Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Fullmetal Alchemist: Manga edition

gamersara
Smash!

Member 24768

Level 6.12

Sep 2007

Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:37 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 11:37 AM #51 of 61
Xerxes is to the east of Amestrian

Most amazing jew boots
My Side of the Story
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:00 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 12:00 AM #52 of 61
This does not help =p I thought the Chinese-ish joint was eastward.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

gamersara
Smash!

Member 24768

Level 6.12

Sep 2007

Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:11 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 01:11 PM #53 of 61
Xing is to the far east of Amestris across the Great Desert,
Xerxes is in the Desert area

I was speaking idiomatically.
My Side of the Story

Last edited by gamersara; Oct 10, 2007 at 12:13 AM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:59 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 05:59 PM #54 of 61
I've been getting all my scans from StopTazmo but pretty much only just realised that they were done by TMI scans.

@Gechmir: Xerxes was the desert area that Ed and Armstrong travelled to, to meet up with old man Fuu and Sergeant Ross. The damaged mural of the transmutaion circle that Ed looks at can be seen in it's complete form in that scene where the King of Xerxes is standing in front of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:41 AM #55 of 61
I've been getting most if not all of my manga chapters from mangahelpers.com. They usually don't do the scanslating itself, but they provide download links (torrents, rapidshare, to even direct downloads). Really helpful; they're usually the first ones to post manga links after the actual group.

Gah, the chapter'll be out in two days? Then we might be scans by the end of the week! *0*

How ya doing, buddy?
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2007, 07:52 AM #56 of 61
Ok....

....Ok, so I like, just read chapter 76 right now (chapter can be downloaded from mangahelpers.com)

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS CHAPTER YET, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER LINK

Spoiler:
What the hell!?! Kimbly versus Ed was so intense! What the hell is going to happen to the Elrics? Especially since Al's soul is being pulled away! There was no sign of Kimbly, and the two chimeras from Central as stuck in the rubble, so no one can help Ed...!

Damnit, Ed CAN'T die! What the hell! He just CAN'T. But shit, he just got speared by a fallen plank, and injuries in the FMA world is actually realistic (remember Roy vs. Lust fight?). But-but-but~~

Oh geez, this is fucking crazy. And now we kinda know that Hoenheim taught the Xing alchemy, and Father gave his version of alchemy to Amestris...?

Gah, waiting a month for the next chapter to come out is going to be killer *_*

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:17 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 01:17 AM #57 of 61
Well, that's it. Fullmetal Alchemist has come to an end. The last chapter was released (over a hundred pages!!) and it was a great close to an awesome story. What are you waiting for? Go check it out!!

OneManga - Fullmetal Alchemist: Chapter 108 (End)

The above link is to the online manga site I usually read my manga from.

So what were your thoughts on the series as a whole? Did the ending satisfy you or were you hoping for something more?

Looking forward to the end of the animated series now. Hope it'll be just as awesome!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:11 PM #58 of 61
I read it last night, and I thought the end was pretty satisfying. There were a few things that bugged me, but nothing major.

Spoiler:
- Roy initially said he was going to let Grumman become Fuhrer since he'd gone blind and would have to leave the army. Somehow Grumman still became Fuhrer even after Mustang had healed his eyes, and Roy was only a Brigadier General. Not really a complaint, but it's something that I wish they had fleshed out a bit more.

- I'm still unclear on how Pride forced Roy to use human transmutation, or why Roy had to pay a price for it. I don't recall anything actually getting transmuted by the process either, so that was all a bit funky.

- I wish the culmination of Father's plan hadn't been to engulf God and harness its power. That's such a stereotypical villain plot. Dante's goal of just needing a new stone for self-preservation in the first anime series' ending was better. They could have just left it at that considering he probably did need a new stone for the same reason, but they just had to drag becoming a god into it.

- Ed leaving Winly behind to go learn in the west was strange considering he essentially proposed to her, and it showed that they later had a kid or two. Not sure why she didn't go with him.

That stuff aside, it was a pretty good ending. I need to catch up on watching Brotherhood since I've fallen about 5 episodes behind. I haven't watched since the two episodes of Roy and Hawkeye effortlessly decimating Envy aka the most one-sided fight ever. That's the best part of the manga anyway.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:16 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2010, 12:16 AM #59 of 61
@Tritoch
Spoiler:
1) I was surprised with that too, though as a Brigadier General working in the East, Roy would probably feel better with a hands-on approach to revising his country's policies towards Ishval, even with Miles and Scar spearheading the effort to rebuild their country. He probably felt it was more productive than sitting in an office in Central.

2) Man, that stumped me too. All I know is that Pride absorbed the knowledge of that gold-toothed alchemist so that he could force Roy into doing a transmutation. But then again near the end of the manga, Ed did the same thing on himself to go back to fetch Al...? Huh, I dunno....

3) Well, there was the transmutation of the kingdom of Xerxes which led to the homunuculus in the flask getting a body in the first place. I guess the next step was doing it bigger and better so why not go and absorb God too? If I remember correctly, they left out Father and the whole Xerxes thing in the first animated series, right?

4) A man's gotta go out alone (nah, jk!). I think it's because he just had to go. He proposed just before the train would leave so that didn't give them much time to decide anything I think. He obviously came back cos there was a photo of him and Winry with 2 kids. Behind them were Al and Mei.

Those pictures at the end were hilarious! I can't believe Yoki, Lion-san and Gorilla-san went and joined the circus! LOL!!

It was strange that Hohenheim passed away though, I thought. Did his stone just run out? He did offer to sacrfice himself to bring Al back so I assumed since he didn't use the stone for that he would still continue to live...

I just finished episode 59 of Brotherhood. Wondering if I should watch 60 now or wait to download the final 3 episodes before continuing.....

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:06 PM #60 of 61
Do we know that Brotherhood is going to be 63 episodes, or are you just gauging by what's left in the story?

Spoiler:
They sort of left out Father in the first series. From what I remember the homonculus still referred to Father near the beginning, but called it something different once it started to diverge from the manga's plot. Their leader was Hohenheim's old wife using the philosopher's stone to live forever, so there was nothing about Xerxes from what I remember. Hell, I think the transmutation circle was only Central instead of nationwide.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2010, 05:48 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2010, 06:48 PM #61 of 61
It's now confirmed through Random Curiosity that FMA Brotherhood is actually 64 episodes and not the 63 that was announced before (I think they said it would be around 63 episodes when the anime reached the 50th episode or so).

Random Curiosity

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Fullmetal Alchemist: Manga edition