Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

World of Warcraft movie

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 07:03 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 09:03 PM #1 of 49
The original warcraft was fairly dark. Warcraft 2 was more vibrant and playful, but an excellent improvement from the first. Warcraft 3 took a more realistic aspect, which I thought was for the better. The graphic style was still bright and colorful, but the game itself wasnt.

WoW is a mixed message with a poorly defined plot, the opening movie seems fairly serious, but everything else... Its like the game is one big laughing matter; which never amused me. What plot will there be, and how why will anyone take it seriously? If the movie is more serious, then I think fans will be disapointed that it doesnt have that "light-hearted" feel the game does. Making a movie of WoW is setting up for a disaster on film... although with the fanbase, it could be lucrative regardless.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3

Last edited by avanent; May 9, 2006 at 07:08 AM.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 09:59 PM #2 of 49
Originally Posted by joey561
This is ridiculous. When is Uwe Boll going to give up? The Resident Evil films SUCKED... He can't make videogame movies, period.
You are aware that Uwe Boll had nothing to do with RE, right? Please watch House fo the Dead, Blood Rayne, and Alone in the Dark to expierance Uwe Boll. If you can stomach them :/

There's nowhere I can't reach.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:39 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:39 AM #3 of 49
Starcraft is quite outdated now... but the story remains strong. The cutscenes have a heavy cinematic feel to them already. WoW should of been WoS. Starcraft would also be an easier project, because theres only one game released so far, which means direction would be alot easier.

If they made a starcraft movie, and gave it the same feel as the cinematics... it could be a great film. And I imagine would do rather well on top of that.

Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I said before that this movie can go 1 of 2 ways. They can use it as a cash cow off of world of warcraft and simply appease the fans by doing some lame movie, or they can base it off of warcraft lore that is actually interesting. I wouldn't mind see something based off of Warcraft III/FT but theres no way to fit that all in one movie without making it suck. Sadly I know there is going to be a bunch of nerds ages 13-18 who are going to go see this expecting to see a group of 40 weird looking dressed people entering the molten core to kill Ragnoras. If the movie were based off of this or any other in game WoW content...it will suck big time.
My sentiments exactly.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by avanent; May 10, 2006 at 10:42 AM.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:22 AM #4 of 49
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
maybe even have the movie open with that cinematic as kind of a nostalgia factor or something.
no. Perhaps a reinactment, but not the fmv itself. Thsoe graphics are outdated now and would cause quite a sitnk. In addition, they werent made fo rthe big screen and thus wouldn't look so good at a projection of that magnitude.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > World of Warcraft movie