Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Me gots the blues

SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:41 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2008, 10:41 PM #1 of 30
Me gots the blues

Once every few weeks, I break down and think to myself, is it really worth it. It all just seems so hopeless and although I'm fighting through it, Almost everything I encounter seems to be working against me, wanting for me to fail. I just feel like sometimes giving in and give up, hoping that maybe that way I would be at peace, to not be worried anymore and fear anymore . BUT then, just then right before I am about to give in, I get back up and keep on trying.

When your down and feel like you can't go on anymore BUT find someway to just keep going, what are some ways you find to motivate yourself to carry through and keep it going?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:42 PM #2 of 30
I never feel THAT blue, jesus.

If I am feeling particularly hopeless or unuseful, I set smaller goals and accomplish them. Kind of like setting myself back a level or finding interest or pleasure in something I know I can do.

I have never, ever considered just giving up though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:47 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2008, 09:47 PM 1 1 #3 of 30
When your down and feel like you can't go on anymore BUT find someway to just keep going, what are some ways you find to motivate yourself to carry through and keep it going?
Grow out of puberty and man the fuck up. It works wonders.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:33 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2008, 11:33 PM 1 #4 of 30
Grow out of puberty and man the fuck up. It works wonders.

good one

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:39 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2008, 11:39 PM 1 #5 of 30
Denicalis is right with the tough luv.

SpaceMonk, you have to believe in YOURSELF, bottom line. If you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to do it either. Life is too short.

You are not going to get anywhere by feeling sorry for yourself. Pick yourself up and keep going.

Most amazing jew boots
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:47 PM 1 #6 of 30
While I can relate to the feeling of wanting to stop trying (because you're right, at times, trying doesnt seem to get you anywhere), I also have to say that NOT trying stops you in your tracks even more. Like Sass said, build up to the little things.

A book I read used a good line that can be applied:

"Save yourself, or you go unsaved."

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Throwdown
Officer Down

Member 14785

Level 4.68

Nov 2006

Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:44 AM #7 of 30
I'd rather feel bad and get things accomplished, than feel good and not accomplish anything.

FELIPE NO

I just wanna make it to forty two so I can feel just in every grouchy thing I say or do.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 10, 2008, 09:13 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2008, 10:43 PM 1 #8 of 30
I can totally understand how your feeling. There is nothing wrong with feeling a moment of a weakness because we as human beings are not invincible. Sometimes we feel that world is against us so much to a point, that it would be easier to give up and I know that to a certain extent being in the situation I'm in right now.

It is easy to give up when times get tough but in my eyes it is through the challenges that we overcome in life is what truly builds our character and represents us for who we truly are.

There are a few sayings that I constantly have to remind myself in order keep my strength and goals in plain view:

1.) Life is not suppose to be easy, if life was easy it wouldn't be worth living in the first place.

2.) Life is not based upon conveinence, if your not ready to sacrifice and work hard for the things that are important to you, then your not ready to make the most out of your life.

Last, but not least:

3.) Short term pain for the long term gain.

As chessey and cliche these saying may be, they get me through the rough patches in life.

Other ways I get through the blues is find people to talk to. Not nescessarily to wish you encouragement, but sometimes just to give you good kick in the ass when you really deserve it. Also keep your mind occupied, and try not to dwell on things too much. Always remember not matter how hard you think you got it, there is always someone else that has it harder than you; so be grateful for what you have and use what you have to get you through the tough times.

Most amazing jew boots
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:01 AM 2 #9 of 30
There are a few ways I look at this.

If this is more of those teenage things, then while it seems impossible at the time, one can only grow up from it. We all have those down days, just as one matures you'll get through them.

However, at some point you also need to make changes. If you are going for some goal that routinely seems helpless, then it's time to make a change. A change in goals. A change in life.

Giving yourself an impossible goal that won't be reached in the next several years or whatever can cause this. The trick is to have shorter goals in between long-term goals. As an analogy, although this one is more computerish, if one were to make a program like Boggle, the long-term goal is to have a game of Boggle, full of features. Short-term goals might be to figure out how to display the board, the logic of the computer, how to keep score, how to check words, etc. As you reach one of the short term goals, you'll feel more confident and successful, and be on the way to a long term goal.

As I mentioned, this also might mean one needs a change in life. Yes, life IS suppose to have discomfort. That's part of life. Life is not easy nor fair. That's just how it is. And yes, you are suppose to just accept and deal with some of it. That is part of maturing. However, I will also say that SOMETIMES this is a clue that one needs to change a part of one's life. As an example, if one is unhappy with their major, perhaps it's time to take a step back, and evaluate things again to decide if a change in major is needed. This does NOT mean you should take the easy way out of every situation. Rather, if you find yourself repeatedly and for a long time unhappy on some aspect of your life, perhaps you should change it (presuming the change is a positive one).

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 01:35 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 12:35 AM 1 #10 of 30
Good enough to warrant you getting mad at the advice and dissing the post.

You want to know what the problem with people like you, is? When you don't like the answer to your problem, you ignore it. Which is why you never go anywhere and keep having the same problems over and over again. "Man, that guy told me to fix my problem but it would be hard and require me not being a jerkoff... fuck that."

Have fun being the same loser you are now for the rest of your life, sport. I'm sure everyone who doesn't tell you what you want to hear is just a jerk. You should keep on ignoring them.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:57 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 02:57 PM 2 #11 of 30
With all due respect Deni, you can't expect all people to listen when you're sounding like you do (using foul language and coming off as offensive). I know what you're trying to say is indeed true in a way, but there are much better ways to phrase what you were going to say, like some people already have in this thread. Most people just don't catch onto "slap in your face" talk if you know what I mean, and I think there's no reason to get all worked up by it if they don't.

From my experience, when you want to help, get a point across or give criticism, you have to do it with respect and without looking down on the other person for any of their miscomings. "Attacking" on the other part rarely gets the point across, mostly it will only get them on their defensive, thus they'll probably ignore whatever you have to say. It's as simple as this, if you give respect, you'll get it in return.

I've got a question for you, I've seen you many times in these kind of threads, and I'm wondering, why do you come to write the same thing over and over again? Do you really want to help or are you just trying to win an argument (e.g. show that "your way" is right)? I just see you get irritated at all these "losers" as you say, and try to get into conflict with them. Why even bother, if you dislike "losers" like it seems you do?

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:51 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 06:51 AM #12 of 30
Threads like this never work. The author is always trying to pass down a cry for a legit topic, and it never turns out.

Anyways, whenever I feel like the world isn't doing anything for me, I do nothing for it. Instead I play some video games.

Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:22 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 05:22 PM 6 #13 of 30
Good enough to warrant you getting mad at the advice and dissing the post.

You want to know what the problem with people like you, is? When you don't like the answer to your problem, you ignore it. Which is why you never go anywhere and keep having the same problems over and over again. "Man, that guy told me to fix my problem but it would be hard and require me not being a jerkoff... fuck that."

Have fun being the same loser you are now for the rest of your life, sport. I'm sure everyone who doesn't tell you what you want to hear is just a jerk. You should keep on ignoring them.
Can you stop being a massive twat? The answer to his problem? Sorry, was that in your post somewhere? What advice did you give exactly?

So I hear about all this money the economy is losing through depression related lost productivity. I'm sure everything would be sorted out if a couple of guys in office would just tell people to 'man the fuck up' more. That's without mentioning the money the health service is wasting on treating these people. How much would it cost to just pay some guys to tell these pussies to 'man the fuck up', that's all I want to know.

If I could address the administration with this next part:

SpaceMonk shrugged Denicalis' original trolling off as being exactly that. He acknowledged that he was being trolled, and that it wasn't working on him. His second post served a purpose in doing this. It's quite astonishing to see that Crash Landon would give him an infringement over this, while skipping over and letting slide the original post that was intent to cause a reaction in the first place. What would Crash Landon have preferred out of SpaceMonks second post I wonder? A lengthy counter-flame? Yeah! Sure, it would have derailed the thread beyond hope, but we'd get to see Denicalis weigh in even further! And that's what we love about Denicalis!

I suppose this is what happens when you have moderators who see nothing wrong in glamourising the act of attacking another board user: Moderators, in-league with the trolls.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:32 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 03:32 PM 1 #14 of 30
My only advice is when you go through some sort of crisis, just remember that the only person you can rely on is yourself. Even happiness. So with that in mind, why make yourself unmotivated? No one is going to help you but yourself. Just trust yourself, know yourself. It will be worth it in the end when relationships fall and break over time.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:49 PM 1 #15 of 30
This may sound odd coming from me, but beating yourself up over things definately isn't going to make you feel any better. Of course I don't know what your problem is. But alot of times people act like their is some right way to live life. Like if you do what they say that everything will go right, which is a load of crap. Most good things in life come down to luck and chance. So really, why beat yourself up over something we can't control. Just keep trying and maybe you'll find what you want.

That's how I look at it anyhow. Sure I still get depressed sometimes but who doesn't?

FELIPE NO

"Out thought and out fought."
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:41 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 04:41 PM 1 #16 of 30
This may sound odd coming from me, but beating yourself up over things definately isn't going to make you feel any better. Of course I don't know what your problem is. But alot of times people act like their is some right way to live life. Like if you do what they say that everything will go right, which is a load of crap. Most good things in life come down to luck and chance. So really, why beat yourself up over something we can't control. Just keep trying and maybe you'll find what you want.

That's how I look at it anyhow. Sure I still get depressed sometimes but who doesn't?

You're absolutely right, although I didn't give out any details to why I feel like this sometimes, now that I think about it, it's something that's completely out of my control. whatever happened already happened, whatever needs to happen in the future will be, I need to focus on what's happening now. Sure I will probably still get those feelings still but you're absolutely right I need to just keep trying. It's like I already knew but I get lost and forgot in the mess. I'll keep trying, trying, and trying.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:53 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 06:53 PM #17 of 30
Once every few weeks, I break down and think to myself, is it really worth it. It all just seems so hopeless and although I'm fighting through it, Almost everything I encounter seems to be working against me, wanting for me to fail. I just feel like sometimes giving in and give up, hoping that maybe that way I would be at peace, to not be worried anymore and fear anymore . BUT then, just then right before I am about to give in, I get back up and keep on trying.

You're absolutely right, although I didn't give out any details to why I feel like this sometimes, now that I think about it, it's something that's completely out of my control. whatever happened already happened, whatever needs to happen in the future will be, I need to focus on what's happening now. Sure I will probably still get those feelings still but you're absolutely right I need to just keep trying. It's like I already knew but I get lost and forgot in the mess. I'll keep trying, trying, and trying.
Out of curiosity, have you ever been checked out by a shrink for possibly being bi-polar? These bullshitty sunshine posts you've been dropping around the boards make you come off ten shades of manic. You might have problems beyond just being a whiny teenager.

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:14 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 08:14 PM #18 of 30
I'll ditto the idea that Space Monk didn't deserve a yellow card anymore than Deni.

Crash, you're about to be D-Squallified again.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:16 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 08:16 PM 3 #19 of 30
He simply was warned not to spam over a two word post. I don't see the outrage over that. If you want to be dismissive, don't acknowledge the person with a response. If you're out to make a point, attempt to make it. Sometimes it doesn't take much and you don't need to be very verbose about it, but "good one" only tells us the advice isn't appreciated, not at all why.

There hasn't been anything else going on worth blowing the whistle about. Every TQP advice thread travels this road. Some are nice and sympathetic, others more harsh. More often than not, though, everyone's putting in an opinion they genuinely believe in and not just fishing for a reaction.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:38 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 02:38 AM #20 of 30
Out of curiosity, have you ever been checked out by a shrink for possibly being bi-polar? These bullshitty sunshine posts you've been dropping around the boards make you come off ten shades of manic. You might have problems beyond just being a whiny teenager.

What do you want from me? no, my counselor never brought up the possibility. My original post was not posted because I was feeling down at the moment (whining as you put it), it was a comment about how I felt that way sometimes and was wondering how other's dealt with it when they go through similar feelings (this obviously offended you). Obviously you must deal with your own problems better than me BUT then to pick on me for not being able to do the same? I just don't understand you. What are you doing? do you think it's funny?

My response the third time was an acknowledgment that it was a good advice! Are you trying to make me mad? Look, I don't know you and Obviously you don't know me. All I wanted was advice and possibly good ways to use to ease those feelings. Really I just don't understand what you're trying to do?
How about you leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone? okay

Last edited by SpaceMonk; Apr 13, 2008 at 02:46 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:18 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 03:18 AM #21 of 30
What do you want from me? no, my counselor never brought up the possibility. My original post was not posted because I was feeling down at the moment (whining as you put it), it was a comment about how I felt that way sometimes and was wondering how other's dealt with it when they go through similar feelings (this obviously offended you). Obviously you must deal with your own problems better than me BUT then to pick on me for not being able to do the same? I just don't understand you. What are you doing? do you think it's funny?

My response the third time was an acknowledgment that it was a good advice! Are you trying to make me mad? Look, I don't know you and Obviously you don't know me. All I wanted was advice and possibly good ways to use to ease those feelings. Really I just don't understand what you're trying to do?
How about you leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone? okay
What am I trying to do? I'd think that was obvious. I was asking you if you'd ever been diagnosed as manic or bi-polar, because you seem to show a lot of the signs of it. Extreme depression followed by immense highs and sudden immensely sunshiney outlook on life. You seem to get the roller coaster, and I was wondering if you'd been given a proper ticket for it yet.

I was speaking idiomatically.

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:54 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 03:54 PM 1 #22 of 30
What am I trying to do? I'd think that was obvious. I was asking you if you'd ever been diagnosed as manic or bi-polar, because you seem to show a lot of the signs of it. Extreme depression followed by immense highs and sudden immensely sunshiney outlook on life. You seem to get the roller coaster, and I was wondering if you'd been given a proper ticket for it yet.
Oh boy Deni... I'm wondering if you'd ever been diagnosed as a pretentious prick, because you seem to show a lot of the signs of it.

Deni, why do I see you give of a diagnosis of his mental health here? You're coming off as a hypocrite, as I'm pretty sure that I've seen you write somewhere here on the forum that we as gamers shouldn't be giving off diagnosis as we're not professionals. And here I see you give off a slight diagnosis based on the tone of forum posts alone. But really you don't have to answer that, because yeah, it was pretty obvious, your "question" was merely meant as an insult, with tongue in cheek. Again, there are thousands of much better ways of asking if he's searched professional help in this matter, but you just had to choose an offensive one. You aren't fooling anyone with your thinly veiled insults, Mr. Denicalis.

Anyways, my best advice for you SpaceMonk, is to find confidence. I feel that sometimes, all we need in life is a goal, something to achieve. And achievement brings confidence in your own abilities. Challenge yourself every day, make yourself do things that you'd never done before. It doesn't matter how small the achievements are, because before you know it, you've come a long way.

SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:12 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 10:12 AM #23 of 30
You said I seem to show a lot of signs of it?! After a few post you got that? Anyways, and again may I remind you that the THE ORIGINAL POST was describing a feeling I get sometimes, I wasn't feeling that at the moment, I was curious how others deal with their problems. Denicalis, Thanks for your concern, to be completely honest with you i don't know. I mean are counselors suppose to tell their patience those things?, if they are, I have not heard.

"Extreme depression followed by immense highs and sudden immensely sunshiney outlook on life."

I will admit I do get the roller coaster feelings (but isn't it true for a lot of people that go through with this?) for me it's not at the kind of speed that you describe- the extreme highs and suddenly lows, and yes I do consider some of my past depression episodes have gotten extreme before BUT I don't "suddenly" come out of them and pretend that my life will be all great without problems and "sunshiney" from here on out.

I acknowledge the people that have given some great ways to think about life, it is very helpful to me.

Thanks nanaman!

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:20 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 04:20 PM 1 #24 of 30
Oh boy Deni... I'm wondering if you'd ever been diagnosed as a pretentious prick, because you seem to show a lot of the signs of it.

Deni, why do I see you give of a diagnosis of his mental health here? You're coming off as a hypocrite, as I'm pretty sure that I've seen you write somewhere here on the forum that we as gamers shouldn't be giving off diagnosis as we're not professionals. And here I see you give off a slight diagnosis based on the tone of forum posts alone.
Actually, what I did was ask him if he'd ever been diagnosed by a professional. Which would be why I didn't say "you're bi-polar." But good hustle.

How ya doing, buddy?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:41 PM #25 of 30
Wow, it stinks like bread in here. All because a kid complained that he feels hopeless and someone didn't give him a shoulder to cry on? Hell, he even gave you the olive branch of "maybe you have legitimate problems" but that's still not good enough.

Originally Posted by namaman
"Attacking" on the other part rarely gets the point across, mostly it will only get them on their defensive, thus they'll probably ignore whatever you have to say.
entirely true but doesn't explain why you're on the offensive over here. I'm getting the feeling that a lot of depressed people are feeling attacked and staging their last stand against the Tyranny of the Ego. I don't think that's going to help anyone, to be honest. Close your legs.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Me gots the blues