Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:33 AM #1 of 3609
It's pretty obvious that the MITB match will either be won by RVD or Flair. Shelton doesn't have the star power to have a title shot, the WWE just doesn't recognize the ability Lashley has, Booker T has lost enough title matches already, and nobody cares about Matt Hardy. Essentially, Smackdown doesn't have a chance.

I wan't Flair to win, but my money is on RVD. He is due for a title shot, and the WWE has been pushing him tremendously lately.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:59 PM #2 of 3609
It's unfortunate that SNME had poor ratings. I hope this does not discourage NBC from doing this again. It was fun, entertaining, and promoted the WWE product very well.

The classic opening was pretty much what sold the show for me.

How ya doing, buddy?
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:45 AM #3 of 3609
I always found the "My Son Shane" thing to be something that a very proud father would say.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:41 PM #4 of 3609
Styles is pretty good at mentioning those kinds of facts too. I was surprised he didn't mention it as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:12 PM #5 of 3609
It truly is amazing the difference between the annoucing quality on SNME with Jim Ross and yesterday's Raw.

Getting rid of Ross was probably the biggest mistake of 2005 in the WWE.

I was speaking idiomatically.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:01 AM #6 of 3609
I think you're alone on the RVD thumb pointing thing.

To tell RVD not to do that is like telling The Rock not to do the People's eyebrow.

Double Post:
Anyway, some could point out examples of huge mistakes made by the WWE, such as losing the Dudley Boyz, Christian, Haas (just to later re-sign him) and probably several other company mistakes.

However, none of those changed the face of WWE like "firing" J.R. Probably the most short sighted move by the WWE in a long time.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by rockthepartay; Mar 22, 2006 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:36 PM #7 of 3609
There are just way too many DX hints for them NOT to bring it back. It's not even subtle anymore.

They brought the NWO back, why not DX? Have you heard those pops everytime DX is hinted at?

I mean, yeah, it's going to flop as far as storylines go, but it will bring in plenty of money and possibly bring in old viewers for awhile until they realize it's just a gimmick.

FELIPE NO
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 04:55 PM #8 of 3609
Exactly.

And seriously, who would want them back anyway?

They have plenty of guys that can fill in and probably do a better job at it too. I mean, HHH is getting huge pops now, and it was happening before he was facing off against Cena. It is time for a face turn for him, even though he sucks as a face.

And if they are thinking of bringing Sean Waltman back for all this, then they should forget the whole idea. Nobody wants to see him back.

Most amazing jew boots
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:56 AM #9 of 3609
See No Evil will fail at the box office.

It's going up against The Da Vinci Code.

rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 05:50 PM #10 of 3609
That video really shows how this whole DX thing is a bad idea.

This isn't the late 90's anymore, WWE. Let it go.

And since we have a regurgitation of the Undertaker Vs. Undertaker feud but now with Kane, I can't wait for Doink the Clown to have a regular role on Smackdown.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:25 AM #11 of 3609
Spoiler:
I've read at a few places that Test is actually going to be a top heel at ECW. Either way, both are pretty bad ideas.

Hey, guys. Remember when they brought back the nWo?

Yeah, that fucking sucked.

The problem with DX is that instead of promoting their current roster with new and interesting storylines, they have to dig through the past and hope that the same fire will spark once again. It won't. Oh, it'll bring in lots of money from the merchandise sales, but it will not bring new fans to the product which is what they actually need.

The fact of the matter is that HHH and HBK are not the same as they were when DX was at its best. HBK is a born again Christian and HHH is expecting a child. Both of these events change people. And to be honest, both men have grown up.

DX was about dick jokes and sticking it to the man. YAWN. Been there, done that.

There is a 90% that this new DX will fucking flop. Big time. If it doesn't, well, then that'll be great. But I hope nobody is really expecting much from all this.

rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:16 AM #12 of 3609
I haven't watched Smackdown in years. So, yeah. I guess I missed that.

Yeah, the WWE is great at bringing back old storylines instead of creating new ones. It's just that when they do, everyone wishes they hadn't.

A one night reunion type scenario would be great, but I hope it doesn't turn into a long term deal.

Most amazing jew boots
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:01 AM #13 of 3609
So, yeah. This is a clip from Raw tonight. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIj9bpCk24

Hands down the funniest shit I've seen in a long time.

rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 02:30 PM #14 of 3609
Is anybody genuinely surprised that the new ECW sucks?

I mean, come on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:39 AM #15 of 3609
Around the mid-90's, WCW was a far superior product than WWE. So, I can understand what The B0mb is talking about.

After DX, however, nWo just went downhill.

FELIPE NO
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 04:44 PM #16 of 3609
Quote:
Yeah especially when they bleeped the word sucks right? WCW was a joke and so was Ted Turner.
Ratings, revenues, and a general understanding of the wrestling business goes against your logic. Easily.

Poor business descision made by Bischoff is what killed WCW, not the product itself.

Double Post:
Also, HHH is actually a company man, and he has demonstrated this in the past 18 months.

I mean, the guy took two straight loses at Wrestlemania. That's good stuff. Doesn't make up for what he did in the past (i.e. Kane, Y2J, and RVD), but it's great in any case.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by rockthepartay; Jun 17, 2006 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 09:49 PM #17 of 3609
The death of Benoit is so shocking to me that it doesn't seem real. What a tragedy.

rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:50 PM #18 of 3609
That article does not imply that Benoit was the murderer.

The only thing in the article indicating that Benoit killed his wife and kid was the police not ruling out strangulating or suffocating.

I really don't know what to say about any of this, really.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:19 AM #19 of 3609
From WWE.com:

Quote:
WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.
Nothing makes sense anymore.

rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:53 AM #20 of 3609
I know this is too early and probably very inappropriate, but I'm going to say it anyway since it has been on my mind and is really bothering me. Besides, it's a legitimate question.

If it turns out that Benoit did kill his kid and wife, and that it wasn't an accident and no drugs were involved, I wonder how this will affect his legacy and placement in the WWE Hall of Fame. It was an obvious decision to have Eddie Guerreor inducted, but I don't think it will be that clear cut now for Benoit. Will his amazing career triumph over the fact that he killed his 7-year-old son? Also, will people remain sympathetic towards Benoit once they find out he is a murderer? Will they forgive him?

Fuck, I just don't know what to think.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:17 AM #21 of 3609
Shoulda' tapped...
I'm surprised Benoit didn't do a diving headbutt on a table to kill himself.

rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:30 AM #22 of 3609
I don't think he will be "edited out" of the history of the WWE, but I also don't think they'll promote their products with Chris Benoit's name ever again.

I wonder if they'll confiscate pro-Benoit signs in future events. You know some people are going to try.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 04:44 PM #23 of 3609
This shit just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

From LOP:

Quote:
Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home
An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned. Employees at Wikipedia.org said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html
Quote:
Death of Nancy Benoit rumour posted on Wikipedia hours prior to body being found
Wikinews has learned through an investigation that anonymous edits on the Wikipedia article Chris Benoit were added about the death of his wife Nancy Benoit 14 hours before police entered the Benoit home to find the former professional World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Canadian wrestler and his family dead.
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Death_of...dy_being_found

FELIPE NO

Last edited by rockthepartay; Jun 28, 2007 at 04:53 PM.
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:31 PM #24 of 3609
Quote:
Well it COULD be Khali(haha). Could also be Stinsky who's another tall guy(taller than Vince). Oh this is going to be good. Umaga jobbed in the worst possible way, I felt bad for him.
What are you talking about? That is the most badass way to get written off, and it made HHH look really good. What more could you ask for? The person you should feel sorry for is Regal.

The final segment was really sloppy, but I guess that's to be expected now that Kennedy has been yanked out of the storyline. Here's hoping that they have a backup plan, because Kennedy really was the perfect choice.

Most amazing jew boots
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:06 AM #25 of 3609
It seems like every week either Brock Lesnar or Jericho are signing up with WWE/TNA.

So, here's hoping it's Cody Rhodes.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread