Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Claymore: Manga Thread

wilflare
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5218

Level 2.62

Apr 2006

Old Oct 11, 2007, 02:44 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2007, 03:44 PM #26 of 38
no one following this anymore?
the recent Extra Chapters are interesting.
the various stories on how Clare became the claymore she is now and stuff ^^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
gamersara
Smash!

Member 24768

Level 6.12

Sep 2007

Old Oct 11, 2007, 03:41 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2007, 04:41 PM #27 of 38
can't wait till next month when the extras are finally over, not that they're not good, I just want more out of the main plot...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
My Side of the Story
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:37 PM #28 of 38
Has anyone been keeping up with this? Chapter 78 was so freaking badass.

Spoiler:
Nice to see Clare and the crew back, back in style! Ooo and that one random girl whom we didn't know much about in the group can do something now, with sensing the movements and all, that was neat.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

oh my gawddd
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 08:51 PM #29 of 38
Galatea was already awesome before, but
Spoiler:
now that she's blind she's even more slick! Awesome chapter, and it was nice seeing the look on Ms. I-CAN'T-DO-ANYTHING's face when the troops kept attacking.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:39 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 11:39 PM #30 of 38
Really, how is the Claymore manga? I keep kinda wanting it, and then not. I'm reading stuff like Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun and Kami-Kaze (links provided).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 06:21 AM #31 of 38
It's your typical shonen manga, but with it's own thing going for it. Try reading the first few chapters and find out yourself, it's the easiest way.

I enjoy reading it alongside Bleach, good entertainment value in both.

FELIPE NO

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 02:29 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 02:29 AM #32 of 38
I've read the first few volumes of the series -- up to Chapter 41. Typical shonen manga? Maybe I misinterpret shonen as being something entirely different, but damn there are limbs flying everywhere at this point.

It's a surprisingly engaging read. Found a scanslation of it and I'm hooked.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:27 PM #33 of 38
I've read the first few volumes of the series -- up to Chapter 41. Typical shonen manga? Maybe I misinterpret shonen as being something entirely different, but damn there are limbs flying everywhere at this point.

It's a surprisingly engaging read. Found a scanslation of it and I'm hooked.
This is late, but by "typical shounen" I mean the whole power level thing that runs throught most in said genre. BTW, anyone read up to the latest chapters?

Spoiler:
Miria's revelation after a LONG time of holding it back was somewhat expected on my part. I figured the organization was making Youma, but the rest? Holy shit, that just made them that much worse in my eyes.

Also, Raki killing Yoma off without being a Claymore was predicted by many folks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:56 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2008, 10:56 PM #34 of 38
Spoiler:
Predicted, yes. Awesome? Entirely. It's good to see him develop that way as a character though; on the one hand, he could've spent the rest of his days being a cook/little bitch.

And by "the rest" you mean what Miria spoke of outside lands using their country as a testing ground for new weapons? I can't really think or recall anything else that was a big reveal.

Well, re-reading it, I suppose that having the Youma actually running the organization is a bit shocking.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:29 AM #35 of 38
Spoiler:
Definitely. The entire time he was scampering about, I was hoping and wishing for the day he actually does SOMETHING to come quick. And when we finally see it, it's damn awesome.

As for the revelation... it was exactly that part that floored me. Not only is the area their in just some island, but there's a war of such magnitude on the mainland that their location is being used as a laboratory. Just wow.

The first part that Galatea called Miria on (Organization makes Youma), wasn't much of a surprise though. From the moment we got a look at them and a whole host of unanswered questions as to their origin, it was bound to lead to that. Same thing goes for the popular notion that things would come full circle and the Org. would be the enemy, not the abyssal ones.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

lee_kim
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 32525

Level 1.10

Dec 2008

Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:34 PM #36 of 38
I was skeptical to pick up this manga, because the prims sounded too stereotypical. but i figured i would get the anime a shoot. So far i have enjoyed it. Its not the most funonimal anime i have seen in my life but deffently holds it own to whats airing right now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:55 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2009, 03:55 AM #37 of 38
I've watched 5 episodes of the anime version so far, and while I can't say it's bad, exactly, I'm not sure why anyone would compare it to Berserk in the first place except that they both have swords. It seems more a match for Vampire Hunter D and a little Blood+, to me.

Honestly, I was about to give up on it, but if people think it gets better after the warmup, I'll stick with it. I think what irks me is that they try so hard to make everything neat and tidy at the end of 20 or 40 minutes. I can watch something and figure out on my own when it's about prejudice without being bashed over the head with you saved my life so you're a good silver-eyed witch!

How ya doing, buddy?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2009, 02:03 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2009, 02:03 AM #38 of 38
Okay, so, first 5 episodes weren't a great gauge for the series. After watching up to episode 16, I can definitely see where the comparisons to Berserk come from, and I really underestimated the character side of the show. I thought it was going to be a new town, new yoma kind of thing for 26 episodes, but the flashbacks and different kinds of skills that each Claymore has helped spruce it up quite a bit for me.

There's still things that bother me, like the the fact that they use purple flames for power levels I mean yoki. I actually like that they put the stipulation in there about using your powers responsibly, but I could have done without so much of the "I'm injured, so better power up even more now" thing.

Bottom line, though, a lot better than I expected it to be when I started out.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Claymore: Manga Thread