Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

2 Heart or B Heart

Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:43 AM #1 of 13
2 Heart or B Heart

I was just pondering after I finished one of my kdramas that I've been watching...and I'm not sure if some1 has already made this thread but I'll make this one anyways...

Basically I'm just wondering what the consensus is...would you rather love someone or be loved by someone? Be able to tell someone you love them or to listen to someone say that they love you? If you could only pick one of the two, which would you pick???

Most amazing jew boots
Signature removed by the board of directors
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:13 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 01:13 PM 1 #2 of 13
If you love someone and they don't love you, you are extremely vulnerable. I think that if I only had one person I loved in the world, and they didn't love me, it'd be incredibly depressing. On the other hand, if someone loves you and you don't love them, it may make you feel bad for them, but it's not as painful.

So if I had the choice between those two options, I'd probably rationally pick to be loved by someone. In reality, I love quite a few people (parents, best friend, girlfriend, in that order) and most of them love me back, so I'm having a hard time imagining that situation, but I'm pretty sure that's what I would choose.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:27 AM #3 of 13
Exclamation

Basically I'm just wondering what the consensus is...would you rather love someone or be loved by someone?
Basically I'm just wondering what the consensus is...would you rather love someone or be loved by someone? Be able to tell someone you love them or to listen to someone say that they love you? If you could only pick one of the two, which would you pick???
If those options are mutually exclusive, then it'd be a waste of time since no one would be happy either - an incomplete solution isn't a solution.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Tek2000; Feb 27, 2007 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Bug
Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:14 PM #4 of 13
let me try to put it in a situation of whether or not you would morally feel right to accept someone's heart and waste their time because you don't love them back or continue loving someone despite them loving someone else and not you.... Would you feel happier knowing that you care about someone and feel sad that they won't return your love or would you feel happier knowing that someone loves you but you hurt them because you won't return their love. Or am I sensing that the practical solution would be to remove yourself from the situation and the person all together???

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Signature removed by the board of directors
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 05:53 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 12:53 AM #5 of 13
Or am I sensing that the practical solution would be to remove yourself from the situation and the person all together???
There's no such thing as a practical solution to a hypothetical question. Answering by denying the basic premise (like x86 did) is denying the question itself.

My practical solution would be to fall in love with someone who is in love with me. That's what I did, and I recommend it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:31 PM #6 of 13
I'd have to choose to have someone be in love with me...then I would never talk to them again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 08:08 PM #7 of 13
What drama was it? Lol, I hope it wasn't silly Goong.

FELIPE NO
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:32 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 10:32 PM #8 of 13
I assume from the text above this means that only 1 person can be in love in either situation, so either you love someone & they don't love you back or someone loves you but you don't love them back. In that case, I would choose to love someone & not have them love me back, because I could move on and it wouldn't hurt the other person. It would be horrific to have someone truly love me and to have to crush their dreams!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:32 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 03:32 PM #9 of 13
Man, you're getting these silly ideas from watching asian dramas. Stop watching that crap. They tend to show that it's usually the girls who confess their feelings to the dudes. Which is lame. So, a male character will be this little weak thing who, by some reason, represents a typical masculine guy in korea, will act all high and mighty and not show his feelings to a girl. So this girl character, who obviously has the hots of this male character will do anything to get the attention of the guy, and in a way show to the viewers that "HEY IT'S BETTER TO WAIT FOR THE OTHER PARTY TO SAY SHIT RATHER THAN BE COURAGEOUS AND STAND UP FOR WHAT I FEEL" or some other crap like that.

Anyways, as to your question, "to love someone or to be loved by someone"? What the heck. So, you love someone, but that someone doesn't love you back? Better be off masturbating. And if you're loved by someone, and you don't love him/her? Better be off masturbating too.

I can't see the logic in your question.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:11 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 12:11 AM #10 of 13
I have heard that it is better to be loved and not love the person rather than cling onto a person you love but doesn't reciprocate. One sided relationships suck either way. It's best not to even bother because either you can start loving a person who loves you (which is like forcing your love) or moving on from some crush. It's hard to "love" someone back when you find them repulsive. =\

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2007, 07:15 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2007, 02:15 PM #11 of 13
well it would have to be mutual so it would have to go both ways, not one. I knew A girl who always told me how much she liked me and I was very flattered but I wasn't attracted to her at all so in the end there was nothing there and vise versa. Although for the sake of the discussion I will have someone tell me lol If I had the choice I'd be lazy with it I'm horrible like that hehe.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 05:15 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 12:15 AM #12 of 13
This reminds me of the movie Adaptation (which I recommend if you haven't seen it, it's amazing). One of the big themes of the movie is the idea "You are what you love, not what loves you." It tells the story of these twin brothers. During high school the first brother would always go talk to this girl who was obviously out of his league, but that he 'loved', and she'd be polite and have a conversation with him. The second brother points out to him that after he would leave the girl, she would make fun of him with all of her friends. The first brother says he knew it but didn't care, because he still loved her and still loved talking to her. It was his love, not hers.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 06:48 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 11:48 PM #13 of 13
They both suck, but being loved only annoys you instead of crushing you so I'd have to pick being loved, but then everyone loves me anyway.

I was speaking idiomatically.

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > 2 Heart or B Heart