Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Age Barriers in Romance

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:56 PM #76 of 210
Where did you use the definition out of the dictionary?
I didn't....? I define "maturity" in a general sense much like the dictionary (which doesn't particularly take into account cultural diversities and all that shit), especially in the context of this thread. C'mon. Now you're just arguing for arguments sake.

Quote:
You know, come to think of it, has anyone actually defined what "maturity" actually is? I mean, I understand how one can become "more mature," but how do you actually decide when someone is "mature enough?" If you ask someone that's 70 years old how mature someone should be before X do you really think it'll be the same answer as someone that's 30?
Chances are that 18 year olds are less mature than 25 year olds. Chances are. I mean, I am sure we can agree there, can't we?

Quote:
But, see, if someone's religion gives them strength and helps them do whatever a 'mature' person does, then shouldn't their religion be pertinent to their level of maturity?

Maybe maturity is like how only those that understand how wise they aren't are truly wise.
Religion has no place in this thread at all. Why do you insist on talking about it, RR. Is it just because you know I am atheist? Or maybe you're doing it just because I'm me. Who knows.

It seems silly of you, though.

Quote:
I'm a white college guy from the North East that grew up in a town where him being half-jew made him one of the most diverse students in his graduating class of 750. I think I have experience living with a bunch of WASPs.
But what do you know about New Englanders. (Red Sox fans alone can explain a lot about us. ^_^)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:24 PM #77 of 210
Chances are that 18 year olds are less mature than 25 year olds. Chances are. I mean, I am sure we can agree there, can't we?
WHAT?

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:26 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 10:26 PM #78 of 210

COUGARS

Move. the. fuck. on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:31 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 09:31 PM 1 1 #79 of 210
Deni, this thread was not originally about cougars. Crash is 32 years old for fuck's sake. No cougar would be interested in him because he's too damn old. And before you go there, not all women who wind up dating a younger guy are cougars.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:08 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 10:08 PM #80 of 210
It's not exactly as if I have no interests ... I do go snowboarding, I'm in a band, regularly attend tactical paintball games .. and various other crap.
I play video games, attend weekly pub crawls, kill kittens for sport, steal wheelchairs from senior citizens and I'm the Mexican ambassador to our local chapter of the KKK... Still doesn't explain why you think "not fucking" is the definition of monogamy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:50 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 11:50 PM #81 of 210
Deni, this thread was not originally about cougars. Crash is 32 years old for fuck's sake. No cougar would be interested in him because he's too damn old. And before you go there, not all women who wind up dating a younger guy are cougars.
Look, Midna, just because you don't like the term doesn't make it true. You, my dear, are a cougar. Wear the badge with pride. I smoke pot. I don't get offended when people call me a pothead.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:22 AM 1 #82 of 210
Midna's on the prowl

also do cougars rape and pillage? you should look into it midna it's pretty sweet

Quote:
Deni, this thread was not originally about cougars. Crash is 32 years old for fuck's sake. No cougar would be interested in him because he's too damn old.
I wonder what it's like when two people of similar age regard each other as too old. I should pitch this idea for a sitcom! twist: they're both black gays.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:27 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 11:27 PM #83 of 210
also do cougars rape and pillage? you should look into it midna it's pretty sweet
HAHA. I KNEW that all single nerds played World of Warcraft!

Most amazing jew boots
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:03 AM #84 of 210
Crash is 32 years old for fuck's sake. No cougar would be interested in him because he's too damn old.
Well, I'm feeling mighty confident now!

Originally Posted by lurker
I wonder what it's like when two people of similar age regard each other as too old. I should pitch this idea for a sitcom!
It wouldn't be a very interesting sitcom. The two protagonists would barely interact. He'd sit in the corner diner all morning and moan about dem crazy broads. She'd stay at her apartment and feed her nineteen cats.

Most amazing jew boots
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:19 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 01:19 AM #85 of 210
regularly attend tactical paintball games

Anyway, fuck this noise, underneath all this bickering lie two very simple truths:

1. Legal age + hotness = "dateable" material.
2. If you disagree with the above, you're either old, a prude, a woman, or too self-righteous to admit that you would shove your happy stick into a hot female even if she didn't have the brains or maturity to be someone you'd want to spend any more time around than is absolutely necessary.

Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:22 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 12:22 AM #86 of 210
Look, Midna, just because you don't like the term doesn't make it true. You, my dear, are a cougar. Wear the badge with pride.
You're right, Deni. From now on I am going to embrace my "cougarness", wearing short skirts, cleavage baring tops, and as much makeup as can stick to my face. I'll go to school next week with an improved attitude and see how many of the guys on campus I can round up.

Originally Posted by a lurker
Midna's on the prowl
You're next, sweetheart.

Well, I'm feeling mighty confident now!
Crash, I think it's pretty obvious I don't think you're old. My point was that this thread wasn't started to argue about cougars since from what I understand you are out of range age-wise to be cougar prey.

I am having a laugh that you chose that one thing I said to respond to and ignored my first comment. Are you feeling a little sensitive about being referred to as old, Crash? =P

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:24 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 12:24 AM #87 of 210
From now on I am going to embrace my "cougarness", wearing short skirts, cleavage baring tops, and as much makeup as can stick to my face. I'll go to school next week with an improved attitude and see how many of the guys on campus I can round up.
PIXPLZ~

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:25 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 01:25 AM #88 of 210
You're right, Deni. From now on I am going to embrace my "cougarness", wearing short skirts, cleavage baring tops, and as much makeup as can stick to my face. I'll go to school next week with an improved attitude and see how many of the guys on campus I can round up.
=
That's my girl.

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:33 AM #89 of 210

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 08:30 AM 1 #90 of 210
I'm a white college guy from the North East that grew up in a town where him being half-jew made him one of the most diverse students in his graduating class of 750. I think I have experience living with a bunch of WASPs.
I've gone to a bank, I guess that means I know what every Jew in the world is like.

I've gone to the ghetto, I guess thats all there is to black people.

I've read your posts on GFF, its a safe assumption theres nothing more to you than chestbeating.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:41 AM #91 of 210
You're next, sweetheart.
how u doin

Anyway, fuck this noise, underneath all this bickering lie two very simple truths:

2. If you disagree with the above, you're either old, a prude, a woman, or too self-righteous to admit that you would shove your happy stick into a hot female even if she didn't have the brains or maturity to be someone you'd want to spend any more time around than is absolutely necessary.
I want to know what virgin propped this post. Might as well come clean now, or else I'll just ask blah to tell me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:55 AM #92 of 210
I want to know what virgin propped this post.
I don't think you have to be a virgin to prop a post by Ayos. On the other hand, I think you do have to be a total numbskull.

Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:46 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 11:46 AM #93 of 210
For the past 8 months I've been dating someone who is 10 years older than I am. I didn't know this until we'd been dating for awhile. Even knowing the age difference it still feels natural. I'm only 23, she's 33 (34 at the end of march). I think that it's quite possible that you find someone younger, even considerably younger, who has qualities that are enduring and that has maybe matured past the stages of insecurity you speak of.

When I think about it, it's really no wonder she and I get along, aside from both having unusual childhood experiences, we both have similar goals, responsibilities in our daily lives and interests. She owns her own business and still goes to school, I'm in the process erecting a corporate shell in order to legitimize the business I've started ( I hope to be done with this once I am discharged from the military) and I plan on returning to college with a renewed vigor.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can't always assume that because of someone's age they will lack the same experience and maturity that you've gained in a slightly longer period of time. Then again, the early thirties age group seems to be the best dating pool around, when it comes to single women.

Also, you might be surprised, some women seem to keep up their appearances very nicely. I honestly couldn't tell my girlfriend was the age she is, even after dating her for several weeks. That is, until she started reminiscing about her "college days" and mentioned going to see The Cars live several times, at a time when I would've been just barely school aged.

Posting without content since 2002.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:00 PM #94 of 210
I detest the term "cougar." I checked it out on urbandictionary and just as I always thought, a cougar is quite a different animal than a MILF. Apparently, cougars are called cougars because they are constantly on the prowl for unsuspecting younger men. An older woman who happens to end up going out with a younger man is not necessarily a cougar, Deni.

I seem to find myself more attracted to younger men. The person I've been seeing on and off for the last six months is...quite a bit younger. I have no issues with dating someone ten or even fifteen years younger (or older) than me. As long as you're both adults, why does age matter at all?

Most amazing jew boots
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:23 PM #95 of 210
Yes because it's totally a good idea to date someone you can hardly stand just because you want to have sex with them. Oh wait one of my friends did that and is getting divorced because his psycho wife cheated on him.

FELIPE NO

"Out thought and out fought."
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:24 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 01:24 PM #96 of 210
Dating someone for sex and marrying them for sex are two COMPLETELY different things.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:28 PM #97 of 210
Dating someone for sex and marrying them for sex are two COMPLETELY different things.
Sorry, I forget that most people don't think like I do. I personally don't want to date anyone if right off the bat, I know I couldn't stand being around them in the long run. I can't understand the mindset of dating someone for sex and then dumping them when you can't stand them anymore. I don't like using people like that, maybe I'm too nice.

Most amazing jew boots

"Out thought and out fought."
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:57 PM #98 of 210
Oh wait one of my friends did that and is getting divorced because his psycho wife cheated on him.
I suggest finding smarter friends; their obvious stupidity will eventually rub off on you.

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 04:00 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 03:00 PM #99 of 210
Next time I will make the quotation marks much bigger so that you get the idea. Let me spell it out for you.

"Dateable" = hot enough to sleep with. Sometimes, you must go on at least one date in order to sleep with a woman. Hence the term dateable.
Relationship material = someone you'd want to spend time around, get to know, establish a connection with, maybe eventually marry.

Sometimes, the two come together and make something wonderful! Sometimes. Most of the time you just fool yourself into thinking that they have, and end up sad and lonely and divorced. Someone told me that once.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Ayos; Feb 22, 2008 at 04:04 PM.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 04:00 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 02:00 PM #100 of 210
Sorry, I forget that most people don't think like I do. I personally don't want to date anyone if right off the bat, I know I couldn't stand being around them in the long run. I can't understand the mindset of dating someone for sex and then dumping them when you can't stand them anymore. I don't like using people like that, maybe I'm too nice.
The term dating doesn't really mean too much.

Then again, you haven't had a girlfriend yet either so I dunno man. :\

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Age Barriers in Romance