Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

World of Warcraft movie

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:44 AM #1 of 49
I haven't seen a movie YET based on a video game that didn't completely suck. Advent Children being the only exception, I thought that was pretty spiffy. It didn't completely go over to appeal to a wide audience, and didn't completely depart from what the fans would want either, kind of a half-way-in-between sort of deal.

So if they pull this off, it would be the second movie ever based on a video game that was awesome. Then again, I haven't seen Silent Hill, I've heard that was pretty cool.

But yeah...I wonder why its so hard to make a good movie based off of a video game. Maybe they just need to shoot Uwe Boll for that to start happening.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

FGSFDS!!!
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 02:10 PM #2 of 49
Originally Posted by Newbie1234
The original Mortal Kombat was good. Raiden & Johnny Cage were great fun.
Meh =/ it was merely OK, at least imho. But you are right, I guess its another one that didn't completely suck.

Quote:
I'd also rather see a StarCraft movie, and not yet another Lord of the Rings rip off.
Amen! There was so much story potential in Starcraft as to what was going on behind the scenes. Anybody remember the opening cinematic to Brood War? You could build quite a lot off of that...maybe even have the movie open with that cinematic as kind of a nostalgia factor or something.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

FGSFDS!!!
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 02:25 PM #3 of 49
Originally Posted by avanent
no. Perhaps a reinactment, but not the fmv itself. Thsoe graphics are outdated now and would cause quite a sitnk. In addition, they werent made fo rthe big screen and thus wouldn't look so good at a projection of that magnitude.
lol, good point. It looks like shit on my 1280x1024 LCD.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

FGSFDS!!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > World of Warcraft movie