Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Hana Yori Dango

Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2008, 11:04 PM #1 of 10
Hana Yori Dango

I'm curious if there is anyone else on the boards who is familiar with this series. I've come to love the story and it's many forms. I'm currently at Volume 13 of the manga and about episode 7 of Meteor Garden. Finished the J-drama of it but I've yet to see the anime

Is anyone else around here a fan?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:16 AM #2 of 10
I marathoned the j-drama (season1) a while ago, quite a fun watch! I was pretty much addicted Ai Otsuka's "Planetarium" for a good few weeks after that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ceres

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:32 AM #3 of 10
They have a second season of it and a movie. I haven't seen the movie yet.

I bought both seasons packaged together a while back off Amazon but the subs were crap. They weren't professionally done and instead were the same typo-laden fansubs as the episodes I downloaded off line The packaging was pretty though >.>

So far what I've seen of Meteor Garden (the Taiwanese version of the show, it came out before Japan turned it into a live action) follows the plot more closely to the manga than the Japanese series. Tsukasa's mother is only referenced in the manga, where as in the J-drama she is crucial to the plot, also in the manga and in Meteor Garden Tsukushi has a childhood friend that attends Eitoku.

I never really cared for Planetarium. It's a beautiful song, but I prefer the more upbeat, WISH.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Ceres; Dec 18, 2008 at 12:35 AM.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:21 AM #4 of 10
I believe I watched Season 1 with SARS fansubs, which I thought were pretty good.

But yeah, I need to get on season2. For some reason, I'm pretty sure it won't be able to top Season 1 for me at least. I think I started watching when it was airing, but couldn't stand to wait for each new episode. I decided to wait until it had ended but haven't gotten back around to it.

I did start Meteor Garden sometime after watching HYD, which was probably a mistake. I suppose it was too recent to watch another drama with the same basis. I do hear talk that Meteor Garden does translate from the original manga better than thus the better "original" remake of the story.

WiSH is pretty good; I didn't even know Matsumoto Jun was a singer for Arashi before stumbling on a PV for the song.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ceres

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 08:01 PM #5 of 10
I'm not sure what kind of fansubs I watched it with. The ones I got off line for first season were really good, not sure if they are the same as on the dvd or not. The subs for the second season on the dvds just sucked in general, the worst though was the first episode...and it was a two hour special. It was pretty much hell

Yeah, I've only heard a few songs of Arashi, but I like them. They also do the opening for Season 2, the song is "Love So Sweet". I definately want to find more

Second season is great though, you should definately check it out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2008, 03:44 PM #6 of 10
Yes, with finals all done, I have all the time to watch it now

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2008, 03:56 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2008, 02:56 PM #7 of 10
I read the manga a long time ago, sakura translations did it i think but they've gone down, haven't they? Maybe I'm thinking of another series.

I KNOW I'VE READ IT, JUST CAN'T REMEMBER!
Anyway, found online episodes, gonna watch the first one to see how I like it/if I remember it !

FELIPE NO
Ceres

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2008, 04:46 PM #8 of 10
That's awesome Dyesan! Good luck, hope you enjoy it!

How far in the manga series did you get Tande, do you know? I'm only at 13 now, but I am picking up about as many more as my wallet will allow on Wednesday . The comic shop I get it from has been pretty hit and miss with the volumes that they have in stock, so I have been having to wait for them to come in. I was waiting for volume 9 for ages.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Ceres; Dec 20, 2008 at 04:51 PM.
lee_kim
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 32525

Level 1.10

Dec 2008

Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:35 PM #9 of 10
HYD is always my Fav manga and Live Action
Korean ver. of this live action will be release in 2009.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ceres

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:36 PM #10 of 10
No way!!!! I'll definately have to check that out to see their take on the story.

Thanks for letting me know about that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Hana Yori Dango