Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Hayate the Combat Butler

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 07:54 PM #1 of 43
Hayate the Combat Butler

With the anime series drawing near, I figured now would be an excellent time to make a topic about one of the funniest series I've read in a long while. Series is airing now, why aren't you watching it yet?

Hayate's family was beyond dysfunctional. His father was unemployed and his mother had compulsive gambling problems, so in order to rid themselves of debt (158,804,000 yen's worth) they abandoned Hayate and sold him to the Yakuza. Due to Hayate always having to fend for himself, he manages to escape the Yakuza and intends to earn the money to pay the debt by kidnapping the first girl he sees. This girl, Nagi, happens to be a local millionaire (unknown to himself of course), and she interprets his plans to kidnap her as a love confession.

Through a series of debt-transferrals, Nagi is indebted to Hayate, who says he wante her to find him a job in order to pay back the monetary debt. Nagi offers him a job as her butler, and hilarity ensues.

The manga has a tendancy to break down the 4th wall, and as such doesn't take itself very seriously at times. However, this only adds to the humor.

Characters

Sanzinen Mansion Inhabitants

Hayate Ayasaki
The protagonist, Hayate serves as Nagi's butler until he's able to clear himself of debt. He has horrible luck, equally bad timing, and is typically looked down upon by others as "poor" or "seedy-looking." He's able to play the violin and is incredibly agile (and durable). He also has a huge unrequited crush on Maria.

Nagi Sanzinen
Hayate's employer. She's a spoiled rotten tomboy, and is the sole heir to the Sanzinen fortune. She's good with finances (although doesn't mind frivolous spending), is unable to cook and enjoys drawing manga. She often bases her romantic judgements off of manga as well. She has a crush on Hayate, and believes that he is deeply in love with her.

Maria
Nagi's personal maid and mother/older sister figure. She is the beacon of sanity and common sense in the series, and seems to be the only character that understands the misunderstanding between Nagi and Hayate. As such, she's usually left to clean the messes that the other characters leave by their antics. She is respected and feared by all in the mansion.

Tama
A tiger raised by Nagi since childhood, although Nagi believes he's just a "cat." He is able to speak, but only Hayate knows about his ability. Said speech is usually utilized to ridicule Hayate.

Other Characters

Sakuya Aizawa
An old friend of Nagi's who is almost identical to her in personality. She's a rich tomboy who hates to lose, and as such almost always ends up competing with Nagi in some way whenever she decides to invite herself over. She also has the dream of forming a comedy troupe with Nagi and Hayate.

Isumi Saginomiya
Another rich friend of Nagi's. Unlike Nagi, however, Isumi is polite, softspoken, a great cook, and conscientious of other's feelings. She has an awful sense of direction and can disappear if left unwatched for even one panel. She is completely oblivious to Wataru's fawning over her, and instead has a crush on Hayate.

Wataru Tachibana
Nagi's fiance, although neither of them have any feelings for each other. He runs a video store in the downtown area, and lives in it with his maid Saki. He constantly fawns over Isumi, and at first hates Hayate for her taking interest in him. However, he learns to look up to Hayate as a role model.

Saki Kijima
Wataru's maid who helps run the video rental store. She reacts strangely whenever she comes into contact with Hayate physically (through tapping on the shoulder, saving, etc.), fearing that the contact will affect her chances of getting a husband.

Here are links to download the manga. If my bandwidth runs out I'll throw them on Sendspace or something. The first four volumes were translated by AT-Translations, but after 6 months of inactivity the series was picked up again by Musashi Quality.

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4
Volume 5: Chapter 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Volume 6: Chapter 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Now that the anime series is starting to air, I'll be posting links to the subs of those. The fastest (and IMO best) right now is a joint effort between Static-Subs and Eclipse.

ANIME TORRENTS
Episode 1 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 2 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 3 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 4 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 5 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 6 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 7 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 8 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 9 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 10 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 11 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 12 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 13 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 14 - [XviD] [h264]
Episode 15 - [XviD] [h264]

UPDATES:
3/28 - Chapter 51 released, uploaded, and posted.
4/12 - Chapter 52 released, uploaded, and posted. This concluded volume 5, so I put all of volume 5 in one zip and uploaded that as well.
4/16 - Episode 3 subbed by SS-Eclipse, links to torrents added.
4/20 - Chapter 53 released, uploaded, and posted.
4/21 - Chapter 54 released, uploaded, and posted. MusashiQuality's on a roll.
4/23 - Episode 4 subbed by SS-Eclipse, links to torrents added.
5/10 - Chapter 56 released, uploaded, and posted. Also added a link to chapter 55 during the time GFF was down.
5/10 part 2 - Episode 6 released
5/15 - Episode 7 released
6/3 - Thread updated to all current releases
6/17 - Thread updated to all current releases
7/11 - Thread updated after my long period of being lazy

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ShadowVlican
Carob Nut

Member 15238

Level 6.34

Nov 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 08:07 PM #2 of 43
thanks for updating the thread

i luvin' this anime

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 01:15 AM #3 of 43
I've been meaning to read this ever since someone came to me out of the blue telling me about this weird sounding series. What a coincidence that it's now an anime, when I was planning to find scans or something somewhere. Thanks for posting scan links. With a title like this, it proves to already sound like a hilarious series.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 09:49 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2007, 07:49 AM #4 of 43
MARIA, WHICH ◯◯◯DAM IS THAT

Two chapters in the first episode, three in the second, so I'm guessing two more episodes will finish up the first volume, providing it stays the course. Which means, hopefully, by episode 5, we'll have chapter 11, a.k.a. the most epic half an hour in television history.

::crashes through the window::

THERE IS NO CHOICE LEFT BUT TO FORM A TRIO OF COMEDIANS AND APPOINT ME AS THE LEADER

:gendoklaus:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:37 PM #5 of 43
First episode and I'm hooked.
I've been looking for a new series to keep track of and all I really found were some crappy mech ones (except Heroic age) and now I found one.
He's a girly looking kid with incredible strength and stamina and I would like to thank him for doing something I never could...
Spoiler:

FTW

I was speaking idiomatically.

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:48 PM #6 of 43
He's a girly looking kid with incredible strength and stamina and I would like to thank him for doing something I never could...
Spoiler:

FTW
That's what he get's for not giving him a present. And that is labeled as one of the greatest funny scenes lol. Im definately sticking with this.Any anime with the great norio wakamoto makes it all the better XD. I hope I can stick with this and Bokurano for now. Alot of other new animes have failed to grab my eyes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 02:38 PM #7 of 43
That's what he get's for not giving him a present. And that is labeled as one of the greatest funny scenes lol. Im definately sticking with this.Any anime with the great norio wakamoto makes it all the better XD. I hope I can stick with this and Bokurano for now. Alot of other new animes have failed to grab my eyes.
I forgot put the pic in spoilers, thanks for reminding me sorta ^^
I actually just finished watching bokurano like right now. I liked the concept of the 15 kids but the 3d mecha stuff really doesn't interest me. Kissdum, Xenoglossia (not sure about the name), and some nova anime were all new mecha anime's but the only one that cought my eye was Heroic Age since the main character is pretty funny becuase of his primal look and the mech he has is like a mix of ZOE and Evangelion.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 01:26 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 12:26 AM #8 of 43
Taco, I can't thank you enough for turning me on to this series. It's seriously one of the funniest animes I've ever seen (since Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Gu anyways). Everyone must give this show a chance, or read the manga, or whatever! As long as your eyes are taking in the hilarity that is Hayate.

I look forward to seeing the rest, though I'm holding off on reading the manga until I watch the entire series, just because I started the anime first.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Oh shit.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 05:37 AM #9 of 43
I forgot put the pic in spoilers, thanks for reminding me sorta ^^
I actually just finished watching bokurano like right now. I liked the concept of the 15 kids but the 3d mecha stuff really doesn't interest me. Kissdum, Xenoglossia (not sure about the name), and some nova anime were all new mecha anime's but the only one that cought my eye was Heroic Age since the main character is pretty funny becuase of his primal look and the mech he has is like a mix of ZOE and Evangelion.

They don't make mech-animes like they used to =/.

Just finished off episode 2. I'd say it's heading on a great start. And :

Spoiler:
seeing the main characters of black lagoon was definately a killer. Though I'm not familiar with the whole "ocean monkey" thing. Any idea what they were making fun of ?

btw, hayate = awesome for wearing a straw hat XD.

Quiksilva
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10564

Level 2.50

Aug 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 09:32 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 12:32 AM #10 of 43
When I took a look at the thread title, it made me think of Haruhi's home made movie with Asahina as the 'combat waitress from the future'. I see that I am quite relieved that it's not along the similar lines.

How intriguing...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:16 AM #11 of 43
Just finished off episode 2. I'd say it's heading on a great start. And :

Spoiler:
seeing the main characters of black lagoon was definately a killer. Though I'm not familiar with the whole "ocean monkey" thing. Any idea what they were making fun of ?

btw, hayate = awesome for wearing a straw hat XD.
Spoiler:
Yeah busted out laughing when I saw the black lagoon crew and him dressed up as Levi ^^.
Hayate mentioned his dream of becoming "king of the pirates" would be ruined and was wearing a straw hat while saying it.
Thats from One Piece, the rubber boy with the straw hat who wants to be king of the pirates.

Great episode, the next one should be good from the looks of the preview

New Record!
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 01:55 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 07:55 PM #12 of 43
I find all the cowtowing to the likes of Black Lagoon and then oddball censoring (thank you very much, TV Tokyo) to be a rather jaring contrast.

And I know they make light of the whole deal but it does come close to "deal breaker" at least twice for me.

Most amazing jew boots
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:47 PM #13 of 43
New chapter of the manga has been released by MusashiQuality, and again Hayate's job is in jeopardy.

Manga spoilers:
I'd personally like to see more developments between Hayate and Hinagiku. The chapter with the haunted school house was pretty amusing, and she's shown that she's looking out for Hayate by refraining from entering a final track event.

I've also been keeping track of the anime and I've been very pleased by the new jokes that were thrown in to keep it fresh. :gendoboss: and :gendoklaus: were amazing.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:11 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 02:11 AM #14 of 43
I've only seen the first episode, but that was frickin' awesome. It seems this show is especially well-written. The art looks kinda shoddy, especially from a character-design standpoint, but it makes up for it in off-beat punchlines and just plain craziness.

EDIT: After having seen the second episode, the dire art is starting to really annoy me, because it brings the whole show down, despite having some of the funniest dialogue/writing I've seen in any recent anime. The art just looks like it was made by someone who was following a "draw in an anime style!" tutorial or something, and the animation is really choppy. Lots of useless and cheapening CG-effects, also.

Spoiler:
I especially loved the various "fake ends" in the second episode, where "THE END" would appear and then the announcer would be like "wait, we're not even halfway the first half of the show! Here's some fanservice to compensate!"

The show definitely likes breaking the fourth wall, but I think it's done in a funny way and isn't as trite as some shows.

Spoiler:
Yeah busted out laughing when I saw the black lagoon crew and him dressed up as Levi ^^.
Hayate mentioned his dream of becoming "king of the pirates" would be ruined and was wearing a straw hat while saying it.
Thats from One Piece, the rubber boy with the straw hat who wants to be king of the pirates.
Spoiler:
And his name is Monkey D. Luffy, so that's where the monkey boy thing comes from.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 05:10 PM #15 of 43
The series seems to be taking some creative liberties, differing a bit from the manga. However, it almost makes things more awesome.

Spoiler:
The Metal Gear Solid references were amazing. It would've been perfect if they included a "!" sound effect. The other three girls introduced are also hilarious, always facing the screen.

Next episode will probably have the epic COMEDY TRIO bit, I can't wait.

FELIPE NO
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:00 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 02:00 AM #16 of 43
Spoiler:
The Metal Gear Solid references were amazing. It would've been perfect if they included a "!" sound effect. The other three girls introduced are also hilarious, always facing the screen.
Hahaha that killed me! Great stuff.

Spoiler:
The joke where Nagi repeats the (extremely unlikely) event that just occurred when her lunch was destroyed reminded me of the same joke which is used repeatedly in Digi Charat, but I wasn't sure if it was a reference or just a common joke.

Tama is hilarious, also. Hopefully he'll be featured here and there throughout the series so he remains funny and doesn't become tired.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:32 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 07:32 AM #17 of 43
I like the series but the random censorship for not geting sued and because TV tokyo are generaly speaking total dicks are grating to say the least
What, you can say Playstaion, Dreamcast and Nintendo 64 but not Sony? What, you can show the cast of Black Lagoon but upon any violence, NOPE, LOL TV TOKYO?!

Honestly? They doomed this project the second Tv Tokyo even had a look in, It happened to Air Gear, it's gonna happen to Hayate.

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 02:16 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 12:16 AM #18 of 43
The series seems to be taking some creative liberties, differing a bit from the manga. However, it almost makes things more awesome.

Spoiler:

Next episode will probably have the epic COMEDY TRIO bit, I can't wait.
Yeah, those references are just absolutely awesome. I would argue though that the high point of episode 4 had to be this reference:

Spoiler:

The Aku Soku Zan served to sweeten the deal and make the scene all the more hilarious. I was in fits after that. Gatotsu! for win ='D

How ya doing, buddy?
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 04:41 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 05:41 PM #19 of 43
I like the series but the random censorship for not geting sued and because TV tokyo are generaly speaking total dicks are grating to say the least
What, you can say Playstaion, Dreamcast and Nintendo 64 but not Sony? What, you can show the cast of Black Lagoon but upon any violence, NOPE, LOL TV TOKYO?!

Honestly? They doomed this project the second Tv Tokyo even had a look in, It happened to Air Gear, it's gonna happen to Hayate.
You really don't get the joke.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:20 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 09:20 AM #20 of 43
The little censorship guy is amazing. DON'T WASTE FOOD

Also, even though they fucked with the continuity, it looks like I was still right about episode five. Preview looks like they're keeping the physical gags of EPIC COMEDY TRIO, hopefully.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 05:09 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 06:09 PM #21 of 43
Taco, thanks for your hard work for uploading the mangas and pointing out the H264 version of the anime!!

I love this series, it kinda reminds me of Hanokyou Maids (sp?) and He is my Master anime~~

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:59 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 07:59 AM #22 of 43
The title caught my eye, and now I love this series, really really hilarious!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 01:22 AM #23 of 43
I laughed up a lung at "This school is as big as Vana'****"

Thank you anime, I knew that FFXI would be acknowledged sometime.

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 01:38 AM #24 of 43
You must've missed Welcome to the NHK and the episodes where Satou was addicted to a MMO parodying FFXI.

Chapter 56 stuff:
As Hayate has another brush with getting fired, Klaus is then caught between a rock and a hard place. Maria is so awesome.

I wonder who the new girl is? The last thing Hayate needs is another moneymonger in his life, and it looks like that's what he's found.

Most amazing jew boots
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 02:39 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2007, 08:39 AM #25 of 43
I droped this show, the censor-twat was too anoying for my tastes. This makes it 1:1 for shows that have been droped when I saw stupid censorship (Air Gear et all.)

I meen seriously, guys, if your going to censor, do it cleanly (Seto No Hanayome: Blood might be white, but it's still blood damnit!)

I enjoyed HtCB the manga but if the censorship in the anime is supposed to be a joke I am NOT laughing.
Tv Tokyo is a horrid punchline.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Hayate the Combat Butler