Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dealing With Time Apart

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2009, 08:37 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2009, 06:37 PM #1 of 14
Dealing With Time Apart

I recently started dating a 19 year old college freshman, she is cute, nice, smart and makes me feel ways I have never felt around anyone. This is partly because due to laziness/social retardation (I'm 23) I have never dated anyone before her. Being a new experience for me I'm trying hard to not make bad mistakes and make this relationship last.

Things are going excellent, except her schedule makes it nearly impossible for us to do anything on weekdays. The wait is awful, sure we can chat over AIM, but it's not the same as when we're together. Part of the problem might be that my only real obligation is my full time job, which means any time I have after work is open and mostly boring.

I haven't tried to be pushy or clingy, I understand she is very busy and I truly treasure any time we can spend together, but that really only helps her.

What I need help with is how for me to cope with the time apart. Being my first real relationship, I don't know of any good ways to cope.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2009, 08:44 PM 10 #2 of 14
Granted I'm probably in no position to speak authoritatively on the subject, but it sounds a lot like you've fixated on this girl because first relationship and all. Makes total sense. Don't do it.

Also the fact that you're 23 and this is a first date implies you've got some social issues. You should be aware of that, and actively work to fix it because otherwise your isolated existence will lead you to extremes in situations like this. Find other things to fill your life with. Go out more in the evenings. If you find an activity interesting, don't listen to excuses why you can't pursue it. Your life can't revolve around her. That won't end well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2009, 09:19 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2009, 07:19 PM #3 of 14
Granted I'm probably in no position to speak authoritatively on the subject, but it sounds a lot like you've fixated on this girl because first relationship and all. Makes total sense. Don't do it.

Also the fact that you're 23 and this is a first date implies you've got some social issues. You should be aware of that, and actively work to fix it because otherwise your isolated existence will lead you to extremes in situations like this. Find other things to fill your life with. Go out more in the evenings. If you find an activity interesting, don't listen to excuses why you can't pursue it. Your life can't revolve around her. That won't end well.
Old habits die hard I have to say. I've been stuck in a large morass of inactivity and apathy since I graduated from high school, I've pretty much either been working or doing a whole lot of nothing over the past four years.

I've been starting to get things in gear, but it certainly hasn't been easy, doing the same thing for four years doesn't lend itself to easy change. It is strange though I have found certain things I used to do (play WoW, go to 4chan, other time wasters) to be very boring, in fact they now feel toxic now that I've started to get more active.

I suppose with a mostly open schedule it's hard not to think about her, but I do try very hard not to be clingy or get too attached too soon. It's just finding ways to occupy my time has been hard since I gave up a lot of my online vices.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2009, 09:48 PM 2 #4 of 14
Join a gym. Start a work-out routine. If you work full-time you've already used up something like 9 hours of your day. A visit to the gym can eat another 1.5 to 2. Try looking at groups on Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com in your geography. That can both broaden your social network and provide you something to do.

And no, if you habitually isolate yourself, then changing is not easy. Realize that is not an excuse.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2009, 01:14 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2009, 12:14 AM #5 of 14
Radez can't be propped enough for this thread. He's spot on, and you should listen to him. Want to feel better, get a more active lifestyle. No excuses, just do the hard thing.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2009, 01:48 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2009, 11:48 PM #6 of 14
Radez can't be propped enough for this thread. He's spot on, and you should listen to him. Want to feel better, get a more active lifestyle. No excuses, just do the hard thing.
Seconded. You gotta break out of that shell somehow.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:02 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2009, 09:02 PM #7 of 14
Long story short things didn't work out and I couldn't feel shittier. But I am planning on doing something this weekend, if just to lessen the sting.

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:23 AM 3 #8 of 14
<Radez29> I like how the dude in quiet place is out of that relationship already
<Radez29> like 3 days.
<CHz> :rainbowdick:
<a_lurker> lol the one you were telling to get real interests
<a_lurker> owned.
<a_lurker> owned.
<a_lurker> owned.

sorry I'm qutoning myself but owned.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:16 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2009, 06:16 PM #9 of 14
<Radez29> I like how the dude in quiet place is out of that relationship already
<Radez29> like 3 days.
<a_lurker> owned.
<a_lurker> owned.
<a_lurker> owned.

If I didn't half-expect that I would have been offended, but anyways time for me to get out; sitting around isn't going to make things any easier.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
H-Bomb
Banned

Member 33163

Level 2.38

Mar 2009

Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:06 AM 1 #10 of 14
Enjoy it. In due time she'll become a nagging, annoying fuckin' bitch.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:05 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2009, 07:05 PM 2 #11 of 14
Hey, at least now she dumped you you'll have more time for watching anime and playing with your plushies.

Most amazing jew boots
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:50 AM 1 1 #12 of 14
<Radez29> like 3 days.
<a_lurker> owned.
<a_lurker> owned.
<a_lurker> owned.

A LURKER DOESN'T CARE.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2009, 09:57 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2009, 07:57 AM 1 #13 of 14
She cares more than you know™.

I was speaking idiomatically.
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:02 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2009, 09:02 AM 1 #14 of 14
jeez that was quick
but i have a question..did you get any action?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Dealing With Time Apart