Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Best Things You've Learned From Your Parents

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2008, 05:01 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 05:01 PM #51 of 57
My Father has always been a hard worker and when he wants something he works hard for it. However, I have not always picked that up. I am not as ambitious as he is, but at the same time when I really want something or believe in something, I work hard at it.

My Father taught me how to communicate with people. He taught me that the most important thing in life is to be as honest and trustworthy as humanly possible. It is through this lesson that I have been able to live my life with as much fairness to others as possible. Yes, sometimes I deviate from it, but when dealing with the public and with many, if not all my friends, I have always been straight up and honest. I have been brought up with the ideology that being honest creates a reputation that people believe in.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Traveller87
UNDER PROBATION

Member 26124

Level 9.15

Nov 2007

Old Dec 7, 2008, 01:56 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2008, 07:56 PM #52 of 57
My mother: "Growing up means learning that you can't have everything you want."

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarmentosa
Syklis Green

Member 3294

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:32 AM Local time: Dec 26, 2008, 08:32 AM #53 of 57
My dad was nice to everyone. He made friends from the window washers, janitors to the commissioners and everyone in between. He would get invited into their offices for coffee, folks would give him stuff just for the asking.

Never look down on anyone for their job - it's just a job - it's the person behind the job that is what counts.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:18 PM Local time: Dec 27, 2008, 09:18 AM #54 of 57
My dad taught me that it's not where you go, but it's how you get there. Also, why make a new wheel if you can copy and improve one?

My mom taught us table etiquette and how to be polite and nice to others, basically how you present yourself to other people.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
todaysmiracle
Mrs

Member 33102

Level 1.47

Mar 2009

Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:58 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2009, 01:58 PM #55 of 57
My parents taught me how to survive - by trying to kill my soul. I was abused through out my entire childhood. I don't know who I've been without them but I don't grief the person I've become either.

FELIPE NO
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Mar 7, 2009, 07:57 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2009, 07:57 PM #56 of 57
Learning how to save money and always be prepared for that rainy day. Growing up, my mother seemed like the cheapest person to ever exist. But looking back, she was a single mom making due with much less than I understood, and I was a brat who had no concept of why we couldn't spend money. The constant concern/nagging over money put a bit of a strain on our relationship for a while, but in today's current climate, I have never been more happy she taught me how to live on nothing. It paid off in the past too, letting me live abroad without a job far longer than I really should have been able to.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:40 PM #57 of 57
I, like other posters to this thread, didn't learn what to do or how to live from my parents. I learned what NOT to do. Don't be an abusive drunk. Don't lie to my kids constantly. Don't do cocaine or marijuana. Don't accidentaly shoot guns in the apartment and blow holes in the concrete walls. Don't take so many sleeping pills that you fall over and break two VCR's. Don't run off and have kids with other people, then deny it, then move in with that other person and stop calling your first (well, technically, second) child. Don't promise you'll be home then not come...on Christmas. Don't support a man who steps on your throat when he's angry. Don't beat your kid so bad on the boardwalk that people threaten to call the cops. And many other great lessons on what NOT to do as an adult.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > The Best Things You've Learned From Your Parents