Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Thinking of heading back home

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2008, 06:17 PM #26 of 39
Seems like your mind is set on one thing and all you need from us is a confirmation on your feelings.
Exactly this.

You're not here to get opinions - you're hear to find out if people agree with what you're feeling. And in this case, I say leave. Seriously - you're going to end up hating things more and more the longer you stay.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:54 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 09:54 PM #27 of 39
Thanks for all the help everyone. I think the quote Zergrinch provided sums up how I want to approach this. I need to cut clean and head back to CA.

Of course, I also have pressing work issues, so this will have to wait until next month. I suppose that will also give me time to either reaffirm or reconsider* my decision. I already have a place to stay when I arrive in CA, so I don't have to worry about that. I don't have a lot of belongings; they can all fit in my car. By the way, I'm finally going to make that cross-country car trip I pussed out on when I came here to VA.

My boyfriend can find a roommate. This is a nice house and we have an empty bedroom/bathroom here that we chose not to "fill" because we can make the mortgage payments ourselves. Also, he has a good job, and family/friends to fall back on. Worrying about his living situation is foolish, and worrying about his emotions is probably just the same.

I have to be honest. While my brother is the most important person to me, and while I like living new places, I think I really only had two goals in mind when I came to VA:
1) Move in with my boyfriend. I was desperate. I never had a real relationship. I wanted something different. He seemed to have good morals and values, and shared some peculiar interests with me. I thought it was too good to be true... well, perhaps that's right.
2) Move out of my mother's house. I love my mother, and she's a sweet person, but she's too clingy. I wanted to have more privacy and not put up with any more crap from her stupid boyfriends/husbands. It was one of the exact same reasons I chose to go to college in Arizona. Only, in that case, I had a goal (school), and friends I cared about.

Where am I at right now? I'm living with a guy whom I've thought about breaking up with for over a year. A guy who I'm currently seriously considering leaving. And on that line of reasoning, it only makes sense that now is the time to cut clean.

I have no goals out here that I can't fulfill elsewhere. I thought this might be a good place to get into learning music with so many OCR people around -- and yes, I am taking piano lessons. However, if I really push myself, I'm sure there's plenty of opportunity in CA, especially living only an hour north of Los Angeles. Anyway, that's a minor issue.

Breaking up won't be easy to do, but I'm up for the challenge. In the meantime, you guys have any idea of places I should visit or things I should do while I'm still out here?

* (only providing something major happens)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:16 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2008, 09:16 AM #28 of 39
this doesn't sound like a cluster to me, it just sounds like you're too inert to do what you want to do so you want Gamingforce to decide for you.
THREAD POLL -- GO!

I say break it off, much like everyone else, but it sounds like your boyfriend is quite a decent fella. Which makes it all the more painful to imagine doing. If they were an alkie or a complete dickhead, it'd be easier.

You could always engineer a plan to get him drunk and get someone else to sleep with him ;V

"MY GOD. I'VE BEEN BETRAYED. THIS IS OVER~"

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:34 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2008, 04:34 PM #29 of 39
I say break it off, much like everyone else, but it sounds like your boyfriend is quite a decent fella. Which makes it all the more painful to imagine doing. If they were an alkie or a complete dickhead, it'd be easier.

You could always engineer a plan to get him drunk and get someone else to sleep with him ;V

"MY GOD. I'VE BEEN BETRAYED. THIS IS OVER~"
Yeah, I know. It will be difficult, but I'll try to be as nice as I can about it. You know, putting antiseptic on the flesh before I cut it wide open. I actually thought about getting in a situation where he does something that makes it appear as though he offended me strongly in some way to make me want to break up... but that would be cruel. Aside from just missing me, he would also feel guilt about what he did that apparently made me leave.

I'd like to still be friends with him after this. There's a possibility it won't work that way, but I'm willing to take the risk.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:50 PM 3 #30 of 39
Start building an elaborate domino line throughout the house one night. He'll get up the next morning and accidentally set it off. Throw a fit. Point dramatically. Leave.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 08:22 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2008, 05:22 PM #31 of 39
I told my boyfriend this past Saturday night... He was really upset about it, but wasn't angry. In fact, he was worried that I was mad at him, but I assured him I was not.

I care about him and I hope he can find a way to truly be happy. Unfortunately, I can't be the one to do it. I'm sure we can still be friends though, which satisfies me.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 4, 2008, 03:06 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2008, 01:06 PM #32 of 39
This time are you going to do a a fun cross-country road trip in order to get back home?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Oct 5, 2008, 03:04 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2008, 12:04 AM #33 of 39
This time are you going to do a a fun cross-country road trip in order to get back home?
Hell yes, I am! I actually have a friend from CA flying out here and we're going together. We're going through Pittsburgh, South Bend IN, Chicago, Las Vegas, and several other cities along the way.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2008, 03:31 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2008, 03:31 PM #34 of 39
Glad you made the choice to cut it as soon as possible. The longer you drag it, the more pain it could potentially cause. The best thing for you to do is to give him space and not expect friendship right after a break up. In fact, depending on how long you've been going out, it could take some good months to get him thinking about friendship and get over the potential resentment of a break up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sylvaticus
Barack and Roll

Member 31896

Level 1.60

Oct 2008

Old Oct 6, 2008, 02:00 AM #35 of 39
you've gotta do what's best for you
if you liuve your life worrying about what is best for others, sure they may all be happy but you will be miserable
if they love you then they will understand

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 6, 2008, 03:39 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2008, 01:39 PM #36 of 39
Quote:
Hell yes, I am! I actually have a friend from CA flying out here and we're going together. We're going through Pittsburgh, South Bend IN, Chicago, Las Vegas, and several other cities along the way.
Be sure to ride on the stretch of I-70 west of Denver on your way to Vegas. I talked one of my friends that just made a trip out here to do it and he agreed it was the best stretch of highway anywhere in the country.

Also, on your way to Vegas that way you can hit Arches National Park, Bryce National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Zion National Park. And, if you're interested in large scale engineering projects, the Hoover Dam is right near Vegas!

Most amazing jew boots
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Oct 6, 2008, 04:42 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2008, 01:42 PM #37 of 39
Be sure to ride on the stretch of I-70 west of Denver on your way to Vegas. I talked one of my friends that just made a trip out here to do it and he agreed it was the best stretch of highway anywhere in the country.
I just so happen to be driving along that entire stretch, so I shall see if you're right!

Thanks for the info on the parks and such; I'll look into them.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 08:15 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 06:15 AM #38 of 39
The longer you drag it, the more pain it could potentially cause.
This is true; I've always said breaking up with someone is like peeling a bandaid (or waxing)...the quicker you do it the less pain it is in the long-run.

Have a safe drive back Kaleb.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Oct 8, 2008, 02:40 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 11:40 PM #39 of 39
Have a safe drive back Kaleb.
Thanks, Yumi! Hopefully we can have another meet sometime soon too.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Thinking of heading back home