Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Have you ever broken up with someone you loved?

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:28 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 10:28 AM #26 of 40
I've broken up with someone (did it in the most horrid fashion, I must admit), and by the time I did it I didn't love him anymore. Or perhaps I was never in love with him in the first place, just wanted protection and company. So in answer to your question, it's probably a no.

However, I did consider breaking up with someone I do truly love, and that was pretty tortuous. I'm glad I haven't, but remembering the thought that ran through my head when I thought of that still makes my heart feel like it's being aim-darted by a million needles.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:44 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 10:44 AM #27 of 40
I once got into a fight with someone I truly loved and walked out never to return again. I said some things I probably shouldn't have and I will always regret that. But such is life, you know? You learn from your fuck-ups and move on. At least that's the way I rationalized it, perhaps to keep myself from going crazy over my stupid decision.

Either way... Yeah... Moving on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 02:44 PM #28 of 40
I did a couple of months ago. We'd been engaged about a year.

What happened was this: we started dating when I really just wanted a good friend. Since he was persistent and met all the little requirements I had at the time, I couldn't come up with a good reason *not* to date him, and so we began. Turns out his intentions were considerably more serious: he wanted a wife. Fast forward two years: we're graduating, starting to plan a wedding, and I woke up one morning with the terrible realization that if I don't love him after two years of wanting to, it's not going to happen just because we got married. In fact, marriage is probably going to make things worse because I'm already feeling trapped and we haven't even made the vows yet. That was wretched. I had to move (I'd been renting, coincidentally, from his Mum) and change all sorts of trivial life things in the middle of the academic quarter, and he basically melted into a puddle of emotion that hasn't progressed much in the three months since.

But yeah... I just could not face the idea of marrying someone I'm not in love with if there is no good reason for it. It seemed like an incredibly stupid thing to do. (Now I realize that this breaking-up should have happened long before, probably before we got engaged. At the time, however, I still thought I could change to be what he needed/wanted. It didn't work.)
In case you hadn't noticed, the title of the thread is "broken up with someone you loved, clearly something you stated you did not do.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 07:06 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 05:06 PM #29 of 40
(did it in the most horrid fashion, I must admit)
I don't wanna open up wounds here but my curiosity gets the best of me... Details?

I was speaking idiomatically.
megabug7
Old Habits Die Hard

Member 29016

Level 2.38

Mar 2008

Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2008, 02:08 AM #30 of 40
Yes I have -- probably the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever had to do.
Not nice and it's something I never ever want to do again

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fireman Joe
Superhero Extroadinaire

Member 1518

Level 11.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:03 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2008, 03:03 PM #31 of 40
Yes, I was an asshole.
I left the girl I loved (12 months) for one that I liked (4 weeks).

Needless to say this new relationship sucked.
Not one of my finer moments.

Most amazing jew boots
Confusious
Wark!

Member 5047

Level 2.86

Apr 2006

Old Feb 9, 2009, 04:17 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2009, 03:17 AM #32 of 40
More often than I would like to say.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
H-Bomb
Banned

Member 33163

Level 2.38

Mar 2009

Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:11 AM 1 1 #33 of 40
My love life is a series of one night stands. I tried having a relationship one time but then I realised something. I can't stand women and their goddamned "emotions". All I want is that sweet p**n. They rob men of everything that makes men manly. Is that really worth it? I think not.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:46 PM 12 #34 of 40
It is a Victorian terror that women rob men of their vitality. The corollary is that only true companionship can be found in other men.

I'm just saying you're proto-canon gay.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Miki4
Carob Nut

Member 2704

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:40 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2009, 06:40 PM #35 of 40
I've broken with my ex 4months ago. He was 9 years younger than me & acted like a 3 years old.
The problem was that he was way too sensitive & every other day not only he got hurt but he also didn't want to talk about it or what made him hurt in the first place. I felt like I was "walking on eggshells" with him ...like I had to consider every single word before saying anything to him ...I was afraid he would leave every time he got hurt and the last time when I had to wait for him when it did happen, I didn't know if he would return I was really hurt by this and when he came back I told him I couldn't take it anymore & he should leave for real this time.

Now I consider if to take him back cause I know he does love me still and I feel the same way... I do think of takeing some consultation, for me ..for us, before any chance of him getting back to my house. For now we're friends, though I did told him I'm considering of us being back together again.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:30 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2009, 04:30 PM #36 of 40
Originally Posted by Arainach
In case you hadn't noticed, the title of the thread is "broken up with someone you loved, clearly something you stated you did not do.
Still seemed relevant. Mostly to Nadienne's comment about breaking up with someone that you love, but are not in love with. Imo, it's entirely possible to love someone and not want to date/marry/fuck them.

Most amazing jew boots
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:39 PM #37 of 40
Yeah, that's telling him.

A year and three months later.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:51 PM #38 of 40
Yeah, well. Better late than never.

Or so said Cheech Marin in Ghostbuster 2.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Jun 2, 2009, 07:08 PM #39 of 40
ElementalKnight
Syklis Green

Member 1204

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2009, 11:26 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2009, 10:26 PM 1 #40 of 40
I have done this, and it was one of the hardest things I ever did. Then again, in retrospect, it definitely was the right decision. But it hurt like hell for literally a year+ afterward.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Have you ever broken up with someone you loved?