Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Hayate the Combat Butler

slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 04:35 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2007, 10:35 AM #26 of 43
I enjoyed HtCB the manga but if the censorship in the anime is supposed to be a joke I am NOT laughing.
Tv Tokyo is a horrid punchline.
What is your opinion about the << censorship >> in the manga?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

And to every Nana its prey...
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:10 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2007, 12:10 PM #27 of 43
What, you meen where they partly "bleep" out words because they're copyright terms?

That's not censorship, that's part of the gag.

I'm talking about censortwat, that stupid, ugly repulsive piece of crap that covers anything that's beyond a dropkick with that stupid "can't show this" nonsence.
That this is the cancer that is killing any fun I might be having with this show.

Same thing happened to Air Gear, I can walk to my shelf right now and open volume 1 at the bath scene and not be assulted by crows that had no right to be in there in the first place and were only there because Toei were idiots and went to TV Tokyo.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 09:24 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2007, 07:24 AM #28 of 43
I'm talking about censortwat, that stupid, ugly repulsive piece of crap that covers anything that's beyond a dropkick with that stupid "can't show this" nonsence.

That this is the cancer that is killing any fun I might be having with this show.
That's not censorship, that's part of the gag.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:00 AM #29 of 43
Indeed. Take note in the first episode towards the end where they state that they will "continue to battle against broadcasting regulations next week."

On an unrelated note I really need to update the first post.

Also new bits in the manga

Some chapter 57 stuff, some volume 10 stuff:
Chapter 57 throws a ton of Densha Otoko parodies in, as well as giving more page time(?) to the new character who appears to be a... combat nun? She's quickly becoming my favorite character in the series.

In volume 10 I read a few summaries and it seems the paper-thin romance aspect is finally starting to develop, namely Hinagiku realizing her feelings for Hayate (Yes, it took until volume 10 to do this). Looking forward to seeing it translated.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2007, 01:53 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2007, 07:53 AM #30 of 43
They seem to be doing a shit job of "Fighting the system". The "joke" wasn't funny in episode one an got anchent by episode three.
Short of it, I'm watching Seto No Hanayome, it has no censortwat ergo it is watchable.

How ya doing, buddy?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:04 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2007, 12:04 AM #31 of 43
I fully enjoyed having censortwat in the scene in episode 8 where Tama is humping neko-Hayate.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 01:21 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2007, 11:21 AM #32 of 43
Episode 10 is the best thing I've ever seen in my life. They tried to go for the world record for most references and fanservice shots in a single half hour. There's even Klaus fanservice.

I also like how Hayate only appears twice in the episode: once in a flashback to when he was dressed in the sailor uniform and once singing his image theme in the catgirl outfit. Poor guy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 07:47 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2007, 01:47 PM #33 of 43
From what I've been haering it took that aproch that S-cry-ed did in it's ep 2 right? Same episode from a diffrent presepctive?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 09:19 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2007, 07:19 AM #34 of 43
Well, I've never seen S-CRY-ed, but sort of. It only shows two jokes from a different perspective, both times when Hayate steps on a controller, which didn't really need any further explanation in the first place. The first time was perfectly logical, and the second one was hilarious because it seemed like a running gag.

Additional Spam:
Oh, I forgot about the very end, where it shows how the student council ended up where they did.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2007, 08:23 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2007, 07:23 PM #35 of 43
episode 10 was a eyesore
too much crazyness and it wasn't funny at all
the creators must of needed that filler or something cause that was boring.

koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:49 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2007, 10:49 PM #36 of 43
This thread needs a sticky.

From what I've been haering it took that aproch that S-cry-ed did in it's ep 2 right? Same episode from a diffrent presepctive?
The technique is generally known as a "Rashomon" after the movie of the same name.

Most amazing jew boots
There was a foxy here It's gone now
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 03:28 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2007, 09:28 AM #37 of 43
Realy? I thought the whole point of Rashomon was that the people were telling the same general story but the whole point gets skewerd in some way.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zukan
Carob Nut

Member 1321

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:47 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2007, 02:47 PM #38 of 43
episode 10 was a eyesore
too much crazyness and it wasn't funny at all
the creators must of needed that filler or something cause that was boring.
Agreed, must've been because of that "guest writer" or whatever. They should've just left the forest controller gag as it was. In any case the show's back to its regular pace now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chankoro?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:48 PM #39 of 43
Wow, dead thread.

Anyway, I just found out, according to ANN, that Hayate is going to end up being 52 episodes long, which is crazy (and also very exciting).

I love the anime so far, and I'm still trying to process just what's going happen over the course of 52 episodes.

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 03:03 AM #40 of 43
Yeah, this thread really hasn't seen much activity, my updates included. I'll get around to adding all the things I've missed tomorrow.

52 episodes though? That's great news. Now I'm not so worried about them throwing a rushed ending together, especially since they have plenty of source material to work off of (I think volume 11 of the manga is due out in Japan sometime soon, if not already?).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:34 PM #41 of 43
I just got done watching the first three episodes and I'm freaking hooked. So many mech references is the main hooking factor for me but everything else is great as well. With such great lines like "Not even my father struck me" and "Foolishness caused by our youth" and episode three's "BUSTER Cholerea!" just sealed the deal for me. Anything to reference GunBuster gets an Automatic seal of awesome.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:26 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 11:26 PM #42 of 43
Episode 17 was okay, but I thought it was problematically sappy and formulaic for far too long. It did have some slightly redeeming moments, though, like :klausshed:.

The episode 18 preview, though, what the hell. It's like the entire episode is going to be an extended version of the second credits montage, a.k.a. lolis in swimsuits. I didn't like SS-Eclipse's translation of the title, so I took the original Japanese and came up with my own: "You're All Going to Jail for Watching This Episode."

Also:

GODDAMN

I know Katsura-sensei usually wears clothes that downplay her chest, but holy shit those knockers look twice as big as usual.

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 02:39 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 12:39 AM #43 of 43
17 was a decent episode though the humor just wasn't as consistent as some of the ones that came before it. Either that or Doujin Work got all of the laughter out of my system.

If I read ANN correctly, this looks to be a 52 episode series. That brings up the question as to how they're going to keep up the comedy over that period of time. I know the robot hasn't shown up as much compared to the manga so they should be able to work that in, but other than that, what can they fill it up with?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Hayate the Combat Butler