Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Apple Computer with a Dell Monitor

tenzor
24 SEASON 7 JAN 2009

Member 193

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 10:41 PM #1 of 7
Apple Computer with a Dell Monitor

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question...

I am thinking about buying a Mac Mini computer, and I wanted to know if I could use that with my current monitor a Dell 20' 2004FPS. I can't afford a Apple Cinema display along with buying a mac mini so I would have to hold off on buying the apple display until later on, but I wanted to know if Mac's can run on other monitors.

If it is possible, is anyone here running a mac on a display other then an apple one? If so how is the quality? Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 11:49 PM #2 of 7
Yes. I have a Macbook Pro and I've run it on a 32" LCDTV. It looks great.

Monitors (dells and apples) use DVI plugins and they work perfectly fine cross-brand. Mac Mini is sweet BTW.

To summarize, Mac Mini will work with any PC monitor, including your Dell.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:57 AM #3 of 7
Why would it not work with a Mac Mini.

It's not like all monitors have predefined standards or anything.

How ya doing, buddy?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 12:16 AM #4 of 7
I believe older macs used to use a funky connection for their monitors.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
XanaduTheory
Lurking your shit since 2004

Member 553

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:43 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 01:43 AM #5 of 7
Originally Posted by tenzor
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question...

I am thinking about buying a Mac Mini computer, and I wanted to know if I could use that with my current monitor a Dell 20' 2004FPS. I can't afford a Apple Cinema display along with buying a mac mini so I would have to hold off on buying the apple display until later on, but I wanted to know if Mac's can run on other monitors.

If it is possible, is anyone here running a mac on a display other then an apple one? If so how is the quality? Thanks.
I use a first generation Mac Mini everyday on a generic VGA CRT display. The Mac Mini has a DVI-I connection on the back but comes with a DVI-to-VGA adapter right in the box; handy, if your monitor is uses the old analog standard. In terms of quality, it's just the very same as on any PC, since VGA and DVI are both standard; if your purchase or have a run of the mill display, chance has it that the device has a VGA or DVI connection.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"You buy cheese from Europe by mail, is that correct?"
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:11 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 10:11 AM #6 of 7
Since we are on the subject on Mac Mini's and displays...

I'm wondering if there is a way for a Mini to connect to a TV. In other words, are there adapters for Svideo-Component-RCAvideo output? I'm wondering if these can connect to normal TV's for hometheater use.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:09 PM #7 of 7
Originally Posted by Dayvon
Since we are on the subject on Mac Mini's and displays...

I'm wondering if there is a way for a Mini to connect to a TV. In other words, are there adapters for Svideo-Component-RCAvideo output? I'm wondering if these can connect to normal TV's for hometheater use.
Indeed that is an option:

http://www.engadget.com/2005/01/25/h...-media-center/

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Apple Computer with a Dell Monitor