Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"You don't act your race/age/etc etc."

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 11:34 PM #76 of 87
Why do you want me to answer for someone else's stereotypes? I don't know you and I don't care about you.

But while we're at it, tell me how I'm wrong. Or is your group of friends both online and off an oasis of unique in a sea of conformity? How can it be that so many people tell you how they defy stereotypes, yet you think this is important somehow?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 11:35 PM #77 of 87
Because I want to know why people think this way.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 11:38 PM #78 of 87
If you're not asking me directly, why did you ask me directly?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 11:38 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 08:38 PM #79 of 87
I'm constantly accused of not acting like a proper nerd, who sits online all day long waiting for someone to stroke my ego or whine when they don't. Too bad Miyomi can't say the same.

FELIPE NO
There was a foxy here It's gone now
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 11:39 PM #80 of 87
Like hell you are. Nowadays, the proper nerd browses 4chan while waiting for ego-stroking. The hypernerds of the future are here today.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: May 6, 2006, 02:36 PM #81 of 87
Miyomi. Stop acting like a child and closing the thread because you don't like where the conversation is going. Un-doing moderator action is grounds for a warning, so consider this one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
High_Seraphim
~*~Silver Seraph~*~

Member 4660

Level 11.09

Apr 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 12:17 PM #82 of 87
Originally Posted by Visavi
People still say that I look about three or four years younger than I am. I am normally the oldest person in a group of friends, but I'm the one that either has their ID checked, or if everyone has their ID checked, I'm the only one they ever do a triple-take on. If I were to wear my hair in a ponytail, people would swear that I was 14.

Since most of my friends were too busy getting high, laid, and/or paid during high school, I like to act like a high school student whenever I hang out with friends now. It annoys them since they want to be all "I'm college so let's sit around and critique Bach and Amadeus while sipping steaming hot latte's" while I'm all "Let's go out and drive around and watch movies and eat out and throw condom balloons at the President's car! EEEEEEEEEE!" Ok, maybe not the last part, but it would be fun.
lol someone who shares my pain :P I swear, going into clubs and bars... they ask immediately, "ID please" =_=" while my friends go in without a hitch... not to mention one of them is underage lol... but anyways...

well why not just keep acting young? :P It's more fun to act like that sometimes... I mean, my mates don't really give a shit sometimes, and we act so immature but it's all bloody fun with them :lolsign:

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Sun Tzu's
Art of War

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 12:06 AM #83 of 87
Originally Posted by High_Seraphim
well why not just keep acting young? :P It's more fun to act like that sometimes... I mean, my mates don't really give a shit sometimes, and we act so immature but it's all bloody fun with them :lolsign:
I love looking and acting young b/c I know that while they're worried about putting on make-up and getting tans I'll sit back and think, "Just wait until we're all 40 and I still look 30". I like to act young, but most of my female friends (when I can pry them away from their boyfriends) sort of sneer because they want to act all grown up. So what if I like cartoons and driving to the nearest soda fountain rather than getting pedicures and talking about what someone was wearing on a cover of Vogue.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 01:20 PM #84 of 87
People expect others to act like a stereotype for a very simple reason. The majority of the general public are pretty much mindless sheep who can't think for themself. They can't grasp that concept let alone the fact that someone else doesn't fit into that category and wants to better themself.

If I was black and other black people yelled at me for not using Ghetto talk, I'd tell them to enjoy working at McDonald's for the rest of their life while I actually try to move up in the world.

And for the people who say that people think they're younger then they are, you should be happy. For the most part being younger = being better looking. It's alot better then the otherway around. I was incredibly insulted when I as 22 and a girl thought I was in my 30s...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 01:34 PM #85 of 87
Quote:
People expect others to act like a stereotype for a very simple reason. The majority of the general public are pretty much mindless sheep who can't think for themself.
Do these two sentences look right to you?

Most amazing jew boots
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 03:09 PM #86 of 87
Originally Posted by DarkMageOzzie
And for the people who say that people think they're younger then they are, you should be happy. For the most part being younger = being better looking. It's alot better then the otherway around. I was incredibly insulted when I as 22 and a girl thought I was in my 30s...
I am glad for it, but the only people that think I'm better looking are on-line. The guys in my region of the U.S. go for women that look older than they really are (stupid media).

Actually, something worse than not acting the age/race/etc. is when you do act it to see if people notice, they ignore you. Then, when you go back to being yourself, they ask you why you never even try to act that way. It mostly comes up with me when I have to get dressed up and look like some of the girls on the cover of Premiere or Vogue or something (like when I wrote an article on the college equivalent of prom). I'll dress up for a special presentation or something and no one will notice. Then, when I go back to my jeans and T-shirt, everyone begins to complain about why I never dress like a girl.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > "You don't act your race/age/etc etc."