with everything. Sometimes my cursor disappears and becomes a blur, and I have to reboot to see it again. I've noticed these graphical glitches occur most often when viewing videos, but happen when doing anything as well.

2. This issue is sort of hard to explain. You know how when you leave your computer idle for a while your monitor makes a noise and goes into powersave? When this happens the monitor goes black until you hit a key and it turns back on. Well randomly I'll be browsing the internet or typing something and I'll notice my screen completely froze, then the monitor will quickly go into powersave(the power light turns from green to orange) for a second and turns instantly back on. This happens once a day.

Also randomly, like once every couple weeks, it wil randomly go into powersave when I am doing something, but it won't come out of it. So I'll be hitting keys and moving my mouse and the screen is stuck on black. Finally it will snap out of it after about 30 seconds, and it will be on the BIOS screen, meaning my computer just randomly decided to reboot on it's own. After I reboot again after this happens, I get a message when my desktop loads up saying Windows had encoutered a serious error.

I know these problems are hard to explain, so if you can't quite understand what's happening, let me know, and I'll try to clarify.

How ya doing, buddy?
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:06 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 01:06 AM #2 of 3
Sounds to me like something's sick with your hardware, possibly power supply or graphics card. It can be a heating issue, if your case isn't properly ventilated. I know I was having all sorts of crazy issues when my case wasn't ventilated like it should be, including graphics corruption and reboots.

Though I hear power save is notorious for causing problems like the one you describe. (i.e. going off and staying off) I suggest either screensaver, monitor off, or just power off altogether as an alternative.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:35 AM #3 of 3
That was my guess. Either my video card or my drivers are messed up. If my video card goes, I can just buy a new one to replace it, right?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Graphical glitches on my computer.