Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"I didn't go to the prom..."

BlueNocturne
Syklis Green

Member 2459

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 05:48 PM #76 of 91
I didn't go to the prom because I went to a continuation school..

How ya doing, buddy?
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:48 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 05:48 PM #77 of 91
Originally Posted by BlueNocturne
The kids at the continuation school in my district were allowed to go to all of our formal dances..

I was speaking idiomatically.
Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:41 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 07:41 PM #78 of 91
Originally Posted by BlueNocturne
Pardon my ignorance, but whats a continuation school and why'd you miss out on your prom because of it?

I didn't go to mine, I didnt have the money and I just plain didn't want to be there, its just a bunch of people acting like royalty and winding up so wasted they cant see. I did wind up at an ex's prom and it was ok, would have had a far better night for far less elsewhere though!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 04:43 PM #79 of 91
Considering I dropped out three years beforehand, I never even realized the day came and went. Ah well, not really sure if it would´ve even generated a worthwhile memory.

FELIPE NO
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:26 PM #80 of 91
Many reason.. For one..:

-No GF, could have gone with a grp of friends.
-Costs Money(with paying the damned senior dues and all plus the tux..omg I dont even want to go into that..)
-No car
-Every year they say its gonna be good, but look at it, the next day it was the worst prom ever

Tch, I for all really had no motivation to go what so ever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Æ Ninja Æ Ver.2
Banned

Member 12549

Level 2.62

Sep 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 10:18 AM #81 of 91
I was gonna go dressed like a ninja. But they had a strict dress code at the door. So I Tenchu: Stealth Assassined my way in and killed everyone (And by that I mean I stayed home and ate Crispy Cream).

Most amazing jew boots
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:14 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 01:14 AM #82 of 91
We don't have proms in the U.K, but I couldn't go to the equivilent due to the fact I was in hospital at the time. If I could have walked I would have gone, but I had dislocated my hip and broken my ankle.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 02:48 AM #83 of 91
Well like more than a few people here have said, my excuses were the lack of a girlfriend, not wanting to shell out $90 for a ticket (and however much for a tux), and just the genuine hatred of school social events.

As for why I didn't go with a group of friends, I was one of the lucky guys who moved to a different school their senior year, and we had our Prom fairly early (early March I think). I'm not great at meeting new people as it is, and the classes I had my first semester I genuinely had no interest in anybody. Plus the good friends I made the second half of the year I got close to *after* the prom was over (apparently they had dates as it was, so it wouldn't have worked out anyway).

I can definitely see myself adding not going to the prom in my long list of highschool regrets, but I don't see much I could've done to remedy the situation anyway. Plus, judging from the majority responce here, it doesn't seem like I would've missed that much anyway.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:46 AM #84 of 91
I did not have many good friends within my high school. Going to prom to stand around in a corner by myself and brood did not sound appealing. Also: dresses = not happy for me. Heheh.

I don't regret not going.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 07:24 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 01:24 PM #85 of 91
Originally Posted by Antignition
I can definitely see myself adding not going to the prom in my long list of highschool regrets, but I don't see much I could've done to remedy the situation anyway. Plus, judging from the majority responce here, it doesn't seem like I would've missed that much anyway.
As someone else already said, the 'popular' people who go to the prom are treated like Royalty and so it must be heaven for them. However under certain circumstances that people have highlighted, there is no point in going and no shame either.

I was speaking idiomatically.
MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 02:29 PM #86 of 91
prom....
like 8 years ago...
actually i went to the prom even thought i didnt graduate at the time, i had to take some test because i failed in first instance.
i thought in not going, but i said, what do i care if im not graduate?? i want to be with my friends and parents and have a good time.
I have to mention that in my country the prom party is an elegant party(according to the economical status of the school) in which parents and sons go together
before you bash me i must tell that AFTER the prom we went to another party at the house of some guy i didnt remember the name and had a killer time till 4 pm i think

Most amazing jew boots
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:33 PM #87 of 91
I never went to any school dances or gatherings for the most part. Reasons?

1) Can't dance and I hate what I'd have to dance to.
2) I'm a social recluse for the most part.
3) Don't have formal clothes, and I wasn't going to pay several million dollars to go to the prom and essentially sit around doing nothing in some random venue eating a catered meal that would have cost me way more than a dinner elsewhere would have had I not gone.

It's really just not my bag, nor my friend's. So what would be the point really?

FELIPE NO
ionuk tomb
Ionuk_Tomb

Member 13311

Level 8.35

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:12 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 11:12 PM #88 of 91
I didn't go. I was going through a really rough time emotionally and didn't really have the money to spend on a tux and such. Could have went as there was a really cute girl (which ended up becoming a friend) that wanted to go, but she didn't ask until a day before prom...cutting the timing a little too close. Glad I didn't go in the end. I have a feeling that I would not have been fully appreciative of the experience and just made my friend feel like crap with my whining. It's a big thing for highschoolers and people who never go past highschool. Being in university, I can hardly recall anything from highschool, let alone not going to prom.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 01:12 AM #89 of 91
Nah. Didn't go.... first reason, no money, second reason, no date, third reason, didn't really want to go....

Meh... Whatever. I will, however go to my grad part this coming Sprin for my degree.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 02:43 PM #90 of 91
the prom just isnt as hype as it used to be. mine wasnt.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > "I didn't go to the prom..."