Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

World of Warcraft movie

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 05:49 AM #1 of 49
World of Warcraft movie

At least Warner Bros has it so no Uwe Boll

Originally Posted by Comingsoon.net
Warner Bros.-based Legendary Pictures has picked up film rights to adapt the popular fantasy video game franchise World of Warcraft and will develop the project with game publisher Blizzard Entertainment, which is owned by Vivendi.

While the "Warcraft" franchise has been around for more than a decade, the most recent iteration, the megahit online title "World of Warcraft," has transformed the video game industry.

Unlike most games, where players pay $50 once and play until they're done, more than 6 million people around the world pay $14.99 per month to participate in the multiplayer game.

Legendary put up half the money for Warners' Batman Begins and the upcoming

Jam it back in, in the dark.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:44 AM #2 of 49
Bumping this up. 3 year necro!

Originally Posted by Blizzard, Inc
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – July 22, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment®’s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Charles Roven’s producing talents were recently seen with last summer’s blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards® and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi’s producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi’s partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

"Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers" said Legendary’s Tull. "Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen."

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."
Sam Raimi is an interesting choice, but I just hope it doesn't fail completely. I didn't care for Spiderman 2 and 3 and have yet to see Drag Me to Hell (heard it wasn't too bad, so I'll have to check it out.) Guess we'll be seeing Bruce Campbell in it in some form or fashion since he's in just about everything Raimi does.

Guess the discussion about what direction they take the movie can start. Like where which timeline it is set in, who the heroes are going to be, etc...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2009, 01:57 PM #3 of 49
Maybe I was just "Spider-Man"d out after my friends would always want to watch the first one. I'll give it another watch and see if my opinion on it has changed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2009, 04:33 PM #4 of 49
Warcraft movie titled: Rise of the Lich King

Originally Posted by mmo-champion
Warcraft Movie Details, Including the New Title
Newsinfilm.com reported an interesting change to the IMDB page of the Warcraft movie ... it's now called Warcraft: The Rise of the Lich King.

Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have updated the IMDB page for the upcoming Warcraft movie. The title now reads Warcraft: The Rise of the Lich King and a tentative release of 2011 (likely during the summer). As announced in July, Sam Raimi will be directing the feature film based on the 15-year-old video game franchise.

Right away the subtitle is an obvious reference to the most recent World of Warcraft expansion released in November 2008 titled “Wrath of the Lich King.” It was (and still is) the fastest selling computer game of all time, setting the record at 2.8 million copies in the first 24 hours.

Speculation has begun that it could also be linked to the best-selling Christie Golden novel bearing the same subtitle. The book draws heavily from the lore established in Warcraft III and its Frozen Throne expansion pack and tells the story of Arthas Menethil from age 10. (Read more on Newsinfilm.com)
The article was just taken down from mmo-champ. So I'm listing this as a "rumor" just incase someone was having a little "fun" over at IMDB (which is always a huge possibility)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 06:33 PM #5 of 49
It was debunked as far as I know. I think it was someone at IMDB being a shithead as the title was recently changed back from Rise of Arthas to just "Warcraft". Makes sense since Metzen has stated that the movie wouldn't be about Arthas but still like a year before WoW. But I dunno.

The book was good enough and actually wouldn't mind seeing it turned into a movie (if handled right).

I was speaking idiomatically.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2015, 07:55 AM #6 of 49
I know this thread is older than aged dirt, but we finally have a trailer and release date for this movie:

Warcraft Trailer

Directed by Duncan Jones (who reworked the script from being all about Alliance to a mixture of both Alliance and Horde). Based off of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

Looks neat.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2016, 05:02 PM #7 of 49
Some mainstream critics are slamming this hard. Going as far as calling it a Lords of the Rings, ripoff. However, fans of Warcraft itself are saying how amazing it is. Even some people who didn't know what it was all about are liking it, leaving them wanting for another one. It's already made something close to like $40 million in the markets that it has opened in though, so that's something.

I don't know how well it'll do when released next weekend stateside and in China, but I'm hoping it makes enough to warrant another Warcraft movie. What they'll do for the next one, I have no idea. Maybe go into Frozen Throne?

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > World of Warcraft movie